Add hyperlink field to the organisation details section

Options
Lyle Innes
Lyle Innes Member Posts: 3

It would be really useful to be able to add a field to the organisation details tab that expects a hyperlink.

Ideally, it would allow a URL of any length, have the option to add a url name (what appears in the details section) and that URL name is clickable, opening the address in a new tab.

This would allow pipedrive users who are already using external cloud-based document/storage platforms to link those systems to a particular organisation that they are using Pipedrive to manage.

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited June 2020 #2
    Options

@Lyle Innes  -- If you create a custom "text" field and are using google chrome -- when you put a value into that field and include http:// -- it will automatically create a hyperlink

example: Website is a custom text field

• Lyle Innes
    edited June 2020 #3
    Options

Both the text and long text field do not seem to allow long enough text strings to enter a google sheet hyperlink for example.

Also, using a shorter link that does fit, I don't seem to be getting the automatic hyperlink (using chrome)

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Hi @Lyle Innes !

I see that you are using URLs longer than our Large Text custom fields allow for. You mentioned linking documents from other storage platforms: have you tried using our Google Drive native integration? You can create documents there without leaving Pipedrive, or just attach documents that already live there.

We are also working on a feature that will let you create sales documents (contracts, quotes, etc) by pulling data from Pipedrive (less manual work!).

• Lyle Innes
    edited June 2020 #5
    Options

Hi @Lyle Innes !

I see that you are using URLs longer than our Large Text custom fields allow for. You mentioned linking documents from other storage platforms: have you tried using our Google Drive native integration? You can create documents there without leaving Pipedrive, or just attach documents that already live there.

We are also working on a feature that will let you create sales documents (contracts, quotes, etc) by pulling data from Pipedrive (less manual work!).

Google drive integration sounds exactly like what I need, I'll take a look - thanks!

• Emily Drennan
    Emily Drennan Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020 #6
    Options

Hi! Is there a way to use a longer URL in a contact card without using Google Drive native integration (our information is not stored in Google) and with it actually hyperlinking (and not in the notes section)?   Thanks!

• Toby Maple
    Toby Maple Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #7
    Options

I'd really like to link an organisations org chart that is stored on sharepoint, which is continully being updated - rather than uploading a file. Can we link out to Sharepoint?

• Markus Meier_49922
    Options

Hi @Toby Maple ,

you can now create & maintain the org chart directly in pipedrive with this extension: https://www.pipedrive.com/en/marketplace/app/vizrm/4b3640cf8fe2b2a4

saves a lot of time when updating information on the chart or in pipedrive because it bi-directionally connected!

cheers

markus

• Edan
    Edan Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Are there any plans on this? I'm shocked to see that Pipedrive doesn't have such a basic feature.

Adding an org's website seems fundamental in 2023 :)

• Nemezio
    Nemezio Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Are there any updates on this functionality?