Custom fields are REALLY a double cost for my subscription?

Options
Alex Napier Holland
Alex Napier Holland Member Posts: 30
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I'm unhappy to discover that reporting on custom fields is 'Professional' plan only?

Professionals features seem aimed at teams... But custom fields are a go-to solution for many - frankly - missing fields in Pipedrive, which relate to businesses of any size, including solo freelancers (like me).

It's annoying to have to create custom fields to run basic revenue-split reports - but it's even more frustrating to have to double the cost of my subscription to get any use out of these fields.

• I've already added a custom field for 'channel' as I freelance with a few big agencies and want to track my revenue split across each agency.
  • I also want to track my revenue across countries, but there's no field for this (?!) so I added it as a custom field...

...and now I discover that running Insights for custom fields (IE. Anything outside the fairly limited range of fields that Pipedrive includes) requires me to double my subscription from £29 to £59/month.

Pretty brutal, given that all I'm trying to do is run basic reports to discover who pays my bills.

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Alex Napier Holland ! We appreciate your feedback.

We’re sorry to hear you feel you’re missing what you need on your current plan. 

We try to structure our plans in a way that offers the right benefits for most budgets to ensure as much as possible teams only pay for what they need, and we regularly review the plans that we have and the features in them. In that sense your feedback is very much appreciated!

In this case, main use case for our Professional plan is larger teams, but there are other key benefits that are there to benefit more complex processes which you usually find in larger teams. 

As you rightly pointed out, there are definitely use cases for smaller teams with complex processes also, but for these teams to access this feature they would indeed need to upgrade to Professional. But we will make sure to review this next time we look over the plans structure.

• Alex Napier Holland
    Alex Napier Holland Member Posts: 30
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Alex Napier Holland ! We appreciate your feedback.

We’re sorry to hear you feel you’re missing what you need on your current plan. 

We try to structure our plans in a way that offers the right benefits for most budgets to ensure as much as possible teams only pay for what they need, and we regularly review the plans that we have and the features in them. In that sense your feedback is very much appreciated!

In this case, main use case for our Professional plan is larger teams, but there are other key benefits that are there to benefit more complex processes which you usually find in larger teams. 

As you rightly pointed out, there are definitely use cases for smaller teams with complex processes also, but for these teams to access this feature they would indeed need to upgrade to Professional. But we will make sure to review this next time we look over the plans structure.

Cool, that'd be great thanks.

I really need to be able to Report on Custom Fields for my one-person business and paying double my subscription to get this feature (when the rest are clearly geared towards teams) feels a little harsh!

Cheers