Deletion permission with Google Calendar

Yewande @ OTITỌ
Yewande @ OTITỌ Member Posts: 8
First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi. I want to sync Pipedrive to my Google Calendar so I can track calendar interactions. However, I'm not too comfortable with the permission that enables Pipedrive to delete all my calendars and events (!) :). Can I sync for visibility only? It would be great to have the option because I won't be managing my Calendar from Pipedrive and if there was some system issue, wouldn't want my Google Calendar to be at risk. 

Thanks

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Yewande @ OTITỌ !

You will only be able to delete events in your external calendar from PIpedrive if you use the 2-way calendar sync. If you pick the 1-way calendar sync, external events won't sync into Pipedrive and, of course, you won't be able to edit them from there. Learn more about this here and see what works best for you: Calendar Sync.

• Yewande @ OTITỌ
    Yewande @ OTITỌ Member Posts: 8
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2021 #3

Hi @Yewande @ OTITỌ !

You will only be able to delete events in your external calendar from PIpedrive if you use the 2-way calendar sync. If you pick the 1-way calendar sync, external events won't sync into Pipedrive and, of course, you won't be able to edit them from there. Learn more about this here and see what works best for you: Calendar Sync.

Thanks for your response, @Inês Batata . So it sounds like there isnt' a view-only option. i.e. being able to see my calendar via Pipedrive, but without the option of editing. This is a feature that would be super useful. I know some other companies give options on what access Google gets. Might be something to add to the list :). Thanks.