Bulk Email / O365 High Severity Warning

Jeffrey Dromeshauser
Jeffrey Dromeshauser Member Posts: 19
First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

We have used the Bulk Email tool for a while sending large email blasts (at least for us) of 200 emails to 250 emails.  Withink the last two weeks we have started to get email messages from O365 warning of account compromise - High Severity.

Our Managed IT provider is telling me this is baked in to O365, but we have never received until two weeks ago.  Does anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?

Tagged:

Comments

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Pipedrive Team Posts: 80 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited June 2020 #2

Hello Jeffrey, thank you for sharing this. Personally I've never heard about any of this and, as far as I know, messages limit are totally on the providers side. Maybe O365 changed their policies recently? 

Although, we can always try to investigate this further, so if needed you can feel free to reach out to our support via the E-mail support@pipedrive.com for any help :)

• Chad Stewart_2416
    Chad Stewart_2416 Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2020 #3

I have seen something to the effect on our account, typically it means when another system has access to your email provider, which in this case Pipedrive obviously would.

I believe we are able to simply change the rule in office 365 administrative Settings.

• Brandon Sofge
    Brandon Sofge Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020 #4

Good Morning Jeffrey,

First off, you want to know what subscription you have to O365.  If you are the administrator, log in to portal.office.com and proceed to My Products under billing.  The way to address these issues will vary weather you have an O365 E1,3,5 level plan vs. a Small Business plan.  You will have more control and be able to properly route your e-mail on an Enterprise level plan.

Additionally, have you taken the additional steps to become a trusted mass e-mail sender?  Have you implemented items like PTR and SPF records in your DNS?  You might use the tool MXToolbox to do some research there.  There are other items that can be very effective like a public facing security certificate for your Exchange Server (managed in the Exchange Admin section of your 0365 account.

The downside of just muting the warning - which you can do, is that spam filters might begin to blacklist your address and then none of your e-mail goes through.

You, or anyone in the thread, is welcome to reach out to me at Vantaggio if you would like to engage our assistance or if there is a related question I can answer.  www.Vantaggio.Biz or Insight@Vantaggio.Biz

Have a wonderful day and Happy PipeDriving!

• Pallove Chugh_4900
    Pallove Chugh_4900 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #5

Hi Jeffrrey, Thanks for sharing this.

We can try changing the rules in O365 Admin setting after checking your account.  Feel free to reach us on info@cloudify.biz  so that we can proceed accordingly. 

Many Thanks!

• Cody Pearson
    Cody Pearson Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi Jeffery,  

While It's hard to know exactly why you received this message without more specifics, you may considering using a third-party, email marketing services for any sort of "blast" or mass emailing. This would specifically help if you are in a country that has anti-spam laws, like the USA (CAN-SPAM Act  2003). Essentially, you have to give someone the option to "opt-out" (unsubscribe) to any email marketing. If your work email gets too many "spam" hits, you may find it difficult to have any emails reach your customers at all. 

We use the bulk email option on our Pipedrive account to send out pertinent information to specific accounts 10-30 tops, even then the information must have been requested. Anything that is not specific to a customer's account/plan we run through our email marketing service. This also allows more flexibility in creating marketing campaigns where multiple touch points are required, while protecting the reputation of your company domain

I think Pipedrive recently launched their own email marketing option, though I have not used it. If you are just starting out you may consider a free option Mail Chimp until you need something more robust. 

Hope this helps! 

• Janis Rozenblats
    Janis Rozenblats Posts: 169 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited June 2020 #7

Hi Jeffery,  

While It's hard to know exactly why you received this message without more specifics, you may considering using a third-party, email marketing services for any sort of "blast" or mass emailing. This would specifically help if you are in a country that has anti-spam laws, like the USA (CAN-SPAM Act  2003). Essentially, you have to give someone the option to "opt-out" (unsubscribe) to any email marketing. If your work email gets too many "spam" hits, you may find it difficult to have any emails reach your customers at all. 

We use the bulk email option on our Pipedrive account to send out pertinent information to specific accounts 10-30 tops, even then the information must have been requested. Anything that is not specific to a customer's account/plan we run through our email marketing service. This also allows more flexibility in creating marketing campaigns where multiple touch points are required, while protecting the reputation of your company domain

I think Pipedrive recently launched their own email marketing option, though I have not used it. If you are just starting out you may consider a free option Mail Chimp until you need something more robust. 

Hope this helps! 

Very true statement by Cody here.

• Jeffrey Dromeshauser
    Jeffrey Dromeshauser Member Posts: 19
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2020 #8

Thanks everyone for the info.  I am working on looking into the settings.  It seems as if Microsoft just added some "enhancements" that you cannot change that caused this to happen.  It simply might make sense to find another alternative for this type of thing.