Help creating automation to auto send email 3 days after deal is created

Options
Teresa Lombard
Teresa Lombard Member Posts: 6
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi! I'm new to pipedrive and need help setting an automation. We're schedule to launch a LI campaign on Monday. Once the the form is submitted via LI, I have the automation set to create a person and a deal. I need to create an automation to send an email, based on a template, three days after the deal is created. Can anyone help me with the workflow/automation?  Thanks, in advance!

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

If you're using Zapier, you can use an email provider like Mailchimp.

Set up an automation to send the 3 emails once a deal/person is created. 

• Teresa Lombard
    edited June 2020 #3
    Options

Thank you! I am using Zapier and have encountered an issue with hyperlinks in the email send through 365. I was hoping to keep it all automated in Pipedrive but that doesn't sound like an option. I appreciate your advice. Thank you, Amit!

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Pipedrive has indicated that date-based triggers for automations are in-development. Won't be this month, but it could be later in the summer (or later in the year).  I, for one, am really looking forward to this capability.

Separately, Pipedrive recently purchased an email-automation provider named Mailigen. You can try Mailigen as an alternative to Mailchimp. Today you will  still need Zapier to do some things.  I understand however that a great deal of work is being done to make the integrations between Pipedrive and Mailigen very robust; presumably Zapier will soon not be required for this purpose.

• Teresa Lombard
    edited June 2020 #5
    Options

Pipedrive has indicated that date-based triggers for automations are in-development. Won't be this month, but it could be later in the summer (or later in the year).  I, for one, am really looking forward to this capability.

Separately, Pipedrive recently purchased an email-automation provider named Mailigen. You can try Mailigen as an alternative to Mailchimp. Today you will  still need Zapier to do some things.  I understand however that a great deal of work is being done to make the integrations between Pipedrive and Mailigen very robust; presumably Zapier will soon not be required for this purpose.

Thank you, Joseph! That's very helpful to know that they are working on date-driven automation. I appreciate your thorough response.
    Teresa

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited June 2020 #6
    Options

In that case you can use the Delay step in Zapier and send emails from Zapier itself.

• Teresa Lombard
    edited June 2020 #7
    Options

Thank you, Amit!

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #8
    Options

Hi @Teresa Lombard !

I can confirm what @Joseph Valenti mentioned 🙂 We are indeed working on a "delayed actions" option for Automations, so stay tuned for news.

I would also suggest you try out our Mailigen features for email marketing, as it also has its own automations you can set up. Create a free account here and see what you think. Expect good news about this in the future too!

• Teresa Lombard
    edited June 2020 #9
    Options

Thank you, Ines! I will check out Mailgen. Looking forward to the delayed actions option!

• Praveen Kumar
    Praveen Kumar Member Posts: 24
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #10
    Options

Hey @Teresa Lombard

I'd suggest you use an sales engagement tool like Klenty. It has seamless integration with Pipedrive. You can create tasks like automated emails to reach your contacts on any day, once your deal gets created. 

Using triggers and Actions, you get to create advanced workflows that allows you to  automatically create a deal or add a remainder task or move to a deal to a next stage based on the email opens, clicks, replies, etc.

Best part about this is Klenty has native integration with Pipedrive. For you - this means you don't need to use Zapier . You can keep it all updated in Pipedrive via Klenty. 

Klenty also automatically syncs back email engagement metrics back to your CRM ,so you can avoid any manual work in this case.

You can read more about Klenty-Pipedrive Integration here.

Or if you'd like, there's a 14-day free trial that you can use to test it out yourself. Just create a free account here and we will take you forward.

Hope this helps you :D 

• Shobhit Gaur
    Shobhit Gaur Member Posts: 127
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Integration Partner
    edited June 2020 #11
    Options

Hey @Teresa Lombard , I see you have quite a few solutions to solve your problem. I will tell you how you can solve your problem in 4 steps, using Outplay.

1) Connect your Pipedrive account with Outplay (it's free for 14 days) -

https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/outplay/6d1d318eb8e17b9f

2) Sync your Pipedrive account with Outplay, so when a new person is created in your Pipedrive account, it automatically creates a new prospect in Outplay.

Outplay always keeps your people, deal and organisations data  updated.

3) Create a new email sequence in Outplay - ‘Tessa’s Sequence’, and send your template email after 3 days.

You can also personalise your template emails in Outplay to get more conversions

4) Create a trigger in Outplay, when a new prospect is created, it is automatically added to ‘Tessa’s Sequence’

You can modify this even more

Hope this answer saves your time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpKOsMSXGz0

• Mariano Rey
    Mariano Rey Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021 #12
    Options

Hi Joseph! Any news about this? Are "delayed actions" still part of the product roadmap?

This discussion has been closed.