Allow for detailed address editing in the organization view

Options
Marketing Globis
Marketing Globis Member Posts: 1

Currently, the address field in the organization view (page of an individual organization) is show as a single field (full address).  The only way to edit address detail fields is in list view, which is a major hassle in my opinion. 

Two possible solutions:

• Add the ability to add address detail views in the organization view (street, postal code, country, ...)
  • Or, allow for formatting in the address field that automatically splits the address parts (eg. when I type" road a; city b; country c") into the respective detail fields

I am aware that when selecting the address from the auto address finder drop-down box it does exactly the second thing, however when manually typing it does not.

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Marketing Globis , thank you for your feedback!

We understand how this can be cumbersome and have sent your suggestion internally to our team for consideration. We appreciate your detailed idea of how you'd like it to work.

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited May 2021 #3
    Options

We systematically put one version of the address in the "Google Maps" - enabled address bar. That address will however seldom capture the "suite number" or unit number, so we manually re-copy all the same information in separate fields (address 1 & 2, city, province, postal code). 

If there were a way to merely click-to-copy from one format to another, it'd be a time-saver even if the user still has to review/correct the information. 

The big challenge for Pipedrive is the variability in addressing standards/formats between countries. Even within Canada unit/office numbers are sometimes a prefix (4-40 Winges Rd, mostly used in the west of the country) and sometimes appear in a separate row (40 Winges Rd, Unit 4, mostly in the center/east of Canada). 

It's a tough problem! 

• Thread Solutions
    Thread Solutions Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @Marketing Globis , thank you for your feedback!

We understand how this can be cumbersome and have sent your suggestion internally to our team for consideration. We appreciate your detailed idea of how you'd like it to work.

Hi @Inês Batata, I am also dealing with this problem and I was wondering if the internal team had found a solution for it.