Required Fields now available for our Professional plan users

Options
Inês Batata
Inês Batata Posts: 2,066 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
edited July 2022 in What's New #1

Consistent sales data is a vital part of an effective sales process. With Required Fields, you can guarantee that the data your team enters into Pipedrive is complete and accurate. Ensure that contacts are created and deals move to the next pipeline stage only if they have the required information.

Learn more here.

Are you a Professional plan user but don't have access yet? Reach out to our Support team so it can be switched on for you. 🙂

5ef2279f6ba768082f107c3d_14401.png

Comments

• RP1
    RP1 Member Posts: 18
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Great to see this added, but really have to wonder why this is Professional plan only?  It's a basic function of most CRM platforms that are cheaper in some cases free..

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #3
    Options
    Michael said:

Great to see this added, but really have to wonder why this is Professional plan only?  It's a basic function of most CRM platforms that are cheaper in some cases free..

Hi @Michael , thank you for your feedback. 

Our research has shown us that mandatory fields tend to be used by larger teams, which in turn tend to be in the Professional plan because of its focus on collaborative tools. That being said, I've forwarded your suggestion internally for consideration.

• Vygantas Lasys
    Vygantas Lasys Member Posts: 14
    First Comment 5 Likes
    edited July 2020 #4
    Options

I agree with Michael. This technical problem almost always turns into a social problem and conflicts between people. Can you imagine the world without mandatory fields? :-)

• Paddy Orrell
    Paddy Orrell Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2020 #5
    Options
    Michael said:

Hi Ines, have to agree with Michael here. In my view Pipedrive is a tool to help scale growth. By not offering this you will see organisations transition away from Pipedrive. As they grow as their data will be a mess because of a lack of data validation from mandatory fields and you also introduce bad habits along the way.  The alternative is to employ additional people to deal with the range of issues caused by not having mandatory fields or not being able to lock deals at a certain stage - this also doesn't support growth. This is exactly the journey we are on, we have just started to address these issues 2 years after starting to use Pipedrive. I would recommend you offer this at all levels if you are interested in keeping customers long term - there are other features which will be "value-adding" but this, in my opinion is a basic need for a CRM tool as is locking entries based of validation. 

• Luis Miguel
    Luis Miguel Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2020 #6
    Options
    Michael said:

Hi @Inês Batata !

Congratulations on launching the required fields.

But I definitely have to agree with Michael, Paddy and Vygantas. Pipedrive is the only CRM system we have used that does not have mandatory fields and this generates numerous internal problems.

The Professional plan already has several other advantages over other plans. I believe that it is not the mandatory fields that will make someone upgrade, but it can be the difference between you attracting more customers and keeping the current ones.

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #7
    Options

Thank you  @Paddy Orrell , @Luis Miguel  and @Vygantas Lasys for your insights and detailed feedback about how this implicates with your usage and workflow - it's very relevant information for us!

I have made sure to forward your suggestions internally for consideration.

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #8
    Options

Hi Inês!

This feature is awesome.  Is there any way to remove required fields from the "Add Deal" view?  We want to use them in pipeline deal stages that come later in our process.  Also, the order/sequence of my pipeline stages in the settings for this feature does not match the actual pipeline.

Thank you!

• Inês Batata
    edited July 2020 #9
    Options

Hi Inês!

This feature is awesome.  Is there any way to remove required fields from the "Add Deal" view?  We want to use them in pipeline deal stages that come later in our process.  Also, the order/sequence of my pipeline stages in the settings for this feature does not match the actual pipeline.

Thank you!

HI @Christian Ayala , happy to hear you're enjoying this feature!

You can actually configure which particular stages of a pipeline (if any) you want those fields to be considered required - it doesn't have to be in all the stages exactly because of the reason you mentioned. See here how to configure that.

The order of the pipeline stages should be the same as you see in your actual pipeline, so if that issue is still happening please reach out to our Support team so they can help you troubleshoot and fix it.

• Christian Ayala
    edited July 2020 #10
    Options

Hi Inês!

Thank you!

Thank you, Inês!

• Produto_529
    Produto_529 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2022 #11
    Options

Why mandatory fields it´s available only for professional plans? This is basic feature!

• Inês Batata
    edited July 2020 #12
    Options
    Produto said:

Why mandatory fields it´s available only for professional plans? This is basic feature!

Hi @Produto , thank you for your feedback. 

Our research has shown us that mandatory fields tend to be used by larger teams, which in turn tend to be in the Professional plan because of its focus on collaborative tools. That being said, I've forwarded your suggestion internally for consideration.

• RP1
    RP1 Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2022 #13
    Options

Our research shows that fields set to Important are not completed by users.  Our research also shows that Required fields are a Free feature in SalesForce, SalesMate, FreshSales, Zoho CRM and others..

• Produto_529
    edited August 2020 #14
    Options
    Produto said:

Hi @Inês Batata

4 months ago I suggested mandatory fields: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/mandatory-fields-5e74b2d1f4a9cc322e4f274e

I´m feel very disapointed and frustrated when I see that my suggestion was applied, but not for me. Your research  about mandatory fields only for big teams it´s absolutely wrong. Small teams needs save all time that it´s possible, exactly because they are small.  

Honestly, with kind of thing, seems that Pipedrive looks only for money and not solve real problems. And I know that isn´t true.

Please, urgent reconsider this feature for all plans. Many people already told here, all CRMs have this how a free feature. 

• Inês Batata
    edited July 2020 #15
    Options
    Michael said:

Our research shows that fields set to Important are not completed by users.  Our research also shows that Required fields are a Free feature in SalesForce, SalesMate, FreshSales, Zoho CRM and others..

Hi @Michael , we appreciate your feedback.

We always try to distribute our features in the way the we think will benefit the broadest target audience that they make sense for and we understand that there can always still be cases when there's users left out, unfortunately. I am forwarding your feedback internally and can tell you that we take this into consideration when thinking of plans in the future.

• Luis Miguel
    Luis Miguel Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2020 #16
    Options
    Produto said:

I totally agree with the opinion of @Produto 

• Flávio Mayrink
    Flávio Mayrink Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #17
    Options

It really wasn't clear why it was only available in the PRO version.

I am using the evaluation period of the tool and this is a negative point when choosing whether to sign a plan or not.

• Alex Gero
    Alex Gero Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #18
    Options

Is there a way to only require a field if the deal is won? Right now I only see the option for a required field if a deal is won OR Lost. 

• Produto_529
    edited August 2020 #19
    Options
    Produto said:

Hi @Inês Batata did you have some reply about our suggestions for this feature be available for all plans? 

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #20
    Options
    Alex Gero said:

Is there a way to only require a field if the deal is won? Right now I only see the option for a required field if a deal is won OR Lost. 

@Alex Gero Required fields are applicable even when the deal is still open, not specifically when you try to close (win or lose) it.

So the short answer to your question is no. WHat you can do is set the field ro only become required when the deal reaches a certain stage of the pipeline, which in your case could be the last one before the deal gets closed. Learn more here.

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #21
    Options
    Produto said:

Hi @Produto . I sent your feedback and suggestion and it generated some discussion internally, but no decision has been made one way or the other at the moment. I'm afraid I can't promise anything concrete right now, but know that your opinion was heard. 

• Kelly Franznick
    Kelly Franznick Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #22
    Options

So happy to finally have this feature. Pipedrive was laughed at by members of my sales team when they learned you couldn't require a field. However, there is a big glitch in the way this was implemented that I'm surprised wasn't caught in some basic user testing. Fields, if required at any point, are required when a deal is closed and lost. This means any deal in your pipeline that qualify out early STILL requires those fields. We usually don't have any of these details because the deal never progressed to this point. This was be a very easy fix if you could just enable the unchecking of required fields when lost. 

• Kelly Franznick
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #23
    Options

So happy to finally have this feature. Pipedrive was laughed at by members of my sales team when they learned you couldn't require a field. However, there is a big glitch in the way this was implemented that I'm surprised wasn't caught in some basic user testing. Fields, if required at any point, are required when a deal is closed and lost. This means any deal in your pipeline that qualify out early STILL requires those fields. We usually don't have any of these details because the deal never progressed to this point. This was be a very easy fix if you could just enable the unchecking of required fields when lost. 

Dear Pipedrive Required Fields Product Manager - feel free to reach out to me to understand this use-case. This feature is so close to being great, but such a big miss as it was implemented.

• Peter Kananen
    Peter Kananen Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #24
    Options

I love the feature but agree that the fields being required when losing the deal defeats half of the purpose of having the functionality in the first place. The reason they are lost is the information couldn't be captured!

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #25
    Options

Hi @Kelly Franznick , thank you for your feedback and availability! 

I have good news for you: we have just added the ability to choose if these fields are still required when the deal is won or lost, check it out here. 🚀

@Peter Kananen I think this interests you too. 😉

• Kelly Franznick
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #26
    Options

@Inês Batata Thank you for the fix!

• Christian Ayala
    edited August 2020 #27
    Options

@Inês Batata Awesome!  Thank you for this.  Any word on making it so that we don't have to see all required fields on the Add Deal view if they are not required until a later stage?

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #28
    Options

@Christian Ayala We've gotten that feedback from some other users and made sure our team considers it for future developments. I can't promise anything but we've sent this feedback their way. 😉