GDPR - European customers only

Janus Askø Madsen
Janus Askø Madsen Member Posts: 25 VERIFIED MEMBER
Third Anniversary 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

Hi Pipedrive
Love your service - but I have one concern:
I work within the educational area in Denmark. We offer a product to schools. When I look at your list of sub processors handling my data I see several companies located outside EU - so my question is simple. Can you guarantee than none of my data what so ever leaves the EU? And if any data leaves the EU - can you specify which data?

To my customers it is crucial, that all customer data is GDPR-compliant (meaning no data leaves the EU.

Thanks in advance - love your service :-D

Answers

• Tony Xavier
    Tony Xavier Pipedrive Team Posts: 100 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    100 Comments 5 Answers 5 Likes Second Anniversary

Hello Janus,

We are so excited to hear that you enjoy using Pipedrive :)

To answer your question, we have a dedicated Trust Centre that has a detailed breakdown of all the security and privacy aspects, and I can share a basic summary of it here:

It’s important to note that while Pipedrive maintains data centres in Europe, we cannot guarantee that data will remain exclusively within the EU due to the following reasons:

• Pipedrive uses U.S.-based sub-processors to provide the service. Please note we have in place the latest Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) with our U.S.-based sub-processors (including Pipedrive, Inc.). Please note that, in some cases, the use of sub-processors and resulting data transfers will depend on your use of Pipedrive features. You can find the full list of sub-processors, the services they offer, the transfer mechanism, and their location here.
    • Additionally, Pipedrive has employees in different locations around the world (including in the U.S.). In an effort to provide 24/7 Support services, Pipedrive employs a distributed Support team that covers all time zones. So, when you get in touch with our Support, you may be placed in contact with a Support representative based in the U.S. To assist you, depending on the issue you have reported, they will access your data, and this can be considered data being transferred to the US.

Please note that the data will not be stored there.

We hope this helps!