Webinar Q&A: Perfect your LinkedIn sales cadence

Dina Osman
Dina Osman Pipedrive Team Posts: 96 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
Third Anniversary 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes
edited October 11 in What's New #1

Hello Pipedrivers! ☀️

Thank you for attending our Sales Cadence webinar with Surfe on September 18! You were super engaged and asked a lot of great questions. As promised, we've provided answers to all of them— check the comments below for more details.

If you missed the webinar, don’t worry! You can still catch the recording on YouTube ➡️ [here].

Looking forward to seeing you at our future webinars!

Comments

• Dina Osman

What tool is used to manage the cadences - is this manual in Pipedrive?
    Our clients use Automations for creating cadences when it's only connected with email and activities. Sending you an example. You need to be on the Advanced Plan to use this feature.

What app/tool do you recommend to support and facilitate cadences? Pipedrive? other?
    Try out our Automations for this. Make sure you are on the Advanced Plan or above.

What's the response rate for videos?
    When it comes to videos, I have a 50% to 60% engagement rate. Clients either respond or book a call with this approach. Vidyard also offers reporting/conversion information.

Should videos include your image or just your product image/application?
    You can create videos with just your face, but I like to add either Pipedrive in the background or the client's website (if it's a personalized approach).

Can you play that sample video for us?
    Of course! Here it is.

If you're sending videos through LinkedIn, does it have to be done in Sales Navigator or regular LinkedIn after the connection request is accepted?
    You can send the connection the link for them to review. However, I recommend connecting with them first, then sending the video as a message once you're already connected.

This may be an industry by industry question: I am in the construction industry. What level of sales come from outbound vs inbound leads?
    We have a group on our Community for Industry conversations; feel free to start this topic here.

Does Pipedrive have the ability to create cadences/sequences and use A/B testing with message templates? Currently I am using Salesloft separately without any integration to Pipedrive but would like to utilize PD more if possible.
    With Pipedrive you are able to send email cadences and create activities with Automations. However, if you need an omnichannel approach (messages, emails, LinkedIn, whatsapp, etc.) it's best to review our Marketplace and see which apps are best for this. The tools our clients normally use for this is Outfunnel or Zapier. I have heard great things about Salesloft too, but currently we don't have a native integration with them.

Does Pipedrive offer any cold call training resources?
    Check out our Pipedrive Learn and Knowledge Base articles. We also offer live trainings—escalate your request via our Support.

What do you do with cold calls post-pandemic when a lot of prospects don't have a direct line in an office (a lot of hot seats) and you don't have a mobile number for them?
    When you don't have a mobile phone, you can still call the landline and try to get through the gatekeeper or at least understand who could be the main point of contact for the specific reason you are calling for.

What tool do you use for cadences?
    Try out our Automations. You need to be on the Advanced Plan or above.

Can you send that graph in English?
    Yes, of course! Here it is.

Is support and training available in French?
    Our Knowledge Base articles are available in French. Currently we don't have videos in French, but we do offer services of a Customer Success Manager in French. Check with our support if you are able to get this, as it depends on your plan/subscription.

What do you use for outreach if you use Surfe for contacts and entering into CRM?
    Surfe is directly integrated with email cadence tools such as Outreach and Salesloft, but we are also developing our own cadence tool (coming end of Q4 2024 - Q1 2025).

Is your company available Denver CO time?
    Pipedrive offers 24/7 support—feel free to engage with the team via support@pipedrive.com.

What channels are normally used for cadences?
    It depends on your market and industry, but normally it's email, cold calling, LinkedIn, Whatsapp, etc.

What about using Lemlist with Pipedrive?
    We have a native integration with Lemlist, so feel free to connect it!

How would you set that up?
    Let us know what exactly you need to set up, and we'll assist you.

Time and learning curve with new technology?
    It can be different for every generation, so make sure you know your target.

Is the warm intro actually to arrange a meeting with someone from LinkedIn, or just to connect with them?
    The warm intro is normally focused on scheduling a meeting with them.

Can LinkedIn messages be automated in a sequence within Pipedrive?
    Currently, this isn't possible directly in Pipedrive, but marketplace apps like Outfunnel and Zapier can help automate it.

• Dina Osman

How do I schedule a phone call with someone at Pipedrive to help with several issues I am having with the system? I have yet to see a customer support phone number to call and actually talk to someone and get help or even an email for someone in customer support at Pipedrive.
    We have Support on Pipedrive 24/7. They will be able to help you with Phone Support if you are on the Power plan or above. If you are not in this plan you can still request a meeting with an onboarding team, or chat support. Hope your situation is solved soon!

There are good questions here.  Will the questions and answers be sent to us after the presentation?
    Yes! Here they are

Our  Pipedrive account is “Professional Bundle”, can we do the features described and to be described with "Professional Bundle" or do we need to upgrade to a higher bundle?
    Yes, you can create Automations with the Professional Plan.

I am having difficulty integrating Mailchimp with Pipedrive.
    Make sure to escalate this to our Support team , they will be able to help. If necessary, we have a team that focuses on integrations that can have a meeting with you.

How do I send someone to a custom URL when they book a call via Scheduler?
    I'm not sure I understand the question -- feel free to reach out to our Support to get further clarity.

Can Surfe help with personalization when importing from LinkedIn to Pipedrive?
    By providing you with additional data from LinkedIn to customise your outreach.

What about this message: "Hi NAME, you’ve popped up a couple of times as a suggested connection. Mind if we connect so we can keep the LinkedIn Gods Happy?

It is always better to mention the reason why you connect with someone, especially if you are planning an outreach to this contact. Example: "Hi NAME, I see you are also part of NAME OF GROUP and would love to connect. Are you also QUESTION RELATED TO GROUP SUBJECT"

Sending voice or video create a "link" in the email ... isn't it in conflict with anti-pishing policy of customers informatic system ?

Voice messages and videos are mainly recommended on LinkedIn. However, embedding Loom videos in the emails don't usually affect deliverability. I would definitely not advise to send voice messages via email though.

Automated voicemail?

It depends on the use cases.

I use Dripify, will it work with Surfe X

We do not have an integration and Pipedrive hasn't either, so it might be more tricky to make it work.

Do our teammates in our company need to open the 2-month free membership separately or can we benefit from these features by connecting to pipedrive with a single account?You can invite your teammates to the same account to test Surfe as a team, here the video showing you how:

Is it ok get someone's email from LinkedIn and cold email them? I'm here in the UKWe are not aware of regulations specific to the UK regarding cold emailing, but we would advise you to check local regulations.

Is Surfe just all about outbound?

Mainly outbound, but it depends on the use cases.

How can I transfer Leads from Linkedin easily? Surfe?

Surfe is a good way of easily exporting leads or list of leads with full contact information to Pipedrive. And you gave 2 month free trial to test it!

Is it ok get someone's email from LinkedIn and cold email them?

We are not aware of regulations specific regarding cold emailing, but we would advise you to check local regulations.

How do you feel about cold calling on a found cell ph # vs. direct work ph #?     Also, what about texting in the cadence?

Mobile numbers are always better. Landlines number will put in you in contact with gatekeepers. When missing the best contact, better to use the landline to get the point of contact, and then contact them directly.

Besides DIrect LinkedIn msg - when is best time to call the prospect directly on their personal cell # extract via surfe

It is important to mix channels (LinkedIn messages, emails, calls). Normally LinkedIn message and cold call are a good outreach for the first day.

Can you bulk add contacts from Linkedin through Surfe?  I currently do this thru ZoomInfo

You can via our integration with Sales Navigator (soon also without Sales Navigator)

mailto:support@pipedrive.commailto:support@pipedrive.com https://www.loom.com/share/db623d1f34f8414f9ff8a76b10e53c51?sid=10420e15-9800-4f54-8d1c-d0be56c2d352

• Dina Osman

How does Surfe compare to Clay?

Clay is mainly directed to Rev Ops team and it is quite complex to set up. Surfe is for sales teams, and very easy and intuitive to set up and use. 

How does Surf compare to Apollo?

Apollo has only one data base, while Surfe gives you access to 5+ databases without having to pay for separate subscriptions.

can you do a Sales Nav search and add everyone automatically?

You can bulk add contacts and enrich them.

Can you bulk add contacts through Surfe?

Yes, by using our integration with Sales Navigator.

at what volume of connection requests do you risk getting black/greylisted by linkedin?The risk of being blocked on LinkedIn is not in the number, but in the pace and the number of unaccepted. 

I would recommend another approach to automatic connection requests:

1. a steady pace of 15–20 per week

2. Only send to people who know you (know you from introductions and online engagement)  3. If it is a cold outreach (different from point 2) make sure to add a personalised note to your connection request.

A few words later on  GDPR compliance issues for Europe ?

Surfe is GDPR compliant. You can select the "GDPR compliant" feature to use only those enrichment tools that are GDPR compliant for our enrichment.

i have Sales Navigator but haven't yet figured out how to make the best out of it in conjunction with Pipedrive. it does replicate a number of functionalities so i would appreciate some guidance there

Surfe allows you to connect Pipedrive and Sales Navigator directly. Here a video: How to export contacts from LinkedIn Sales Navigator to Pipedrive - YouTube

We are Recruiters.  We use Linkedin Recruiter Lite not Navigator.  Do you have any thoughts' on how we may approach using Surfe PD and LI Recruiter?

We do not have a native integration with Recruiter Lite, but if we know more about your use cases we can see if what we do could help you. Please reach out to support@surfe.com

Can follow ups to a prospect be automated?

Yes, with sequencing tools.

Where are the Emails sourced from with Surfe? How can we ensure email accuracy?Emails are sourced from different data providers (Rocket Reach, Dropcontact, Hunter,..) and verified using Zerobounce.

Is Surfe an approved software tool by LinkedIn?

We are not in their official marketplace, but they are aware of us and we are in contact with their teams.

Does Surfe provide the number of followers of the LinkedIn profile?

You can get this data using Surfe integration with Sales Navigator.

I'm interested in finding out about Surfe - I have been using Pipedrive for 3 years, but DuxSoup is used to drive activity from LinkedIn to Pipedrive - I am interested in what Surfe does and if it's better for my needs!

DuxSoup is mainly an automation tool, quite different from Surfe. For more inquiries or book a demo, please reach out to support@surfe.com

Does or will Pipedrive/Surfe connect with Whatsapp for sequences and contacts

On Pipedrive we have a great marketplace tool for this. Make sure to test TimelisnesAI.

Will Surfe consolidate multiple contacts into the same Lead in Pipedrive? With one click on Linkedin per contact.

Unfortunately this is not yet possible.