Your feedback is needed to bring our AI assistant chat to the next level πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”¬πŸ’¬

Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,065 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 5 Answers
edited October 1 in Research and Beta Testing #1

Hi Pipedriver,

We're working on developing an AI assistant that you can chat with and ask help from in your day to day sales job and in relation to your sales data.

We're curious to learn what kind of knowledge you would like the assistant to have (and not have), what help you'd like from the chat and how you want the chat to be able to answer you.

➑️ Please take 5-10min to fill in this survey ⬅️

So we can continue to build an AI assistant that truly works for you.

Thank you in advance and happy to answer any questions here in the comments as well.
Have a great rest of the week!

Comments

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 208 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 5 Answers

This AI is getting out of control and bloating the software. A huge percentage of most company sales is hands on and personal. Not everything is a webhosting type of business.

My only concern is that it's taking away resources for the actual core product and I hope whatever is added AI wise can easily be disabled.

I'm currently getting random mobile app notifications now that are completely useless to me.

Sorry I know not the feedback you were looking for. :)

• Mike van der Valk

Still useful feedback Josh, thanks for sharing!

Our goal is not to "replace" the personal part of sales with AI, but to help save our customers time and making them more productive by automating repetitive tasks and helping with that. So that the leftover time can be put in the personal side of sales.

But to help with your concern, we're keeping the investment in Pipedrive very balanced and we keep focusing on the core product with most of our resources.

• Jonathan Gennick
    Jonathan Gennick Member Posts: 76 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

I filled out the survey. I don't think you are going after use cases where AI can truly be helpful. Most of the use cases in the survey I think are already covered by existing reports and other features. For example, isn't there already a report to tell me how much time deals spend in each stage? So what do I need an AI for to answer that question? It's easier to just go to the report and look.

LLM technology holds promise in my view for searching. I did recount a search experience in my survey comments where I believe an LLM might have been able to produce what I was looking for, whereas the current search functionality failed.

An LLM also might be useful in doing sentiment analysis It might be interesting to have sentiment analysis performed on emails from prospect, or on the notes on a deal, or on some combination. I use the project management feature set. Could an LLM and some sentiment analysis give me a heads-up on projects where the customers were beginning to become unhappy and/or discouraged?

I'll have to try and think about repetitive tasks that I perform and whether there is some way that AI technology might be used to solve them. There are some tasks that come to mind, but they are highly-specific to how I operate and I don't know that there are generalizable solutions.

• Mike van der Valk

Very useful thoughts @Jonathan Gennick, thank you for sharing! This survey is just focussed on one potential application of the AI. You are right certain reports do exist, others are hard to setup, AI could then potentially help with quick data insights.

In case more ideas from your side come up let me know. And good news, sentiment analysis is something we're experimenting with πŸš€