Question: Can we keep deals in pipeline even when they got marked as 'won'?

Options
Ted Youn
Ted Youn Member Posts: 116
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi, this is an interesting question from my client.

Can we keep deals in pipeline even when they got marked as 'won'?

According to the Help Center article,  Pipedrive automatically hides all the deals won or lost.

Any deal that has been marked as Won or Lost is removed from that view, as it no longer requires your continued attention.

But sometimes, these deals need additional attention; for example, my client runs on-site workshops and he has to take care of all the problems that can happen during this events even after the contract is signed. And he'd like to write all these information as 'Note' in the Pipedrive deal pages.

I suggested the client to add more stages in the pipeline; for example, add a new stage after the  'Negotiation' to hold all the deals whose contracts are signed. At the very last step, he can mark a deal as Won after he take care of all these actions in this new stage.

But this suggestion doesn't sound good to him because he cannot forecast revenue with this suggestion. For example, Sales Performance section of the Report is all about Won Deals, as explained in this Help Center article.

Can anyone come up with an idea to satisfy these two conflicting goals?

Answers

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

You can use the filter 'All won deals' in the pipeline view.

Or create a new filter with Deal Status = Open OR Won.

• Ted Youn
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Thanks, Amit. I just realized the true power of filters thanks to you.

For those who may not be familiar with filters, I made a short video clip about making a filter to show every deals that are either open or won. Although all the captions are in Korean, I believe you can easily see what I'm doing.
    https://cdn.hashsn.app/ted/video/pipedrive/pipedrive-filter.mp4

pipedrive-filter.mp4
    edited August 2021 #4
    Options
    Ted Youn said:

Thanks, Amit. I just realized the true power of filters thanks to you.

For those who may not be familiar with filters, I made a short video clip about making a filter to show every deals that are either open or won. Although all the captions are in Korean, I believe you can easily see what I'm doing.
    https://cdn.hashsn.app/ted/video/pipedrive/pipedrive-filter.mp4

You're welcome.

Happy to have been of help! :)

• Chris Reynolds
    Chris Reynolds Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

Do you have that Video in English ? I have the same scenario

• Ted Youn
    edited September 2020 #6
    Options

Do you have that Video in English ? I have the same scenario

@Chris Reynolds I'm afraid I only have a Korean version.

• Wesley_49026
    Wesley_49026 Member Posts: 25
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

Hi Ted, I am struggling with the same. In my case, I would like to have an intake and an evaluation on the deal won. So 'winning' the deal means the deal must be halfway though the pipeline. Taking your lessons, do you have a suggestion how to work with this need? Thanks!

• Ted Youn
    edited August 2021 #8
    Options
    Wesley said:

Hi Ted, I am struggling with the same. In my case, I would like to have an intake and an evaluation on the deal won. So 'winning' the deal means the deal must be halfway though the pipeline. Taking your lessons, do you have a suggestion how to work with this need? Thanks!

Hi, @Wesley Thomas
    I advised my client to make a new filter to browse all the deals of interest; for example.

• the deals are won or open
    • the deals are on a specific pipeline
    • the deals contain a specific label or custom fields

It seems that my clients are happy with this suggestion. Hope this helps!

• Wesley_49026
    Wesley_49026 Member Posts: 25
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2021 #9
    Options
    Wesley said:

Hi Ted, thanks for replying so fast. I think that's the way to work around, however, it's sad that you can't keep deals in the pipeline after they've won. Will work with this, thanks!

edited August 2021 #10
    Options
    Wesley said:

You can. You just have to update the definitions of existing filters, or create new filters. :)

• SPS
    SPS Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

When a deal is marked as WON it will be closed automatically

that is not suitable

how can a deal be marked as Won and stay Open so it can be moved to the next pipeline?

I don't want to use projects, it seems overly complex for what we need

• Caring
    Caring Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I'm working to solve the same thing. I'm considering creating an 'active client' pipeline, that also allows for segmentation for my user experience team. I drafted an automation, so that when a deal is won in the sales pipeline, it automatically can be added into the active client pipeline. Any thoughts on the pros/cons of this strategy? I haven't tested the automation yet.

• Jasgent
    Jasgent Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited October 2023 #13
    Options

my 2 cents

Create a new pipeline then an automation for a won deal to create a duplicate deal in a the new PIPELINe.. then create that new pipeline for your post sale needs. Or just create a duplicate deal manually as the customer replies and then reply in the new deal with the new SMART BCC, so the communicates stick in the new deal

This way you can track your wins, yet at the time time, maintain perfect continuation with a WON deal and ongoing maintenance. The only problem is only the contact information transfers, but you can always just simply transfer the URL into the new deal if you have to refer back to it, if needed.