Flagging/Labeling of emails

Options
Bernd Auer
Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

It would be great if you could flag or label emails.

If you communicate a lot with your customer, it is really hard to find the important information in the deal history, especially if you search in deals from colleagues. I can find my own mail in GMail, but if I don't have access to the mailbox, it's almost impossible to find the right information. With a label or a flag you could mark the important mails and in a perfect world you could filter them.

As a workaround you could of course put the important passages as a note, but the other way would be better.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options

Thanks for sharing @Bernd Auer 😊the team has received your feedback and will take a look!

• Kevin Carney
    Kevin Carney Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #3
    Options

Thanks for sharing @Bernd Auer 😊the team has received your feedback and will take a look!

Is this feature available?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #4
    Options

Unfortunately not @Kevin Carney it's on the backlog of ideas but hasn't been prioritised at this moment in time.

• Riccardo_39897
    Riccardo_39897 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #5
    Options

I am not sure if @Bernd Auer was talking about gmail labels or any other labelling system within Pipedrive, however my concern is specifically about the labels I used to create in Gmail.

Is there any way to assign/create a given gmail label in Pipedrive and synchronize with Gmail account?

• Quentin Clément de Colombières
    edited October 2021 #6
    Options

Totally agree with Bernd. Being able to flag and filter important emails would be great

• Bradley Spurr
    Bradley Spurr Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited January 2022 #7
    Options

+1

I have two use cases for this: 

1) Tagging key emails, as mentioned; but also, 

2) Segregating conversations within a deal. Deals consist of external conversations with the prospect but also internal conversations with partners and collaborators. Tagging and filtering threads would be helpful.

• Lucie Gutfreund
    Lucie Gutfreund Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #8
    Options

Mike when will this be looked into? It's been two years since flagged above and it would be appreciated if a useful feature could be brought forward. Thank you

• James Harper
    James Harper Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

Amen. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2022 #10
    Options

@Lucie Gutfreund and @James Harper I'm very sorry but after checking in with the team they shared this is on the backlog still and there are currently technical works planned to make sure the sync itself performs better. After that we can think again on improving the functionality. I've made sure this one will be considered for sure but can't promise anything on timelines unfortunately :( 

• David Smart
    David Smart Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #11
    Options

I also think this is a big area for improvement. I simply need to be able to flag an email to revisit in the future without either a) creating a separate activity called 'follow up on email' or b) leaving pipedrive to flag the email in gmail / outlook.  

• Craig Harris
    Craig Harris Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

I too feel constrained by this lack of functionality to flag emails . I am keen to use Pipedrive emails as my only email provider and work from the interface, but I find not being able to flag emails and get back to items I have read but cant action immediately a big problem. It means I have to run another email which is the opposite of a good workflow. Hello @Mike van der Valk - it has been another year since the last discussion of this. Is there any progress? @Bernd Auer www.pd-experts.com @David Smart @James Harper @Quentin Clément de Colombières @Bradley Spurr @Riccardo_39897 @Lucie Gutfreund

Also the new message appearing at he bottom of the email thread is a pain as you read from the top. Lots of scrolling required.

• Chandra_Studiothink
    Options

I'm in agreement with others here, the flagging of emails is basic email functionality and needs to be added to Pipedrive ASAP. I too will be flip flopping from Gmail to Pipedrive due to this and not sure how long I bother doing that before going back to Gmail alone. How do you escalate core product development functionality like this?

• Craig Harris
    Craig Harris Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

The Thunderbird email platform allows you to flag emails in multiple colour choices. I know some of our team use Thunderbird for that reason - which is a step up on Gmail and Outlook which only allow you to flag in one colour as far as I know. If adding the ability to flag emails, perhaps include the option to flag in different colours as well. Our team members use different colours for quotes to be actioned, amendments to projects, general interest emails for reading etc.

While we are at it on email - the fact that every email saved from all team members party to a deal goes into the deal means there is a lot of duplication of emails. In addition the full thread is saved every time an email is saved. You end up with a lot of of repeated data so tracking through email threads is overwhelming. The system is not very sophisticated and simplification would be appreciated. Thank you!