Beta Test - Commenting on Notes

Vincent Jyrwa
Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 227 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

UPDATE: This feature is now enabled for all customers of Pipedrive. So we're closing the beta-test. Do leave feedback in the comments! :) 

Hello all! 

This is a follow-up to the earlier post  I made about @mentioning on Notes. We are pleased to announce Commenting on Notes

Please fill the form with your registered email address on Pipedrive and the name of the Pipedrive account  (form removed) and we will enable the feature for your company's account so that all your users have this feature.  

NOTE: If you have filled up the form earlier, then we have already enabled Comments for your account!  

What can you do?
- You can @mention your team mates (users in the same Pipedrive account) in Notes (deal, person, organization notes) and they will receive an email notification about that @mention.
- You respond to Notes or have conversations on Notes by commenting on them.

What is not available in the beta-test but is being developed at the moment:
- In-app notifications through the Sales Assistant
- @mentions/comments on Pipedrive mobile app

Please note:
1. This feature is still in beta and you may encounter bugs. I’d request you to leave your feedback and report any bugs in the Community thread.
2. After you have submitted this form, it will take us a few hours to enable the beta feature (depending on timezones).

57074_Screen_Capture_on_2020-06-17_at_13-21-05.gif

Comments

• Mario Zijlstra
    Mario Zijlstra Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #2

Looks very handy. seems a bit like slack.

• Isabel_4495
    Isabel_4495 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #3

Hola! Me parece una innovación necesaria y muy útil. Estoy intentando etiquetar a mis compañeros pero no les llega notificación, no se si podeis ayudarme. 
    Muchas gracias

• Paul Keck
    Paul Keck Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited July 2020 #4

This has been missing for a long time, and is working great for our small team of two!

• Support_1862
    Support_1862 Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

Also would be helpful to add mentions on the activity notes. 

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited July 2020 #6
    Support said:

Hi  @Support , it is in the plans for the future :) Could you help me understand why would you find it helpful in activity notes? If you can cite with some examples, that would be really helpful for us. Thank you! 

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited July 2020 #7
    Isabel said:

Hola! Me parece una innovación necesaria y muy útil. Estoy intentando etiquetar a mis compañeros pero no les llega notificación, no se si podeis ayudarme. 
    Muchas gracias

Hi @Isabel  Currently tagging/comment notifications are only available via email but we're working on building in-app notifications (inside Pipedrive). Hopefully, it will be available soon. 

Since this is only the beta-testing phase, we wanted our Community members to experience @mentioning and Commenting on Notes. 

In case you are not receiving any email notifications as well, then please let me know in that case. 

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2020 #8
    Support said:

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa ,

we would also love this in the activity notes. When it comes to calls the sales representatives could log call attempts or intermediate steps when the activity is not fully completed:

Currently we are logging all status updates in the notes but when the user does not enter the date or username it is not clear who and when the status update was entered.

• Support_1862
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #9
    Support said:

We do have the same scenario, but we have created intermediary activities to deal with it.
    Also makes use of the labels to identify the stages. Also can use a custom field so that we can update the Follow-up calls. Changes can be checked through changelog if necessary.  

With having the @mentions you would be able to do it then and there in the notes.

• Support_1862
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #10
    Support said:

@Vincent Jyrwa Hi Vincent,

Having the option to do mentions on activities will push a live notification so that the sales team can get into it as soon as they can. We don't need to wait until the scheduled activity date to do the needful.

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited July 2020 #11
    Support said:

Thank you @Martin Eckardt  and @Support  for your replies. I've made note of your comments. 

@Support I'd like to dig a bit further to understand your use case if you don't mind. May I ask your role in the company? What is the process for creating activities for the sales team? Who creates it for the sales team? What type of activities are these that require them being notified by @mentions. I'd like to understand the process :)  If you'd like to answer these questions privately, you can reach out to me at vincent@pipedrive.com

• Dez
    Dez Member Posts: 27
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2022 #12

Hi 

How do I enable some to received the notification?

or why are some able to and some not?

Please kindly advise 

Thank you 

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited July 2020 #13

Hi 

Please kindly advise 

Thank you 

Hi @Desiree  The reason why that message is shown on that user is because that user doesn't have visibility/access on that deal. So if the user doesn't have visibility then s/he will be able to see the note where you are tagging him/her. 

As an admin, you can change visibility settings there by going to Settings -> Manage Users -> Visibility Groups. 

Or you can make that user a follower of the deal by going to that Deal and make the person a follower. The option is available on the left side panel. 

Hope that helps. 

Regards, 

Vincent

• Dez
    edited July 2020 #14

Hi 

Please kindly advise 

Thank you 

Thank you Vincent.

for all users it is visibility is entire company is already set as shown

What i notice is that only admins can get notifications, regular users are not able too

If to add followers then, we need to manually add followers to all our deal entries?

I did try this(Add followers), it did not seem to work 

As everyone should be able to be able to be tagged

Please advise 

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited July 2020 #15

Hi 

Please kindly advise 

Thank you 

@Desiree  If the visibility setting is set to "entire company" for deals, orgs and persons...then regular users should be able to be tagged in notes and comments and they will also receive email notifications when tagged. Please note, in-app notifications are not available yet and this is something we are building and will be available soon. 

We will look into your case and if required will reach out to you via email in case we need you to re-test this case. 

What would greatly help us is if you can share a screencast video of the problem you're encountering. Please send it to vincent@pipedrive.com. 

• ilter pak
    ilter pak Member Posts: 13
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #16

I think it is important that the comments are searchable. 

I found it very successful so far. adding comments to objects such as e-mail, activity, files can be great.

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited July 2020 #17
    ilter pak said:

I found it very successful so far. adding comments to objects such as e-mail, activity, files can be great.

Thanks for the feedback @ilter pak . Why would you want comments to be searchable? I would like to understand your use case better :) 

• Dez
    edited July 2020 #18

Hi 

Please kindly advise 

Thank you 

Thank you 

I will send you an email shortly 

Much appreciated 

• Isam Cuadra
    Isam Cuadra Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #19

Query, can Pipedrive be connected with software for example Microsoft  Axapta or SAP?

• ilter pak
    ilter pak Member Posts: 13
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 2020 #20
    ilter pak said:

Uses microsoft teams within the company. We use slack with some of our customers. 

Common features; Fast communication, easy communication, quick access to information and searchable

There is very important information in the comments. The note is improving with comments. 

Finding this important information takes time. Important to be searchable

• Georgia Harmon
    Georgia Harmon Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #21

Hi, we have been using comments, however often we are getting an icon popping up next to the person (@eamon tracey - as image below) saying "this user does not have perrmission to view and will not be notified" They also do not get the notificatiion. Can you please assist?

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited August 2020 #22

Hi, we have been using comments, however often we are getting an icon popping up next to the person (@eamon tracey - as image below) saying "this user does not have perrmission to view and will not be notified" They also do not get the notificatiion. Can you please assist?

Hi @Georgia  This user probably doesn't have access to the deal you are trying to tag him in. You can check the visibility settings of your deal at the top right corner of the deal page. You can set it to "Entire company" or ensure that the user is a follower. See the screenshot below: 

If you'd like to set a more  global setting, then you can modify the visibility setting group by going to Settings > Company > Manage Users > Visibility Groups 

If the user has permission to see the deal, then s/he will be notified about it. 

Hope that helps. 

Regards, 

Vincent

• Georgia Harmon
    Georgia Harmon Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #23

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa , actually this user was the Owner of the deal. This has also happened to myself when a college has tried to tag myself (admin) to a comment in a deal and it would not let me get the notification.

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited August 2020 #24

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa , actually this user was the Owner of the deal. This has also happened to myself when a college has tried to tag myself (admin) to a comment in a deal and it would not let me get the notification.

That sounds like a bug. @Georgia 

Can you please email me your company account name and the name of the user who you are tagging (and is also the owner)? Please send the details to vincent@pipedrive.com

• BaptisteBLC
    BaptisteBLC Member Posts: 247
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #25

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa 

is it possible to have an access of this ?

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited August 2020 #26
    Baptiste said:

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa 

is it possible to have an access of this ?

Hi @Baptiste It's already enabled for your account. Please refresh your account (the account name that you submitted in the form) and try @-ing in a note :) 

If you're having some issues, please write to me - vincent@pipedrive.com

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited August 2020 #27

Query, can Pipedrive be connected with software for example Microsoft  Axapta or SAP?

Hi @Isam Cuadra Sorry for the late reply. Have you tried exploring this option via Zapier? This post here is primarily for users who want to collaborate with other Pipedrive users using tagging functionality in notes and comments. 

• Alexandre Assous
    Alexandre Assous Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #28

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa 

is it possible to have an access too ?

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited September 2020 #29

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa 

Hi @Alexandre Assous I've enabled it for your company. In-app notifications will be enabled tomorrow though. But you can very well use the mentioning and commenting feature on notes! :) 

Let me know what you think! 

• Alexandre Assous
    Alexandre Assous Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited September 2020 #30

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa 

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa it's working perfectly ! Thank you very much :)

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited September 2020 #31

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa 

That's great to hear!