How do you manage lead phone numbers of various type (like mobile, work, home)?

Martin Leblanc_6868
Martin Leblanc_6868 Member Posts: 10
First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

How do you manage lead phone numbers of various type like mobile, work, home using only one input field? 

It looks like a lead has only one work phone number. 

Where do you keep the information about other phone number? 

What happen with a lead having a mobile phone number during "deal conversion"? It looks like it will become a work phone number. Then you loose the information about the phone number type (mobile) and the opportunity to know that you can SMS the person to follow up. 

Answers

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2020 #2

Hi @Martin Eckardt , thank you for your feedback!

With Leads being still in the beta stage, indeed at the moment it's a limitation that only one phone number can be listed, but the type (Work, Mobile, Home, Other) should be retained when the lead is converted to a deal. If this is not happening in your account, please reach out to Support so they can help you troubleshoot.

For the time being, the imperfect solution would be to list the remaining phone numbers as a note in the lead and then manually transfer them to the proper field when you convert the lead.

I can tell you we are working on making the Leads inbox better, more flexible and more similar to the user experience you get in the rest of Pipedrive, so I believe this will be coming down the way and I've made sure to send your feedback to our team for their consideration.

• Martin Leblanc_6868
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Inês Batata 

Setting the phone type when manually saving a single prospect make sense. Now, how to you deal with lead import source file where a lead might have a work phone and/or a mobile phone and/or a home phone and this of course being different for every contacts at the time of importing this data when only ONE phone field is available? 

• Inês Batata
    edited July 2020 #4

Hi @Inês Batata 

Setting the phone type when manually saving a single prospect make sense. Now, how to you deal with lead import source file where a lead might have a work phone and/or a mobile phone and/or a home phone and this of course being different for every contacts at the time of importing this data when only ONE phone field is available? 

Hi @Martin Leblanc !

I see what you mean. Unfortunately this is an issue with our imports regarding phone numbers even outside Leads. I've taken the chance to reinforce this with the team internally.

• Martin Leblanc_6868
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #5

Hi @Inês Batata 

Hi @Inês Batata

The Import have opportunities for improvement and you might talking  about something else than what I actually mean. In other words, the leads import for phone number should at least offer the same possibilities than the ones for contacts meaning that 3 phone numbers (Work, mobile, home) could be imported for each lead.

• Inês Batata
    edited July 2020 #6

Hi @Inês Batata 

@Martin Leblanc When adding phone numbers manually those same options are available for Leads too. It's when importing that data with a spreadsheet that mapping the different types of phone numbers is more complicated and we are aware of that shortcoming.