Number of days avg in a particular stage

Paul McKenna
Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi All,

I am looking to monitor the deal velocity of one stage in one pipeline for our reactive maintenance team. The team have a KPI for responding to client quotation requests within 5 days. I have been playing with insights & reports and can generate reports for deals that progress to a closed status (won/lost). But that is not the detail I want. 

The simple parameters are:

• Date deal entered/moved into stage "Quote WIP"
  • Date deal moved into stage "Quote submitted" or status Won/lost
  • Output: Avg time spent in that stage

Is this possible? I feel like it is, but can't seem to generate the succinct report I need.

The measure of our performance to our clients is in the responsiveness of the team to react in a timely manner, so this is vital.

Comments

• Tomi Suomela
    Tomi Suomela Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

Hey Paul,

Considering the Average time per stage, Pipedrive offers a report template for that. Just go:
    Insights > Add new report > Deal > Duration.
    See the image below for an example of our sales cycle report.
    Just make sure you filter the deal status to be either "Won", "Lost", or "Open" so you include all deals.

Now, if you want an excel-file with all deals for some hardcore number-crunching, that's a bit more tricky. 

Pipedrive saves that data on the exact dates on which deals have moved to a specific stages , but I couldn't find a way to access it directly. 

However, I'm using an external platform (Plecto) to visualise our sales progress and there I can find the data for each individual stage. See the second image for an example.

Example of date moved to "Meeting arranged" stage

This might not be a solution for you, but I would make sense that you could access this data directly. I suggest you ask Pipedrive chat, they have helped me on many occasions.

Did this offer any help? :-)

• Christopher Daly
    Christopher Daly Member Posts: 23
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Aside from the average time spent in stage you might look at the type of ACTIVITIES and how much time they take.  I am working with a client who has a guy who REFUSES to use quotes.  Every single thing he does is a custom proposal that takes him 2-3 days to get out the door.  His loss rate is the highest loss rate in the business.  He's slow and unresponsive.  Certain activities like a high volume of emails, or lengthy phone calls can also indicate more is being done than just working.  Sales velocity is a solid metric, understanding the ROOT drivers of velocity and in particular the activities of individuals relative to their own velocity score will give great insight into sales coaching and employee development as well as business process refinement.

• Paul McKenna
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #4

Hey Paul,

Considering the Average time per stage, Pipedrive offers a report template for that. Just go:
    Insights > Add new report > Deal > Duration.
    See the image below for an example of our sales cycle report.
    Just make sure you filter the deal status to be either "Won", "Lost", or "Open" so you include all deals.

Now, if you want an excel-file with all deals for some hardcore number-crunching, that's a bit more tricky. 

Pipedrive saves that data on the exact dates on which deals have moved to a specific stages , but I couldn't find a way to access it directly. 

However, I'm using an external platform (Plecto) to visualise our sales progress and there I can find the data for each individual stage. See the second image for an example.

Example of date moved to "Meeting arranged" stage

This might not be a solution for you, but I would make sense that you could access this data directly. I suggest you ask Pipedrive chat, they have helped me on many occasions.

Did this offer any help? :-)

That is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you, when I tried to create that previously I did not either notice or see the "duration" option. 

Case closed.

• Paul McKenna
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #5

Aside from the average time spent in stage you might look at the type of ACTIVITIES and how much time they take.  I am working with a client who has a guy who REFUSES to use quotes.  Every single thing he does is a custom proposal that takes him 2-3 days to get out the door.  His loss rate is the highest loss rate in the business.  He's slow and unresponsive.  Certain activities like a high volume of emails, or lengthy phone calls can also indicate more is being done than just working.  Sales velocity is a solid metric, understanding the ROOT drivers of velocity and in particular the activities of individuals relative to their own velocity score will give great insight into sales coaching and employee development as well as business process refinement.

Thanks Christopher, you've hit the nail on the head there. However in this instance, it is the model we are trying to prove rather than the performance of an individual- we're probably about 3 months away from having usable data from this exercise.

• Christopher Daly
    Christopher Daly Member Posts: 23
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #6

Awesome!  Every model is the sum of all parts - looking at individual velocity will be a great tool for you to coach and mentor your team.  I hope you share the results with Pipedrive Community - would love to see what you come up with!