How should the ideal integration with Whatsapp work for you?

Kyrylo Taranenko_7583
Kyrylo Taranenko_7583 Member Posts: 10
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hi people!

I am Kyrylo from the TimelinesAI team. We have created a tool that enables teams to collaborate on the communication with clients from Whatsapp.

We’ve figured out that often our users would share the links from our tool into their CRM to make it accessible by the rest of the team. So we're considering a direct integration with tools like Pipedrive.

But first, I would love to hear your opinion on how it should work to be the most useful for you. If you would love to see the new Pipedrive integration with Whatsapp, please tell:

What problem would such integration help you to solve?

How would you use it?

I would appreciate hearing from you!

In case you are interested to learn more about the project we’ve been working on,
visit https://timelines.ai, or write to me at kyrylo@timelines.ai.

UPDATE #2: Thank you all for your interest and replies! 

The integration of Whatsapp to PipeDrive is ready. It works via webhooks, so you may set up all kinds of automations you like. For example, we prefer to save Whatsapp messages as Activities, because it enables us to make such messages actionable.

You can also export your contacts and tags into TimelinesAI  to send them replies on Whatsapp.

Update #3: Automatic Whatsapp PipeDrive integration is now live on PipeDrive marketplace (try it for free). Read more in the post below.

605dd70d7573ca41590416d6_18184.png

Comments

• Ab holding
    Ab holding Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020 #2

Hi need intgretion

fo whatsup 

• Pedro Sebastian de Erice
    Pedro Sebastian de Erice Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #3

Never use Whatsapp for client communications.  Never.  its unsafe,  unclear and you depend on a third party with no concept of data confidentiality. 

• Volkmar
    Volkmar Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2020 #4

We communicate a lot via WhatApp, much more than eMail. Not instead of email, but at least as important. WhatsApp allows us to see immediate reactions, finetune appointments, contract etc. very fast and in a collaborative manner. I would be very happy and impressed if such an integration would work.

• Artashes Arakelian
    Artashes Arakelian Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020 #5

Well, we use to contact to our customers via watts app and viber so it' s gonna be better to see an entegrated tool we can use to simplify and accelerate information exchange.

• Neil Johnstone
    Neil Johnstone Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #6

Could WhatsApp integration Auto - populate PipeDrive contact info? ...if so, be very helpful...if you still have to manually enter contacts, then useless...

I am probably missing something, but not aware of a mass -import function of CRM contacts into WhatsApp

Data Confidentiality is Certainly a concern using WhatsApp...howevre it is an effective way to communicate with clients

• Ron van Dooren
    Ron van Dooren Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2020 #7

Never use Whatsapp for client communications.  Never.  its unsafe,  unclear and you depend on a third party with no concept of data confidentiality. 

If I understand you correctly you only rely on real life 1:1 meetings? Email, phone, snail mail, social media, chat, websites, video conferences etc are all third party services...

• Tim Cuthbertson
    Tim Cuthbertson Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020 #8

Could WhatsApp integration Auto - populate PipeDrive contact info? ...if so, be very helpful...if you still have to manually enter contacts, then useless...

I am probably missing something, but not aware of a mass -import function of CRM contacts into WhatsApp

Data Confidentiality is Certainly a concern using WhatsApp...howevre it is an effective way to communicate with clients

Use the import function, Try and prepare your source to match the destination fields, makes it easier. Go carefully and do some small batch tests, so you are sure you are getting what you want. What is good is if you don't like the results, you have a period to revert the import.

• Tim Cuthbertson
    Tim Cuthbertson Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020 #9

My issue with many of these communication platforms, is I have a mix of business and personal contacts and threads. I would want granular control so only the business related contacts are associated. If it is blanket all or nothing then it will be nothing. 

• Michiel Van Hove_6182
    Michiel Van Hove_6182 Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2020 #10

Would be very usefull to integrate Whatsapp with Pipedrive to send out messaging campaigns in an automated way

Link Whatsapp for business account to Pipedrive on account level and send out/log messages

Also incoming messages from that contact should be pushed back into Pipedrive (added to a contact and/or deal)

• Michelle Carter
    Michelle Carter Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020 #11

The only thing missing from the pipechat integration is the ability to create new contacts and maybe deals from group chats. Currently you can only do it from one on one chats.

• Oscar Henriquez
    Oscar Henriquez Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020 #12

Great idea! I use Whatsapp on a daily basis, mostly when direct calls do not work. For me, the integration should work at least as the same as email. For example, log any message directly to my client's history in Pipedrive. Also I would expect it to  work exactly as any activity, that is, force me to add notes and define a next step.

• Juan Manuel Garrido
    Juan Manuel Garrido Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020 #13

Following!

• Priscilla Siqueira
    Priscilla Siqueira Member Posts: 12
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #14

@Kyrylo Taranenko gostaria de entender melhor a respeito da solução. Atualmente, utilizo Pipechat para integrar as conversas de Whatsapp ao Pipedrive. Com ele, as conversas entram no cadastro das pessoas, como uma anotação de observação. Porém, temos diversas linhas de telefone, uma para cada setor da empresa, e gostaria de centralizar o canal Whatsapp em um número único. Dessa forma, é necessário uma ferramenta capaz de direcionar as conversas aos diversos usuários, sem que o cliente perceba ou precise sair daquela conversa. Para isso, a integração com o Pipedive é fundamental.

• Marcus Waring
    Marcus Waring Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #15

I use WhatsApp to communicate with my clients.

I use Pipedrive to see which stage our clients are but don't have a link to the two.

I would be interested to send and receive messages within Pipedrive and also see chat history implemented into the notes section.  Similar to the bot - how it transposes into the deal.

Hope it comes together.

• Edival Santos
    Edival Santos Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #16

Atualmente estou usando o Pipechat e tem funcionado a contento.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,534
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #17

If I am required to monitor the chats using a different browser window, it defeats the purpose IMHO.

So the perfect solution for me would be to send WhatsApp messages from within Pipedrive, without ever leaving the Pipedrive window.

• Nima Beheshtian
    Nima Beheshtian Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020 #18

WhatsApp is cool. If implemented, would it be easy to add Telegram as well? 

• Kyrylo Taranenko_7583
    edited April 2022 #19

Thank you all for your interest and replies! We have read each reply carefully and gathered some very helpful insights.

As there is a demand, my team and I decided to create this Google Form. 
    Everyone who subscribes will receive exclusive early access to the Whatsapp2 PipeDrive integration once it will be ready:

https://forms.gle/WzNRT9WQ2dhan78BA

You may also request a specific functionality or describe your use case to get exactly what you need to make your team more productive with Whatsapp collaboration. There is a specific question for that in the form.

Hope to see your entry!

• Marcus Waring
    Marcus Waring Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #20

Hey @Kyrylo Taranenko ,

Went to the google forms but the field requiring Company name or website is not working as it should.

Company name won’t accept and alternately it won’t recognise the website.  Would like to join, if possible.

Marcus Waring.

• Kyrylo Taranenko_7583
    edited July 2020 #21

Hey @Kyrylo Taranenko ,

Went to the google forms but the field requiring Company name or website is not working as it should.

Company name won’t accept and alternately it won’t recognise the website.  Would like to join, if possible.

Marcus Waring.

Hi @Marcus Waring!

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed it - please try and let me know if it works for you now.

https://forms.gle/WzNRT9WQ2dhan78BA

I appreciate your interest. Do you mind if we reach out to learn how you think it should work best once there will be progress?  

• Kyrylo Taranenko_7583
    edited March 2021 #22

The integration of Whatsapp to PipeDrive is ready! 

Hi people! Just wanted to give you an update — the integration of Whatsapp to PipeDrive is ready.
    Check it out here:
    https://timelines.ai/whatsapp-for-crm/

It works via webhooks, so you may set up all kinds of automations you like. For example, we prefer to save Whatsapp messages as Activities, because it enables us to make such messages actionable.

You can also export your contacts and tags into TimelinesAI to send them replies on Whatsapp.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask, or book a demo on my calendar:
    https://calendly.com/kyrylo_timelines/timelines-demo-20-min-business

• Kyrylo Taranenko_7583
    edited June 2022 #23

Automatic Whatsapp PipeDrive integration is now live on PipeDrive marketplace (try it for free)

Hi people,

I just want to let you know that the automatic Whatsapp to PipeDrive integration is live on PipeDrive Marketplace! Try it for free here:
    https://www.pipedrive.com/en/marketplace/app/timelines-ai-for-pipedrive/1a5fbfed3a04cc3a

Why is it better than alternatives? 

First, the Whatsapp PipeDrive integration is fully automatic. Your contacts and messaging get synced into PipeDrive without any manual input from your side. For new contacts, the new Persons and Deals will be created automatically. And yes, you can remove specific contacts from syncing (if you or your agents are using a personal number for work).

Second, it displays messages from Whatsapp on a Deal connected to the Person. You can now see all the related communication via email and Whatsapp in one place. If you need to dive deeper or send a reply, the integration inserts a shortlink to a Whatsapp chat with a contact. 

Third, you may connect your own number, or multiple numbers of your sales agents. The integration doesn't require Whatsapp Business API, works with multiple regular and business numbers. The setup only takes scanning a QR code and connecting PipeDrive in one click. 

We offer a free 10-day trial. Considering it only takes 5 minutes to connect Whatsapp to PipeDrive, you may get a full picture of the integration within this time. Let me know if you have any questions? I will be glad to learn what you think!

Here is the video that displays how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9S-aHrkqE