Pin Files to top

Options
Eli Glanz
Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary

As we all have documents that give us a better overview on the deal at hand.

I think it would be really helpful if Important files could be pinned to the top, just like notes (or even to a sidebar).

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited September 2020 #2
    Options

Thanks for sharing @Eli Glanz I'll make sure our team sees your suggestion!

• Richard Salisbury
    Richard Salisbury Member Posts: 17
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

This would be a good idea, particularly when a deal involves many documents over time and the important ones drop down on the list.

On the other hand we have a problem that every time an email is sent or received to someone in a deal, the sig files all get attached to the files tab so there ends up being hundreds of the same sig file graphics on the file tab.  Would be good to find a way to stop this happening.  See screen shot of files tab of a contact.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #4
    Options

This would be a good idea, particularly when a deal involves many documents over time and the important ones drop down on the list.

On the other hand we have a problem that every time an email is sent or received to someone in a deal, the sig files all get attached to the files tab so there ends up being hundreds of the same sig file graphics on the file tab.  Would be good to find a way to stop this happening.  See screen shot of files tab of a contact.

Thanks for your additional comment @Richard Salisbury I've heard this one before but will be sure to notify our team so we can hopefully resolve this in the future as well.

• Richard Salisbury
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #5
    Options

Thanks.  That was a small screen shot.  Some of our contact/deal records have literally hundreds of sig files attached to some individual Files tabs.  I can only assume that many people must run into the same issue, if not, how do you avoid it? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #6
    Options

Hi @Richard Salisbury no other workaround unfortunately as the files get picked up by the contact/deal. Our team is aware of this behaviour and we're assessing priority versus other updates in Pipedrive.

• Eli Glanz
    edited July 2020 #7
    Options

@Richard Salisbury agreed! I've actually contacted pipedrive support about this before, it kinda makes the whole files section useless especially in our case where each deal has constant back and forth which waters away the relevant files. There isn't even the ability to delete them.

I guess an algorithm which filters out images based on placement in the thread and/or common/recurring image content with the option to retrieve images that were filtered out could work.

• Bart Kohnhorst
    Bart Kohnhorst Member Posts: 12
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #8
    Options

I'd also love to see the signatures be excluded, but I recognize that it's even a challenge for Microsoft, in Outlook when signatures get bundled with attachments.  

• Eli Glanz
    edited July 2020 #9
    Options

@Bart Kohnhorst I can imagine - perhaps breaking up the file types, organizing them by images and alternatives - no one has PDF and Xslx files as a signature, lol 

This could be a workaround? although I don't imagine pipedrive going that route since it's far from minimalist.

Or thumbnails? it'll at least help distinguish recognizable docs from signatures.

• Guillaume_1141
    Guillaume_1141 Member Posts: 45
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020 #10
    Options

I have talked about this several times with support. The list of files including embedded signatures make that section useless definitively. I 100% agree with @Eli Glanz and thanks to @Richard Salisbury to point this issue. I have also asked about the need to be able to display the files as thumbnails of the file type i.e. a small pdf icon or even better a small image of the real file as they did in Unibox app for those who know this people centered email client. Very useful. I don't remember if I did create a query in Pipedrive features for this or not... Thanks

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #11
    Options

@Eli Glanz @Bart Kohnhorst @Guillaume thanks for those additional comments. I'll do my very best to reach out to the relevant teams internally and highlight this inconvenience. Hopefully we can increase the usability of this in the future. Great to see you and many others are sharing your feedback with us, this is how we can keep on improving our tool week by week!

• Jay Wealcatch
    Jay Wealcatch Member Posts: 55
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #12
    Options

A side section with files, with thumbnails, the ability to "star" a file, and all files sortable by file type would be a game changer.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #13
    Options

A side section with files, with thumbnails, the ability to "star" a file, and all files sortable by file type would be a game changer.

@Jay Wealcatch I heard that one of our teams is looking into documents management later down the road. I'll pass this on to them since they have started to do research.

• Richard Salisbury
    First Comment
    edited December 2020 #14
    Options

Just being able to single/multi select and delete them would be a big step forwards.

• Oliver Voigt_13956
    Oliver Voigt_13956 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #15
    Options

Any news about this matter...we are becoming really problem in therms of time for searching the files...

these was only one day!!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #16
    Options

Any news about this matter...we are becoming really problem in therms of time for searching the files...

these was only one day!!

Hi @Oliver Voigt no news I'm afraid, sorry :( I'm going to nudge our product team again and share these screenshots in some channels of us. Hopefully we can spark some discussions.

• Guillaume_1141
    Guillaume_1141 Member Posts: 45
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #17
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Absolute priority. I have exactly the same problem. I almost have abandoned researching files in Pipedrive. Complete saturation of images that are embedded in signatures that makes it unusable. Also Please note that in a conversation where you embed images in emails (useful images, not the signature ones), if someone respond to your email, his response comes with your images also attached. Not sure I am clear. I will try to find an example of it.

• Oliver Voigt_13956
    edited September 2020 #18
    Options

these was only one day!!

Great thanks for your feedback! Seems to be for a lot of user an important point!! Please take again care of it!! 

• Eli Glanz
    edited September 2020 #19
    Options
    Guillaume said:

@Mike van der Valk Absolute priority. I have exactly the same problem. I almost have abandoned researching files in Pipedrive. Complete saturation of images that are embedded in signatures that makes it unusable. Also Please note that in a conversation where you embed images in emails (useful images, not the signature ones), if someone respond to your email, his response comes with your images also attached. Not sure I am clear. I will try to find an example of it.

I think when it comes to files in Pipedrive, it's as if they don't' exist...

Although the Embedded google docs integration is awesome and so is the Documents Beta - finding Docs and files tho is a waste of time and energy.

• Oliver Voigt_13956
    edited September 2020 #20
    Options
    Guillaume said:

I try it...direct imported files will not shown in documents, additional the import was too complicated...this solution makes no sense!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #21
    Options

Thank you everyone for chiming in. It's really valuable for us to get different users with different insights. I'm going to bring all of this to the team. I'm sure we can do better in the future!

• kdswanson
    kdswanson Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Really need to find a way to pin important docs to the top like you can with notes. Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling to find the right doc is not efficient.

• Caleb Morton
    Caleb Morton Member Posts: 4
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Mike van der Valk would love this feature also!