Too long Pipeline.. odd...

easyCRM - your CRM expert
easyCRM - your CRM expert Member Posts: 5
Integration Partner
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi everyone. Once I consult a company that had a pipeline with 12 stages.

Of course I found it excessive, I just wonder if anyone has had similar experience or it was just me. 

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2020 #2

Hi @easyCRM - your CRM expert perhaps you can explain a bit more why you think it's odd and why this company you consulted had set up their pipeline this way. Could help others to give some comments or advice ;) 

• Alex Stueber_2537
    Alex Stueber_2537 Member Posts: 25
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #3

Hi @easyCRM - your CRM expert ,
    I had a few similar cases. One scenario was as long as yours, 12 stages. 

What I did was going over the processes with the client, and understanding why using that many stages first.

Secondly, we made suggestions to the client and showed them that some tasks that they were using as stages could be cut off from the pipeline making it shorter and more effective.

I have noticed that new users tend to do that, using some general daily tasks as one stage in their pipelines making it longer and less productive.

To conclude I run trials with the client with the new scenario, to see how the client was going, and then optimizing from there.

Well I hope I have helped you a bit, I know that are many other scenarios out there and some new users do setup long pipelines to start with but with help and good guidance they became more efficient and productive over time. 

Cheers,

Alex Stueber