Deactivated User: Keep emails linked to deals & contacts

Martin Eckardt
Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
5 Up Votes First Comment

When a sales representatives leaves our team we would like to deactivate the user account. Currently, all emails of the user linked to contacts, deals and organizations disappear as soon as a user is deactivated. Since there is a lot of valuable information, such as contracts, in the communication of the former team member we cannot deactivate the user account. 

With time more and more team member will leave until we get to a point where the costs rise to a point where it is not reasonable to use pipedrive anymore. Especially upgrading to a higher plan is not reasonable for us since we have to pay for many accounts that are not actively used. 

We would highly appreciate if you could keep displaying the emails linked to deals, contacts and organizations of the deactivated users.

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited July 2020 #2

This is a must.  Gets overlooked with many platforms.

• Tim_8530
    Tim_8530 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020 #3

Is this true? A bit of a deal breaker for me. I was just about to sign up.

I guess the workaround is to use generic user accounts like "sales@example.com" 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited June 2022 #4

Hi @Martin Eckardt 

Thanks for writing here. I'm checking with the team why this behaviour is as it is. I'm no expert but I figure it has to do with GDPR and privacy. However, @Tim mentions one workaround that might help.

All things have pro's and con's I agree but just to give you some suggestions. I hope to follow up with you about the reasoning though!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #5

Hi @Martin Eckardt 

Thanks for writing here. I'm checking with the team why this behaviour is as it is. I'm no expert but I figure it has to do with GDPR and privacy. However, @Tim mentions one workaround that might help.

All things have pro's and con's I agree but just to give you some suggestions. I hope to follow up with you about the reasoning though!

@Martin Eckardt just an update, the team is aware of your request and will dig into if and how we can do this. I can't make any promises but the reason why it is like this not is the way visibility and ownership of items works in Pipedrive. This hasn't been revisited in a while so who knows!

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2020 #6

Hi @Martin Eckardt 

Hi @Mike van der Valk
    thanks a lot for getting back to me and great that you are working on a solution. I contacted the support via chat a while ago but no solution was found. Therefore, we had two accounts on our invoice for the past months that were not used and will not be in the future.  Since the email communication is very valuable we are not able to deactivate the users.

It would be great if we could find a solution where we get a discount for the past months and do not have to pay for the unused seats until a technical solution is found.

Kind regards

Martin

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #7

Hi @Martin Eckardt 

Hi @Martin Eckardt unfortunately this is something that our community team has no say over. I'm not sure what the practices are in this situation. I'd recommend to still ask the support team as they might have dealt with similar questions before.

• Sarah_31524
    Sarah_31524 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #8

Hi, The same happening to me. That's a huge  problem, why e-mails linked to a lead are not displayed when deactivating a user from my company? The owner of the data contained in the e-mail is the company and not the person who leaves the company.
    Is there any solution for this in place?

• Following up on this conversation - has a solution surfaced? I leave tomorrow and obviously, my boss doesn't want to pay for my seat but also doesn't want to lose my info from emails etc.