Creating Dashboard Insight - Deals By Industry

Options
Gary Corso
Gary Corso Member Posts: 5
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

should I be able to create a report that tells me opportunities by Industry?  I do not see it (industries) coming up on the drop down list and am wondering if I am creating the correct dashboard (performance) type to allow the selection.

Thanks and I appreciate in advance your replies

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Do you a custom field called Industry on Deals? 

• Gary Corso
    edited July 2020 #3
    Options

Do you a custom field called Industry on Deals? 

No I was trying to use the field title Industry already under Organization. Do I need to create another field under deal then to get it to appear? Make sense I guess.

• Gary Corso
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Okay, so I added another custom "Industry" field under the "deal" level and populated the data, but it is still not an option when I choose to segment or measure by it in the reporting drop downs. Suggestions?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2020 #5
    Options

Okay, so I added another custom "Industry" field under the "deal" level and populated the data, but it is still not an option when I choose to segment or measure by it in the reporting drop downs. Suggestions?

Hi @Gary Corso in Pipedrive only Professional plan users and higher will be able to create reports based on custom fields. Can it be that you're on a different pricing plan with your company? 

• Daniel Steyn_6162
    Daniel Steyn_6162 Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

Gary, Just FYI, not all fields are available to filter with. You cant for example use free text fields, but if your industry field is from a picklist then you will be able to have it as an option.

Mike and Borris,

I have asked about this in the past, but it is very important to be able to also use organizational fields as a filter for deals. This would allow one to see organizational fields like territory or industry or account tiering.  This is a big cap in our insight report.

• Gary Corso
    edited July 2020 #7
    Options

Okay - So when I turned the Custom Field of Industry Type from a text field to a picklist - it worked! Thanks you for your wisdom on this subject.

• Gary Corso
    edited July 2020 #8
    Options

Nope - I am on Professional - figured it out by making it a drop down pick list versus a free type and then it appeared as a selection. Thanks for  replying.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2020 #9
    Options

Gary, Just FYI, not all fields are available to filter with. You cant for example use free text fields, but if your industry field is from a picklist then you will be able to have it as an option.

Mike and Borris,

I have asked about this in the past, but it is very important to be able to also use organizational fields as a filter for deals. This would allow one to see organizational fields like territory or industry or account tiering.  This is a big cap in our insight report.

@Daniel Steyn passing along that suggestion once more ;) sounds logical :)