Solution for Calendar Conflicts

Options
Paul Downes
Paul Downes Member Posts: 34
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Morning, I have started using the booking app in Pipedrive. However, I have second company that uses Calendly. I can add a second Calendar to avoid conflicts in Calendly, but is it possible in reverse, so the booking app in Pipedrive recognises when I am booked in my second company?

Solutions and workarounds appreciated!

Paul

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2020 #2
    Options

Hi @Paul Downes that Pipedrive scheduler can currently take into account all activities that are inside Pipedrive. If you use our calendar sync that means we take your calendar bookings into account as well. However, you can only sync one calendar at a time.

• Jennie Lau
    Jennie Lau Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Paul Downes, I got wonderful help from the support team and they gave me idea of opening a free account with zapier, then create a Zap that recognizes a new event on my secondary Google Calendar, then zaps the info as a completed activity to my Pipedrive. That way that timeframe is blocked out in your Pipedrive, but you don't have to go back to mark the new activity as done since it's already 'zapped' over as completed. 

I saw your other question in the Financial forum. I'm just going to copy what I've told another fellow Pipedriver: 

I also run a B2C biz and my answer to the discussion linked below will help give you insight how I've learned to use the organization field in Pipedrive. You get this part right from day 1, you'll be able to see where majority of your business comes from. Although I cannot change the word 'Organization' to something else like referral source. I have only 1 purpose for that field, and that's to track my source of business. Organization page can filter, # of open deals, # of won deals vs lost deals. The close deals is just the total of won + lost deals. 

Keep things simple your individual customers should be imported as a 'Person' in Pipdrive. Google contacts syncs very nicely with Pipedrive, you should look into it. Hope this helps. 

https://community.pipedrive.com/question/i-m-a-real-estate-agent-just-getting-started-with-pipedrive-i-d-like-to-track-th--5ed01b8a62e8785e06a91eaf?answerId=5ed13b24eea4e627815e695d

• Paul Downes
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #4
    Options

Thanks Jennie, I will have a look at that, but it certainly looks like a solution. 

• Medicare Rob
    Medicare Rob Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

@Paul Downes I am also a Financial Advisor .I use Calendly and Pipedrive. Both are connected to my Google business account. When I schedule an appointment in Pipedrive, it syncs with my Google Calendar. Calendly appointments are also sent to my Google Calendar and synced with Pipedrive. If a client or another agent creates an appointment with Calendly, I have to manually link it in Pipedrive with the specific person, organization or Deal or create a deal.

• Paul Downes
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #6
    Options

@Paul Downes I am also a Financial Advisor .I use Calendly and Pipedrive. Both are connected to my Google business account. When I schedule an appointment in Pipedrive, it syncs with my Google Calendar. Calendly appointments are also sent to my Google Calendar and synced with Pipedrive. If a client or another agent creates an appointment with Calendly, I have to manually link it in Pipedrive with the specific person, organization or Deal or create a deal.

Hi @Rob Haskins  Thanks for this. Have you tried Pipedrive's scheduling tool? Since using this I have had no use for Calendly. 

• Paul Downes
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #7
    Options

Hi @Paul Downes, I got wonderful help from the support team and they gave me idea of opening a free account with zapier, then create a Zap that recognizes a new event on my secondary Google Calendar, then zaps the info as a completed activity to my Pipedrive. That way that timeframe is blocked out in your Pipedrive, but you don't have to go back to mark the new activity as done since it's already 'zapped' over as completed. 

I saw your other question in the Financial forum. I'm just going to copy what I've told another fellow Pipedriver: 

I also run a B2C biz and my answer to the discussion linked below will help give you insight how I've learned to use the organization field in Pipedrive. You get this part right from day 1, you'll be able to see where majority of your business comes from. Although I cannot change the word 'Organization' to something else like referral source. I have only 1 purpose for that field, and that's to track my source of business. Organization page can filter, # of open deals, # of won deals vs lost deals. The close deals is just the total of won + lost deals. 

Keep things simple your individual customers should be imported as a 'Person' in Pipdrive. Google contacts syncs very nicely with Pipedrive, you should look into it. Hope this helps. 

https://community.pipedrive.com/question/i-m-a-real-estate-agent-just-getting-started-with-pipedrive-i-d-like-to-track-th--5ed01b8a62e8785e06a91eaf?answerId=5ed13b24eea4e627815e695d

Hi @Jennie Lau Thanks for your replies, they have been very helpful. As a US based Mortgage Advisor, what would you say gives Pipedrive the edge over US based industry CRM systems, of which in the US I know there are many?

• Jacob Bank
    Jacob Bank Member Posts: 17
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Very late to this post, but you could use Relay.app (disclaimer: I work there) to connect a new Calendly appointment into Pipedrive following the template here: https://www.relay.app/apps/calendly/integrations/pipedrive