Converting deals to leads

Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
edited March 2023 in What's New #1

It happens that a deal is not ready to move through your Pipeline but also not ready to be marked as lost, you can NOW easily convert it to a lead in your Leads Inbox until it is ready to be pursued again. 

This functionality will help you declutter your pipeline and focus on the right actions with your team.

Read more about the functionality and how it works here.

Tagged:

Comments

• Michael_4661
    Michael_4661 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

AMAZING! Now can we add "Company" and "Name" as columns and allow us to email through leads? That's all and it's almost perfect! 

• Anish Patel
    Anish Patel Member Posts: 22
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3

I really feel like I should be able to see all Activity (email, files, etc) for Leads

For a new lead, I will likely have sent an email, made a phone call, and maybe included a .pdf with some content.  I don't see any way to see all that history in the Leads page.   I don't need/use automation scripts/campaigns for the number of leads I'd likely have, but knowing the history helps me plan the next step for that lead.

Am I misunderstanding the Lead vs Deal categorization?  Is the Leads Inbox primarily for those who have 1000s of leads or use automation tools for Lead interaction?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #4
    Michael said:

AMAZING! Now can we add "Company" and "Name" as columns and allow us to email through leads? That's all and it's almost perfect! 

Will pass it along @Michael 😁

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #5

I really feel like I should be able to see all Activity (email, files, etc) for Leads

For a new lead, I will likely have sent an email, made a phone call, and maybe included a .pdf with some content.  I don't see any way to see all that history in the Leads page.   I don't need/use automation scripts/campaigns for the number of leads I'd likely have, but knowing the history helps me plan the next step for that lead.

Am I misunderstanding the Lead vs Deal categorization?  Is the Leads Inbox primarily for those who have 1000s of leads or use automation tools for Lead interaction?

@Anish Patel the lead inbox can be used for anyone with a process to qualify their leads before wanting to move them in their general pipeline.

However, it can of course happen that you prefer different use cases in the tool and that's okay. We try to make Pipedrive as flexible as we can to give people the option to organize it for their specific use case.

Regarding your feedback, I'll be sure to pass that on to the team. We have plenty in store for this area of Pipedrive in the future 😇

• Jakob_9696
    Jakob_9696 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #6

Nice Feature. But I have three ideas for improvement:

1. Every time I (as an admin) convert a deal from another team member back to a lead, I am the owner of the lead and not the original deal owner.
    2. It would be really helpful to get an "autofill/suggestion" for existing Orgas and contacts once you create a lead (similiar to when you create a deal).
    3. There really should be a "create a lead" button on orga level. (also similiar to when you create a deal)
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #7
    Jakob said:

1. Every time I (as an admin) convert a deal from another team member back to a lead, I am the owner of the lead and not the original deal owner.
    2. It would be really helpful to get an "autofill/suggestion" for existing Orgas and contacts once you create a lead (similiar to when you create a deal).
    3. There really should be a "create a lead" button on orga level. (also similiar to when you create a deal)

Thanks for sharing @Jakob just to confirm on 2, do you mean that it suggests if you already have similar/the same contacts in your account? 

• Jakob_9696
    Jakob_9696 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020 #8
    Jakob said:

Yes, exactly. So if create a lead and I enter an organisation it should show suggestions of already existing organisations. The reason behind this is, that our Sales Reps  have the tendency to not double check if orgas/contacts may already be in the database. I know that there is a "a similar orga is already existing" button once the lead is created but I know my sales peeps. :-) I think it would be great if this could be handled the same way as when you create an actual deal. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #9
    Jakob said:

@Jakob our team is actually working on integrating existing contacts with leads, will pass on your suggestion!

• Mamoun Hefni
    Mamoun Hefni Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #10

Hi @Mike van der Valk
    Is the bulk action or automation from deal to lead available?

thanks,

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #11

Hi @Mike van der Valk
    Is the bulk action or automation from deal to lead available?

thanks,

Hi @Mamoun Hefni automations are planned for later but you can already bulk select them in the deal list view. Just filter out the deals you need and convert them, here's how it looks: