Product Reporting in Deal Column view / Product Variations & Product Bulk Editing

Georgia Harmon
Georgia Harmon Member Posts: 16
First Comment

First of all, our company enjoys using PD, and it is a valued system with many benefits.

We are a Sales company with over 900 products, each Product can have up to 5 different Product variations (different backings, colours or materials of one product) each Product Variation has different pricing.

We are required to do Reporting and need to have the funtionality to show the different products and variations and quantities in the Deal List View, so as to show many other custom Fields we have added for Reporting purposes. Currently this is not something PD can do with Products. 

However we required this information for reporting to:

• Suppliers - product and Colour & Qty required,
  • Sales Reps reporting Deals & forcasting Products sales to Management - product details required,
  • Deal reporting for our Agents to manage project deadlines with Product forecasting,
  • Manage Stock orders for Product lines where Deals are at the End of the Pipeline stages.

The Product Tab where it shows the deals still doesn't not show the required information. You still need to go into every deal to see the info. With so many products, this does not seem like a solution.

Another area that we use in Sales and I believe many companies would need is the ability to Bulk Edit Product Pricing. There seems no easy way to do this?? I am not sure why there is Pricing in the Product Variations, if it cannot be bulk edited every time we receive a price rise (something every company needs surely). Manual editing is just not sustainable. Is there some kind of work around here as Reporting and editing is a crucial part of what our Team is required to do.

Even if we were to do another Product import without Variations (something that is not possible to import) would it override the current product or give us a double up of those products?? Many of these products are already linked to deals also.

Thanks for any help - much appreciated!

4 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited September 2020 #2

Hi @Georgia 

Thanks for your thorough feedback.

First of all, you can use the import feature to update existing data such as Products, by using the ID of that data. You can read more about it here.

Regarding the other part of your post. I understand what you need is:

• Ability to show product information on the Deal list view
    • Bulk editing of products and it's variations
    • Importing of product variations

Let me know if I missed something and I can pass on your suggestion to the team. I can't promise you we'll start to work on this straight away unfortunately but I'll do my best to highlight the need for this to our team.

• Georgia Harmon
    Georgia Harmon Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Mike van der Valk 

Yes you are correct, these are all things that we need for reporting purposes. This has been something raised with Pipedrive several times over the last 12 months. I know there are other users  in this community that have asked for the same things, especially the Product information in the Deal list view. 

Can I ask how you would update a price list for Product Variations? It seemed such a great feature, however we couldn't update our prices of variations once a new price list is realeased and had to manually update each Variation. This was over 3000 areas to edit. 

So too the products feature is great, pulling through to our quotes, however the need to see this in the Deal list view is extremely important.

Thank you

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited August 2020 #4

Hi @Mike van der Valk 

Yes you are correct, these are all things that we need for reporting purposes. This has been something raised with Pipedrive several times over the last 12 months. I know there are other users  in this community that have asked for the same things, especially the Product information in the Deal list view. 

Can I ask how you would update a price list for Product Variations? It seemed such a great feature, however we couldn't update our prices of variations once a new price list is realeased and had to manually update each Variation. This was over 3000 areas to edit. 

So too the products feature is great, pulling through to our quotes, however the need to see this in the Deal list view is extremely important.

Thank you

Thanks for confirming and clarifying @Georgia I've also heard this request before. One of the hardest things for our product and design team is to prioritise all requests. I'll do my best though to highlight your requests and have added the "feedback & feature requests" tag to your post so that they'll see it as well.

Unfortunately, importing product variations isn't possible right now either :(