Open a new tab when clicking on a linked deal in email view

Options
Guillaume_1141
Guillaume_1141 Member Posts: 45
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Hi ! Presently when looking at an email in the Inbox, if you click on the linked deal, it replaces the view of the email by the deal view you clicked on. It would be better if clicking would open the related deal in a different tab so I don't lose the email view. It is important to be able to check the related deal keeping the email at sight.

Thanks

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #2
    Options

Thank you for your feedback @Guillaume ! I've made sure our team sees your suggestion for consideration in the future.

Out of curiosity, what information about the deal would you like to see that doesn't show up in the box at the right of the email message it's linked to? In short, typically why do you need to open the deal from the email? Thank you.

• Guillaume_1141
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hello @Inês Batata It is not that I am looking for info about the deal being in the Inbox. It is that, frequently, on top of following up on today's and overdue tasks list, I still (and I think a lot us us do) manage my inbox as an entry tool to work. When I want to respond to an email I frequently need to look back at the history of the deal to ensure I know what I am talking about or for whatever reason. I often not respond directly from the inbox. I need to refresh my memory, so for example, if the email is not automatically linked or is wrongly linked to a deal, I correct that point first, then, I need to go to the deal so I concentrate on responding to the email newly attached to that deal and then when I am finished, I need to go back to the inbox so I can archive the email (as archiving is not available in the deal view - which is also a must have, I think). So I wish the tab with the Pipedrive Inbox would still be there. As a matter of fact, I don't want that every click on a link in Pipedrive overlap the previous opened page. this applies in several views in Pipedrive.  I frequently work on several deals at the same time and don't want to lose track before closing the view on purpose (just imagine you receive a call about a different deal you are working on, you don't want to loose the tab you are in but if you need to open a deal to give special attention to that call, the normal click will overlap your present activity). My way around is to right click and open deal or Inbox in a different tab but it is not intuitive and I end up with  duplicated tabs or/and going back and forth with the navigation arrows between the webpages in the same tab). I hope I made my point clear... 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #4
    Options
    Guillaume said:

Hello @Inês Batata It is not that I am looking for info about the deal being in the Inbox. It is that, frequently, on top of following up on today's and overdue tasks list, I still (and I think a lot us us do) manage my inbox as an entry tool to work. When I want to respond to an email I frequently need to look back at the history of the deal to ensure I know what I am talking about or for whatever reason. I often not respond directly from the inbox. I need to refresh my memory, so for example, if the email is not automatically linked or is wrongly linked to a deal, I correct that point first, then, I need to go to the deal so I concentrate on responding to the email newly attached to that deal and then when I am finished, I need to go back to the inbox so I can archive the email (as archiving is not available in the deal view - which is also a must have, I think). So I wish the tab with the Pipedrive Inbox would still be there. As a matter of fact, I don't want that every click on a link in Pipedrive overlap the previous opened page. this applies in several views in Pipedrive.  I frequently work on several deals at the same time and don't want to lose track before closing the view on purpose (just imagine you receive a call about a different deal you are working on, you don't want to loose the tab you are in but if you need to open a deal to give special attention to that call, the normal click will overlap your present activity). My way around is to right click and open deal or Inbox in a different tab but it is not intuitive and I end up with  duplicated tabs or/and going back and forth with the navigation arrows between the webpages in the same tab). I hope I made my point clear... 

Thank you so much for your explanation @Guillaume , it was very clarifying! I'll make sure our team takes a look at it. We appreciate your feedback!

• Almonzer Eskandar
    Almonzer Eskandar Pipedrive Team Posts: 100 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited August 2020 #5
    Options
    Guillaume said:

@Guillaume  Hi there, is the email view the only one where you feel this issue? what about other views in Pipedrive, can you name anywhere you feel that you are going back and forth to achieve a task?

Best, 
    Almonzer PM at Pipedrive 

• Guillaume_1141
    edited August 2020 #6
    Options
    Guillaume said:

@Almonzer Well, it also happens when clicking on a task in the activity list. I wish it would open in a new tab so I can keep the Activities view always opened.

Best.

G.

• Almonzer Eskandar
    Almonzer Eskandar Pipedrive Team Posts: 100 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited August 2020 #7
    Options
    Guillaume said:

@Guillaume  Check the gif above and tell me if it is what you have on mind :) 

• Guillaume_1141
    edited August 2020 #8
    Options
    Guillaume said:

Whaooo. I like it ! That seems to work ! Just wondering if we really need to keep the list at sight below the Pop-up. May be the pop-up could cover the whole page to avoid reducing the working space in the deal view. When all done the list is just below and reappears when closing the pop-up anyway and that is what is important. May be the navigation capability into the list inside the pop-up is not that necessary.