How often we should follow up!

Options
Claus Pummer
Claus Pummer Member Posts: 1
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

We are  not sure how often we should flow up leads, even people fill out very long form on our side https://saminasleep.com/request-consultation

This is pretty long form with lot of personal questions and we try to email - text or call the closing rate is to low!! 

Comments

• Shobhit Gaur
    Shobhit Gaur Member Posts: 127
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Integration Partner
    edited November 2020 #2
    Options

hey @Claus Pummer, follow up till the time you get a reply from them. But that’s easier said than done. :)

The good part of your form is, you collect email and phone numbers which can help you do sequential multi-channel outreach to your leads, through scheduled emails, calls, SMS. This increases your chances of getting more successful outcomes from your outreach efforts. 

Multi-channel sales sequence

Outplays own sales team has seen reply rates of more than 70% from these smart sales sequences. More details - 

https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/outplay/6d1d318eb8e17b9f

Also, if you want to read how companies like Hubspot, G2 design their multi-channel sales sequences to follow up with their leads and prospects, here is a free e-book - 

https://outplayhq.com/ebook/real-sales-sequences

• Tom Jackobs
    Tom Jackobs Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

my call services are seeing about 10 touches before booking an appointment.  

its important to followup by different modes as well, phone, text, email, LinkedIn, messenger.  
    You don’t know the preferred communication method of your prospect.  

• Maximilian Thieme
    Maximilian Thieme Member Posts: 28
    Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited August 2020 #4
    Options

Besides of that, change your framing in the request form:

Make a very clear statement about your follow up via phone call after form submission. You can state something like:

Thanks for bla bla bla... What will happen next? 

Regarding the amount of inquiries, we have to make sure that everyone gets a fair chance for the expert consultation. We will call you in the next x hours, y days, please make sure that you are able to pick up the call. Otherwise we aren't able to call you again and you probably miss out the chance to get your benefit here... 

I'm not a native English speaker, I hope the idea behind is clear and the way I tried to go makes sense for you. 

Feel free to ask

Best, 

Max

• Ahrend
    Ahrend Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

Hi Claus, 

I think that the source where the registrations come from is very relevant. Someone who comes directly from a Social Media campaign on this page is less likely to convert than someone who visited several pages on your website. 

If the person visited multiple pages on your site and had several marketing touchpoints before, I would follow up at least 10 times. For people where the form is an early touchpoint, I would recommend an email campaign with more information and perhaps where you can track them to further qualify. 

I hope this helps you. 

• Steen Lautrup
    Steen Lautrup Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2020 #6
    Options

Follow up, if they even want you to follow up and when your customer wants you to follow up... That requires you to try to ask them if they want to be followed up and when. They will probably not answer that by mail, so you need to call them. First establish if they even pick up the phone, if not, go to the next. When you get hold of one, ask them if they are interested in talking to you about what you sell, if yes, pitch them, and then ask them when if would be applicable for the next step in your sales proces. Also ask them why they are interested in talking to you about what you sell. If they say no, ask them if they would elaborate on why they are not interested in talking about what you sell. Use that information to maybe weed out a misunderstanding that might be, they dont have time right now, they are not the correct person, etc...  If you do these things, you create a strong pipeline, which coincidently is also what my company provides :)

• Shaun Gunning_9934
    Shaun Gunning_9934 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #7
    Options

Take control by giving the prospect control.

I would simply replace the where did you hear about us question with one like "You've got this far so you understand how important good sleep is to your health, so when is the best time (am/pm - day - date) for us to call you?"

• Shobhit Gaur
    edited August 2020 #8
    Options

my call services are seeing about 10 touches before booking an appointment.  

its important to followup by different modes as well, phone, text, email, LinkedIn, messenger.  
    You don’t know the preferred communication method of your prospect.  

@Tom Jackobs cant agree more.
    We see our users getting better results because they followup in different modes - email, calls, SMS, voice notes, linkedin.

• Shobhit Gaur
    edited August 2020 #9
    Options
    Ahrend said:

Hi Claus, 

I think that the source where the registrations come from is very relevant. Someone who comes directly from a Social Media campaign on this page is less likely to convert than someone who visited several pages on your website. 

If the person visited multiple pages on your site and had several marketing touchpoints before, I would follow up at least 10 times. For people where the form is an early touchpoint, I would recommend an email campaign with more information and perhaps where you can track them to further qualify. 

I hope this helps you. 

Solid advice there @Ahrend 

• Dennis Powers_890
    Dennis Powers_890 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2020 #10
    Options

Great conversation! The only thing I would add is that most of our follow-ups need to include some value that is relevant to the lead... don't simply just "follow-up".

• Brendan Pfahlert
    Brendan Pfahlert Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2020 #11
    Options

How often? Well if you don't get the occasional "unsubscribe" or "spam" email response - you can probably do more. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited August 2020 #12
    Options

Great to see so many of you giving valuable input 🚀 this is exactly what we intended this community for sharing knowledge about sales and marketing! 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited August 2020 #13
    Options

@Claus Pummer hope you got some valuable input, any questions/comments left? Post them here, there's thousands of other sales professionals here to help!

• Keith Greywood
    Keith Greywood Member Posts: 35
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited August 2020 #14
    Options
    Ahrend said:

Hi Claus, 

I hope this helps you. 

Yeah, you can score the lead in this way. I've been using Outfunnel app to provide this data

• Shawn Bouchard
    Shawn Bouchard Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2022 #15
    Options

Hi @Claus Pummer — follow-up question for you. What's the turnaround time on follow-up on an inbound lead? IMO you should strive for a quick turnaround time on an inbound lead.

I look forward to your response.

Shawn

• Tom Jackobs
    edited August 2020 #16
    Options

Hi @Claus Pummer — follow-up question for you. What's the turnaround time on follow-up on an inbound lead? IMO you should strive for a quick turnaround time on an inbound lead.

Shawn

My outbound call team has an average of 7 min response to any new lead our clients receive (within the normal call times of course).  Studies have shown that after about 20 min your chance of getting them on the phone diminishes substantially.

Strike while the iron is hot.

BTW, everytime we get someone on the phone within that 20 min they book a consultation!

• Shobhit Gaur
    edited August 2020 #17
    Options

Shawn

very interesting @Tom Jackobs 

Would you be open to sharing some of the best practices that your team outbound call team uses in an interview?

We at Outplay have been conducting 5 minutes sales wisdom interview series on Linkedin, with guests from leadIQ, Lola, Vidyard & more. 

• Tom Jackobs
    edited August 2020 #18
    Options

Shawn

@Shobhit Gaur Happy to share some best practices.   Schedule a convenient time here:  www.BusinessLeadMaximizer.com/schedule-a-call 

Saw your videos on LinkedIn.  Love it!

• Keith Greywood
    Keith Greywood Member Posts: 35
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited August 2020 #19
    Options

Shawn

@Tom Jackobs That sounds like a good stat to measure, I'd love to be able to do this per advisor, either if they pick up leads on a round robin basis or if they pick up an inbound lead as they are available. Not sure how to measure and connect those systems tho.... any idea using pipedrive? 

• Tom Jackobs
    edited September 2020 #20
    Options

Shawn

Hey Keith, with pipedrive you could look at Activities, and setup a custom activity perhaps and look at that on the insights report by advisor.

I currently do this for the call agents as I've setup 3 custom activities for Live Call, Left Voicemail, Could Not Contact.  that way I can see how many live calls they each have and the look at of those live calls how many appointments are they booking as a percentage.