Advice wanted: Marketing permission management

Jeanette Mayland Olsen
Jeanette Mayland Olsen Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hi,
I am new to both Pipedrive and Campaign Monitor and I am looking to create a smooth, GDPR-compliant, easy-to-overview setup for our marketing permissions. I know I can integrate the two, which I intent to do, but can I then see, say, on a person overview if there is a newsletter subscription (through Campaign Monitor) on that person? And can I segment my marketing the other way around to create lists of marketing permissions persons with certain attributes in Pipedrive and email them through Campaign Monitor?
I would love to hear your experience and how you do things!
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

/Jeanette

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2021 #2

Hi @Jeanette Mayland Olsen , thank you for your post, this is a really interesting topic that I don't remember seeing being discussed here before!

I've taken the liberty to add some more tags to your question to increase its visibility and reach more community members that can help you. 🙂

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #3

@Paul McKenna Do you have some advice or best practices you'd like to share with @Jeanette Mayland Olsen ? 🚀

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4

Thanks @Inês Batata At what stage are you at with both Pipedrive & Campaign manager? Pending a full integration (which will be necessary) I would suggest you use your contact list first to create an email campaign in CM, send that and generate your contact list (for pipedrive) from those who did not opt out. This could be the basis of your 'subscribed users' that you would want to track in pipedrive. 

Import that list into pipedrive and add a category specific heading (weekly offer mail list for e.g) in [settings]-[company/ data fields]- [person] to indicate that these contacts are subscribers. Then open your contacts tab in pipedrive and bulk edit those contacts to indicate which category they are subscribed. 

You can make the data field a [multiple option] field if subscribers are likely to be included on more than one campaign type. Then add and all of the subscribed contacts in the list view, where the various filters will help you isolate and bulk edit until you have all the contacts imported and categorised. 

As you add new contacts, use CM as the first filter before importing. The load will be easier to deal with, but as contacts then choose to 'opt out/unsubscribe' you will need to manually update these in pipedrive until you have the integration piece complete.

• Jeanette Mayland Olsen
    edited August 2020 #5

Thanks @Inês Batata At what stage are you at with both Pipedrive & Campaign manager? Pending a full integration (which will be necessary) I would suggest you use your contact list first to create an email campaign in CM, send that and generate your contact list (for pipedrive) from those who did not opt out. This could be the basis of your 'subscribed users' that you would want to track in pipedrive. 

Import that list into pipedrive and add a category specific heading (weekly offer mail list for e.g) in [settings]-[company/ data fields]- [person] to indicate that these contacts are subscribers. Then open your contacts tab in pipedrive and bulk edit those contacts to indicate which category they are subscribed. 

You can make the data field a [multiple option] field if subscribers are likely to be included on more than one campaign type. Then add and all of the subscribed contacts in the list view, where the various filters will help you isolate and bulk edit until you have all the contacts imported and categorised. 

As you add new contacts, use CM as the first filter before importing. The load will be easier to deal with, but as contacts then choose to 'opt out/unsubscribe' you will need to manually update these in pipedrive until you have the integration piece complete.

Wow, that is a lot of importing still. I am looking to create a much more automated setup that will enable me to have GDPR compliant permission management and utilize Pipedrive's nice timeline functionality. Down the road automation, too, but first things first and we are just starting to set things up more strategically. Do you have any experience with that?

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6

I am not the best person to advise on this. A good developer would have the two services talking to one another very quickly. To date I have mostly used MS Office 365 for workflow integration. 

I took a quick look and zapier doesn't offer anything for campaign manager. There may be another 3rd party integration tool that does. I would suggest you ask CM to help in this regard. 

• Jeanette Mayland Olsen
    edited August 2020 #7

I am not the best person to advise on this. A good developer would have the two services talking to one another very quickly. To date I have mostly used MS Office 365 for workflow integration. 

I took a quick look and zapier doesn't offer anything for campaign manager. There may be another 3rd party integration tool that does. I would suggest you ask CM to help in this regard. 

That would be Piesync, which from their marketing seems to offer a great integration. It is not described very detailed, however, so I was curious for other users' experiences. Thanks for replying to my questions, I appreciate it!

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #8

@Jeanette Mayland Olsen I did some quick reserach and it seems Campaign Monitor has it's own integration with Pipedrive. It might make your life easier even if you need to create some customized fields fro GDPR permission in Pipedrive, check it out here: Pipedrive email marketing integration | Campaign Monitor.

Piesync, like you mentioned, has an integration between the two toold too: Connect data between your apps - 2-way data sync with PieSync

And Zapier too: Campaign Monitor & Pipedrive - More Integrations Than Anyone

I recommend doing some exploring and choosing the one that fits your needs and workflow the best. 😉

• Arnold Steenbeek
    Arnold Steenbeek Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited November 2023 #9

CM suggests to use Cyclr https://cyclr.com/ although I don't have anay experience with cylcr https://www.campaignmonitor.com/integrations/cyclr/

But looking for the same integration and since 7+ years happy users of both: CM and PD but they lack a smooth link unfortunately