Title of Deal/Lead in New Web Forms

Options
Michael Dillon
Michael Dillon Member Posts: 5
First Anniversary Photogenic

In the new webforms currently in Beta, the title of the deal or lead created by the form defaults to the name of the person to whom the deal is assigned instead of the name of the company that has submitted the deal as webforms defaults to now.  For example, if a company named "XYZ Company" were to submit a form request in the new webforms, the title of the dela/lead in PipeDrive would be added as "Michael Dillon" instead of "XYZ Company" as it does now.  I do not see a way to change this.  Having the name of the company makes much more sense for us to manage our deals & leads.  Can this be changed?

Tagged:

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #2
    Options

Hi @Michael Dillon , we appreciate your feedback!

At the moment it's not possible to choose which field determines the title of the deal and, like you mentioned, right now it defaults to the Person name over Organization name. 

I see how this can be confusing, especially if you were used to the "classic" webforms, and inconvenient for the reasons you mentioned. I've sent your suggestion internally to our team so they can consider it in future development. Thank you for circling back with your input about this new feature!

• Michael Dillon
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

I'd like to know the rationale for doing it this way.  Having the Person Name over Organization makes no sense. If I create a new deal manually it defaults to Organization as the title.  With the change from Organization to Person for webforms you are going against the logic of your own system.  All the leads currently in the system have Organization as the title; changing it to Person will be a mess.  How am I supposed to check for duplicate Organization deals coming in from the web?  I can't use the new forms for exactly this reason: it will be more work for me to change the titles of deals to Organization.  This is a major flaw that should be addressed before putting this out of Beta. 

• Jake Sigal
    Jake Sigal Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2020 #4
    Options

+1 on having a setting for "default deal title".

my use case is to take people out of my contacts (or contacts timeline) hit create new deal and I want the ability to have the title customized (e.g. "Aug 2020 [company] [name]")

• Sanders
    Sanders Pipedrive Team Posts: 4 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

As a workaround before new options appear is to create an automation to change the deal name after deal has been created. In my case I have used "AF" as identification and in the last option you see changing of deal title to "AF [Deal organization name]

• Michael Dillon
    edited August 2020 #6
    Options

As a workaround before new options appear is to create an automation to change the deal name after deal has been created. In my case I have used "AF" as identification and in the last option you see changing of deal title to "AF [Deal organization name]

"before new options appear".  Does this mean you are going to change the webforms to default to Organization in the future?

• Jake Sigal
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

@Sanders Agu I'm trying to set up this automation and stuck on how to add to an existing title.

looking for new title = "[existing title] [Person]" 

Similar to a CONCATENATE formula (e.g. CONCATENATE([Deal Title]," ",[Person])

Again from my post above. i create a lot of new leads from existing contacts and want the person's name as we have way more contacts at a few clients vs. other users that have lots of clients that each have 1 or 2 main contacts.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #8
    Options

I'd like to know the rationale for doing it this way.  Having the Person Name over Organization makes no sense. If I create a new deal manually it defaults to Organization as the title.  With the change from Organization to Person for webforms you are going against the logic of your own system.  All the leads currently in the system have Organization as the title; changing it to Person will be a mess.  How am I supposed to check for duplicate Organization deals coming in from the web?  I can't use the new forms for exactly this reason: it will be more work for me to change the titles of deals to Organization.  This is a major flaw that should be addressed before putting this out of Beta. 

Hi @Michael Dillon , we appreciate you pointing this out. I’ll discuss your comments with our team and share your concerns. My apologies that you had to experience this and I understand your frustrations. 

@Saša Batovanja can you shed some light on why currently it's built this way?

• Sanders
    edited August 2020 #9
    Options

I cannot comment on that exactly as it is not my domain. I know that this is on BETA right now, so feedback is considered. What I wanted to say is that I support your idea for future additions.

• Sanders
    edited August 2020 #10
    Options

@Sanders Agu I'm trying to set up this automation and stuck on how to add to an existing title.

Again from my post above. i create a lot of new leads from existing contacts and want the person's name as we have way more contacts at a few clients vs. other users that have lots of clients that each have 1 or 2 main contacts.

Hi @Jake Sigal 

Have you tried using  [Deal title]  [Deal contact person name] as shown below? Not sure if that is fit for your needs, but let me know. 

• Saša Batovanja
    Saša Batovanja Posts: 18 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2020 #11
    Options

Thank you for you feedback, @Michael Dillon. We will review your feedback with our designers and consider it during development of Web Forms in a near future.

• Jake Sigal
    edited August 2020 #12
    Options

can you test that and let me know if that works. i couldn't easily find a list of variables on PipeDrive