Lead entry process

Options
Chrissy Smith
Chrissy Smith Member Posts: 5
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I am a commercial agent. Many of my leads, the first initial contact is a phone call about one of my listings. Do you recommend entering the person as a Contact and create a Deal immediately, or add them as a Lead? I'm curious what people's work flows are around this.

Comments

• Cory Turnbull
    Cory Turnbull Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Same!! I am also a commercial agent trying desperately to figure out how to make this lead thing work, since there is no automated email function available to "leads"

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #3
    Options

@Chrissy Smith We are a mortgage brokerage and just now setting up PD.  I am wondering the same about  layout.  Should clients be an account?  Or simply contacts and deals?  I want to make sure that we set up properly to leverage the data later.  Any help is appreciated.

• Christian Ayala
    edited August 2020 #4
    Options

Same!! I am also a commercial agent trying desperately to figure out how to make this lead thing work, since there is no automated email function available to "leads"

I think Zapier is coming soon, so you should be able to use a third party marketing automation platform with the leads bucket.

• Hugo Sandall
    Hugo Sandall Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2022 #5
    Options

Hello, 

I would create a "lead" initially and enter in the "notes" what they are enquiring about, EG "46 Queen Street, L6, 150 sqm office space."

You can search "globally" later for all those who have enquired about that specific listing and if they mature in the "enquiry" process you can link them to the "deal" which will be the actual listing. 

Hope that makes sense :-)

• Chrissy Smith
    edited August 2020 #6
    Options

Hello, 

I would create a "lead" initially and enter in the "notes" what they are enquiring about, EG "46 Queen Street, L6, 150 sqm office space."

You can search "globally" later for all those who have enquired about that specific listing and if they mature in the "enquiry" process you can link them to the "deal" which will be the actual listing. 

I should have specified, I am usually starting the lead process from my mobile app. Someone calls me. I hang up, add their contact info to my iphone. Then when I open them up in Pipedrive contacts, it's only allowing me to link them to a Deal, not as a Lead. Maybe I can set an activity and go in once I'm at my computer and enter them as a Lead? I guess I am trying to avoid having a huge Deal file with random leads mixed in.

• Hugo Sandall
    edited August 2020 #7
    Options

Hello, 

True, I wasn't aware of the APP side of it but that would make sense how you described it. I have created far too many "deals" and then discovered using the "leads" to start with as a funnel into a deal.

• Chrissy Smith
    edited August 2020 #8
    Options

Hello, 

Thanks for the feedback Hugo. I appreciate it!

• Jennifer Bacak
    Jennifer Bacak Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #9
    Options

I want the option to create a deal from that lead, but leave it in leads as well so I can analyze my lead data!

• Hugo Sandall
    edited April 2022 #10
    Options

Check out;    settings/workflow automation this might help. There are many tutorials on this (you tube) and I am personally in the process of creating workflow for Real Estate AML client onboarding so workflow is critical! Maybe have a look at this as a starter, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2II4my_aon4
  • Jennie Lau
    Jennie Lau Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited August 2020 #11
    Options

@Chrissy Smith We are a mortgage brokerage and just now setting up PD.  I am wondering the same about  layout.  Should clients be an account?  Or simply contacts and deals?  I want to make sure that we set up properly to leverage the data later.  Any help is appreciated.

Hi @Christian Ayala, I'm just going to copy what I've told another fellow Pipedriver: 

I also run a B2C biz and my answer to the discussion linked below will help give you insight how I've learned to use the organization field in Pipedrive. You get this part right from day 1, you'll be able to see where majority of your business comes from. Although I cannot change the word 'Organization' to something else like referral source. I have only 1 purpose for that field, and that's to track my source of business. Organization page can filter, # of open deals, # of won deals vs lost deals. The close deals is just the total of won + lost deals. 

Keep things simple your individual customers should be imported as a 'Person' in Pipdrive. Google contacts syncs very nicely with Pipedrive, you should look into it. Hope this helps. 

https://community.pipedrive.com/question/i-m-a-real-estate-agent-just-getting-started-with-pipedrive-i-d-like-to-track-th--5ed01b8a62e8785e06a91eaf?answerId=5ed13b24eea4e627815e695d

• Line Lykke Schmidt
    Line Lykke Schmidt Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2021 #12
    Options

We make a flow for specially for leads under Deals where we set up different lead stages for better managing the leads. So when a new lead comes in, we create a deal.

• Patrick Uhlmann
    Patrick Uhlmann Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #13
    Options

Hi, I use a separately Pipeline for cold Calls.
    So I have a good Tracking with own insights and I can work with automatic workflows.
    Also I see the visual the different steps and conversion.

• Christian Ayala
    edited August 2020 #14
    Options

Thank you so much, @Jennie Lau , this is exactly what I was looking for.

• Harry Maurer
    Harry Maurer Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #15
    Options

If having the new prospects in the leads section is too limiting, then add a stage called "inquiry" in your pipeline and enter them as a contact -- that way you can move them through the pipeline.  Perhaps you should use the leads section for people you would like to make contact with -- outreach.

• Christian Ayala
    edited August 2020 #16
    Options

If having the new prospects in the leads section is too limiting, then add a stage called "inquiry" in your pipeline and enter them as a contact -- that way you can move them through the pipeline.  Perhaps you should use the leads section for people you would like to make contact with -- outreach.

Good advice, thank you.  Hoping that we won't have to use a work-around in the future.

• Chuck Reilly
    Chuck Reilly Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2021 #17
    Options

Well, if you count EACH Pipedrive contact as a "deal",   you going to have an S-load of "deals" and no money ....   

• AustinRealtor
    AustinRealtor Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited August 2020 #18
    Options

Hello, 

When you add contact to your iPhone - is that in Apple's contacts or in Pipedrive?

If Pipedrive is quickly recognizing your new apple contacts, what email provider are you using?  My sync is very limited between apple and pipedrive.

• Brendan Pfahlert
    Brendan Pfahlert Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2020 #19
    Options

Hi @Christian Ayala , I work for a Document Collection SaaS company - www.fileinvite.com - imagine taking an action on a deal in pipedrive (e.g moving to a specific stage), and automatically collecting all of the required information from the borrower... Feel free to reach out if you are interested in how to set that up.

• Christian Ayala
    edited August 2020 #20
    Options

Thanks, Brendan.  We handle this in our origination platform (LOS).

• Chrissy Smith
    edited August 2020 #21
    Options

Hello, 

I'm using Outlook and it sync's quickly.

• DeniseMarie
    DeniseMarie Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited June 2022 #22
    Options

If not for the current limitations on Leads which I understand is in Beta, this would be place for cold contacts. Instead because we need to export lists to Mailchimp, we are adding as Contacts only. Too soon in process to add a deal. We used to right away but then the initial contact step in pipeline was very, very long and few actually moved through process to step 2.

• Hugo Sandall
    edited June 2022 #23
    Options

Is there a simple way to convert a "deal" back to a "lead". When I started with PD I was creating "deals" when the enquiry was just a "lead" and as Chuck rightly pointed out I have too many "deals" that should actually be "leads". I am sure this is a common problem?

• Christian Ayala
    edited August 2020 #24
    Options

Is there a simple way to convert a "deal" back to a "lead". When I started with PD I was creating "deals" when the enquiry was just a "lead" and as Chuck rightly pointed out I have too many "deals" that should actually be "leads". I am sure this is a common problem?

New functionality...https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010999378

• Jordan Allen
    Jordan Allen Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2020 #25
    Options

Hi Christian,

I have attempted to follow this however I do not have either option of dragging a deal to the bottom or the detail deal to lead view. Not sure why?

• AustinRealtor
    AustinRealtor Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited August 2020 #26
    Options

Question or suggestion.

if I convert a deal into a lead, then perform activities, will a history of the activities be kept with the deal?

Example - client decides to hold off for a couple of years.  We stay in touch via email and text a few times per year.  During that time, the clients goals change somewhat and I note it in the communication.  Later,  when client is ready  I convert back into a deal.  I want the notes from the communication while in lead status to be in the deal history.

• Christian Ayala
    edited August 2020 #27
    Options

@Jordan Allen Try contacting support.  I have the options to convert to lead in my account.

• Christian Ayala
    edited August 2020 #28
    Options

@John Stapleton The notes from lead will follow when converted to a deal.  Notes from the contact will not.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #29
    Options

Check out;    settings/workflow automation this might help. There are many tutorials on this (you tube) and I am personally in the process of creating workflow for Real Estate AML client onboarding so workflow is critical! Maybe have a look at this as a starter, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2II4my_aon4

@Hugo Sandall we're so happy to see you're using our tutorials on Youtube! Also check out all the video learning material we have in the Pipedrive Academy, where you can search by topic and learn by "modules". 🧑‍🎓