Android SMS's automatically recorded in the clients file - is this possible please?

Nicki Kane
Nicki Kane Member Posts: 45
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

I need to keep records of all my client communication, and so far the only thing that isn't recorded automatically is SMS's. Is there a way to set up an integration that when a client sends me an SMS it is automatically recorded in their file? It would be great if it could also track the whole conversation (ie my replies as well), but at the moment I'm happy to settle with what I can get!!! (PS I'm in New Zealand and our phone systems are somehow different)

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #2

Hi @Nicki Kane !

Right now we don't have a feature that does that, but I've made sure to send your suggestion to our team so they can consider it for future developments. We appreciate your input!

In the meantime, I would explore the possibilities from our Marketplace:

• use an external integration platform to make the platform that you use to send/receive SMS from talk to Pipedrive - here;
    • or explore the integrations we have that do the sending and receiving of SMS and can integrate with Pipedrive - here.

Hope that helps! 🙌

• Nicki Kane
    edited February 2022 #3

Thanks @Inês Batata , great suggestions! Nothing quite right there yet but I'll keep fingers crossed something comes up native to pipedrive- I have NO idea why our phone systems cause so much problem with this sort of thing!

• Support_1862
    Support_1862 Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #4

Thanks @Inês Batata , great suggestions! Nothing quite right there yet but I'll keep fingers crossed something comes up native to pipedrive- I have NO idea why our phone systems cause so much problem with this sort of thing!

'Justcall' will be the best option for you. It does have a smooth integration with PD

• Nicki Kane
    edited September 2020 #5

Unfortunately not with the NZ messaging system, I've looked into them a while ago and unfortunately they can't help at the moment :-(

• Dan Millen
    Dan Millen Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6

Since I don't want to change my phone number I've been using an app called Cloze which tracks sms - it's very slow and it causes a lot of duplicate contacts but they've pulled it off by having a separate app that uploads your text messages in real time to their servers.  

It's silly to have one number for calls and one for texts and then you switch jobs or switch providers and lose all your data.  

Also you may want to consider doing a deal with Mightytext - I use them to text from my computer.  Seems like these would be pretty easy since others are doing it.  

• Nicki Kane
    edited September 2020 #7

Since I don't want to change my phone number I've been using an app called Cloze which tracks sms - it's very slow and it causes a lot of duplicate contacts but they've pulled it off by having a separate app that uploads your text messages in real time to their servers.  

It's silly to have one number for calls and one for texts and then you switch jobs or switch providers and lose all your data.  

Also you may want to consider doing a deal with Mightytext - I use them to text from my computer.  Seems like these would be pretty easy since others are doing it.  

Thanks Dan, great suggestions to follow up!

• MEIR HUBARA
    MEIR HUBARA Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021 #8

Hi

Did you manage it?