How do you handle all the different touch points by prospects/leads/customers?

Dereck Breuning
Dereck Breuning Member Posts: 49
First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

For example: you get a support ticket in Zendesk and a deal/person/org is available in Pipedrive you will have to create an integration somewhere like Zapier to integrate the two. Of course these are only two examples. So how you do you handle all these touch points well?

I'm struggling with this for our business since we're a small business. I guess lots of you on here are small businesses too.  We use a few different tools to manage all this:

• Mailchimp
  • Zendesk
  • Pipedrive
  • Leadfeeder
  • Livechat

It can become quite a fulltime job to connect all these together and have it run well.

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Dereck Breuning , thank you for your question, I'm sure a lot of other members here have or are going through the same!

I took the liberty of adding some more relevant tags to your post to give it more visibility, and pinned to the main feed. Let's see what answers you get and start a discussion 😉

• Dereck Breuning
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020 #3

Hi @Dereck Breuning , thank you for your question, I'm sure a lot of other members here have or are going through the same!

I took the liberty of adding some more relevant tags to your post to give it more visibility, and pinned to the main feed. Let's see what answers you get and start a discussion 😉

Great, thank you @Inês Batata!

• Marco Govoni
    Marco Govoni Member Posts: 149
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #4

Yes, integration with some different tools is difficult. I switched Mailchimp to Mailigen for this reason!

But there is another "problem": I hope in the future you can select/change the Source field in the Lead Inbox to assign correct source to the lead!

• NICHOLAS JONES
    NICHOLAS JONES Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

What are you trying to accomplish in your funnel, at what points? 

I always look to see what I can synthesize into another tool. But I usually like to analyze my sales strategy first to see what I can tighten up in process or approach.  If none of that can work maybe get a developer to see if they can create some type of custom integration tool for you. 

Ultimately, you're always wanting the information to go to one dashboard or one tool. 

• Dereck Breuning
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020 #6

Yes, integration with some different tools is difficult. I switched Mailchimp to Mailigen for this reason!

But there is another "problem": I hope in the future you can select/change the Source field in the Lead Inbox to assign correct source to the lead!

Isnt this doable with a custom field and something like Zapier?

• Dereck Breuning
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020 #7

What are you trying to accomplish in your funnel, at what points? 

I always look to see what I can synthesize into another tool. But I usually like to analyze my sales strategy first to see what I can tighten up in process or approach.  If none of that can work maybe get a developer to see if they can create some type of custom integration tool for you. 

Ultimately, you're always wanting the information to go to one dashboard or one tool. 

The main goal is to get an as complete picture as possible on all the ways someone been in contact with us so informed actions can be made. For example: Zendesk and Pipedrive are not connected but if you're a sales person you won't use/or be in Zendesk but you are in Pipedrive. You will then miss out on important conversations in another tool which could help the sales person perform better. 

And how do you reach this goal? 

• Carla_741
    Carla_741 Member Posts: 19
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #8

Hi Derek, workflow automation using zappier is possible. Zendesks integrates with Pipedrive and i think all of the apps you are detailling does.

I recommend you map the all the workflow between apps, prioritize them using a productivity/efficiency criteria and create Automation Roadmap/plan. Then select the most important ones, which one will generate more time to sell or to improve customer service?  . Create the fields you need on the apps and run the automation on zappier. I recommend a test run period and evaluate how it works, is really increasing productivity? If it does, and is a keeper, implement and train your staff to ensure usage. The follow to the next workflow automation on your roadmap. 

Let me know if this helps

• Dereck Breuning
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020 #9
    Carla said:

Hi Derek, workflow automation using zappier is possible. Zendesks integrates with Pipedrive and i think all of the apps you are detailling does.

I recommend you map the all the workflow between apps, prioritize them using a productivity/efficiency criteria and create Automation Roadmap/plan. Then select the most important ones, which one will generate more time to sell or to improve customer service?  . Create the fields you need on the apps and run the automation on zappier. I recommend a test run period and evaluate how it works, is really increasing productivity? If it does, and is a keeper, implement and train your staff to ensure usage. The follow to the next workflow automation on your roadmap. 

Let me know if this helps

Thank you @Carla. Yes this helps. Its also a matter of just doing it I guess. Thanks for the tips!