Account Based Marketing/Sales and Pipedrive

John Shelburne
John Shelburne Member Posts: 41
First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hello - I wanted to know if anyone was incorporating Pipedrive into an ABM model?
I would like to aggregate all of our marketing metrics into Pipedrive and I am curious if anyone else is trying to do the same.

Comments

• Ryan Hickey
    Ryan Hickey Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021 #2

This is something we will be exploring in the coming months, too. Let's keep in touch. 

• Daniel Dahlström
    Daniel Dahlström Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2022 #3

Has anyone of you done an ABM implementation in Pipedrive?
    In that case I'm really interested in a hands on guide on how you didi it

• Juhani Polkko
    Juhani Polkko Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2021 #4

Would love to learn more. I feel that Pipedrive may not be the best tool for ABM, but I could be wrong?

• Gerome Drypond
    Gerome Drypond Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2021 #5

Any  News about ABM and Pipedrive?

• Daniel Dahlström
    Daniel Dahlström Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #6

I have actually used HubSpot Sales and Marketing Hub Pro as well, and there are no real wow features related to ABM.

Below is a selection from HubSpot ABM documentation with some of my own remarks.

With ABM activated in HubSpot you get some new properties related to ABM

Contact properties

Buying role: identifies the role that a contact plays during the sales process. Contacts can have more than one role, and they can share the same role with another contact. Example property options are Decision MakerBudget Holder, Influencer, and Blocker

Company properties 

Target account: identifies the companies that you are marketing and selling to as part of your account-based strategy. This is a single checkbox property. Set it to True, and it is identified as a target account. 

Ideal customer profile tier: represents how close a company matches your ideal customer profile in three tiers. Companies that are Tier 1 should be a great fit for your products/services, where Tier 3 might be acceptable, but low priority.

To get the above, all you need is the possibility to create custom tags on Companies and Contacts, and generate dynamic lists based on these tags. 

The interesting ABM features is related to targeting specific accounts

Recommended accounts - its some sort of lookalike feature, nice if you have a huge market and salesteam, otherwise it's not really necessary since ABM is all about targeting specific accounts that match your Tier 1,2 or 3 ICP

Create contact and company lists

All contacts labelled as an Influencer

All contacts labelled as a Champion

All contacts labelled as an Budget Holder

All contacts labelled as an Decision Maker

All contacts with a Buying Role

All contacts associated with target accounts

You can also create company lists for further targeting.

The most useful feature is to create ads for your target accounts

If you've connected your LinkedIn Ads account to HubSpot, you can create a company list audience to automatically sync companies from your target accounts or a specific company profile tier to the matched audience in LinkedIn.

When creating a contact list audience, you can also select the default ABM contact lists.

For this to be automated there is workflows that update your ABM properties based on the segmentation of your choice. For eg annual revenue, visited pricing page x times, has one or more contacts related, industry, country, number of employees and so on. When it matches the segment for target accounts, and get that tag, it is pushed to Linkedin for retargeting. 

As you can see, almost all this data is already in Pipedrive. The main features is tags, lists and integration to LinkedIn ads. 

Im going to try to do a setup in Pipedrive, and the missing features, I just might solve by developing a Pipedrive ABM addon.

• Olli Murto
    Olli Murto Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited December 2021 #7

I have actually used HubSpot Sales and Marketing Hub Pro as well, and there are no real wow features related to ABM.

Below is a selection from HubSpot ABM documentation with some of my own remarks.

With ABM activated in HubSpot you get some new properties related to ABM

Contact properties

Buying role: identifies the role that a contact plays during the sales process. Contacts can have more than one role, and they can share the same role with another contact. Example property options are Decision MakerBudget Holder, Influencer, and Blocker

Company properties 

Target account: identifies the companies that you are marketing and selling to as part of your account-based strategy. This is a single checkbox property. Set it to True, and it is identified as a target account. 

Ideal customer profile tier: represents how close a company matches your ideal customer profile in three tiers. Companies that are Tier 1 should be a great fit for your products/services, where Tier 3 might be acceptable, but low priority.

To get the above, all you need is the possibility to create custom tags on Companies and Contacts, and generate dynamic lists based on these tags. 

The interesting ABM features is related to targeting specific accounts

Recommended accounts - its some sort of lookalike feature, nice if you have a huge market and salesteam, otherwise it's not really necessary since ABM is all about targeting specific accounts that match your Tier 1,2 or 3 ICP

Create contact and company lists

All contacts labelled as an Influencer

All contacts labelled as a Champion

All contacts labelled as an Budget Holder

All contacts labelled as an Decision Maker

All contacts with a Buying Role

All contacts associated with target accounts

You can also create company lists for further targeting.

The most useful feature is to create ads for your target accounts

If you've connected your LinkedIn Ads account to HubSpot, you can create a company list audience to automatically sync companies from your target accounts or a specific company profile tier to the matched audience in LinkedIn.

When creating a contact list audience, you can also select the default ABM contact lists.

For this to be automated there is workflows that update your ABM properties based on the segmentation of your choice. For eg annual revenue, visited pricing page x times, has one or more contacts related, industry, country, number of employees and so on. When it matches the segment for target accounts, and get that tag, it is pushed to Linkedin for retargeting. 

As you can see, almost all this data is already in Pipedrive. The main features is tags, lists and integration to LinkedIn ads. 

Im going to try to do a setup in Pipedrive, and the missing features, I just might solve by developing a Pipedrive ABM addon.

thanks for sharing Daniel!

• Martina Schlager
    Martina Schlager Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #8

I'll second that - we have now over 2000 identified ABM-Opportunities in Pipedrive and a multitude of workarounds to create a ABM-workflow, but Pipedrive is a NET not a SPEAR:

• Darryl Viljoen
    Darryl Viljoen Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2022 #9

Has anyone of you done an ABM implementation in Pipedrive?
    In that case I'm really interested in a hands on guide on how you didi it

Doesn't look like Pipedrive and ABM are fit from what I'm seeing through the threads.