using Products with % of transaction revenue model

Tyrone_11828
Tyrone_11828 Member Posts: 3
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Has anyone,  used products that use Percentange of transaction instead of a fix $ amount?

i.e. we are a SaaS company to the hospitality industry and charge X% of the transactions that going through the software) can I use product for this?

Comments

• Matthias Willberg
    Matthias Willberg Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi Tyrone,

we're not working with such products but luckily I saw a community post today which can halp you solving it:

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/pipedrive-rechnen-lassen-5f33f3fb4d8332742b4244e3

Unfortunately it is in German but I hope the video will help you to understand.

I short words: 

Create a custom field for your percentage price and use the tool Integromat to calculate the price.

I hope that can help you.

Best regards, Matthias

• Scott Krause
    Scott Krause Member Posts: 9
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #3

Hi Tyrone,

we're not working with such products but luckily I saw a community post today which can halp you solving it:

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/pipedrive-rechnen-lassen-5f33f3fb4d8332742b4244e3

Unfortunately it is in German but I hope the video will help you to understand.

I short words: 

Create a custom field for your percentage price and use the tool Integromat to calculate the price.

I hope that can help you.

Best regards, Matthias

Matthias, We have this same problem in loading our real estate listings as "products".   I noticed that Pipedrive is advertising to real estate agents more lately. This will be an issue for ALL agents. Can you add this simple percentage (%) field to the field options rather than having a "work-around"?? 

• Matthias Willberg
    Matthias Willberg Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2020 #4

Sorry, I'm only a Pipdrive user. I just found this post and wanted to help a bit...
    I hope that the Pipdrive developers will answer on your request too.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #5

@Tyrone and @Scott Krause unfortunately there are no calculating fields in Pipedrive at the moment, I'll pass on your feedback :)

Right now you'd have to create these custom fields and fill it in manually or indeed work with an automated solutions and third parties that pull out the information, calculate it and then put it back in.

• Adam Baker
    Adam Baker Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2020 #6

@Tyrone and @Scott Krause unfortunately there are no calculating fields in Pipedrive at the moment, I'll pass on your feedback :)

Right now you'd have to create these custom fields and fill it in manually or indeed work with an automated solutions and third parties that pull out the information, calculate it and then put it back in.

I too would love this field, I am a mortgage broker and get paid a percentage of the deal amount.  I would think that there are many industries working on a percentage basis.  Well worth investing some time in, my bet would that there would be a big take up of this field.

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #7

@Matthias Willberg  Thank you for referring to our video!  :-) And sorry, that it is not in english. We are focussed on the German speaking market and it is still an USP to deliver content in our language. But you are perfectly right: You can use Integromat easily to do such a calculation.

@Tyrone Please let me know if I can be of any assistance! This is done in a couple of minutes.