Customer / Account Management in PD

Karim Nemr
Karim Nemr Member Posts: 1

Hi there

PD is a great tool for driving sales - but it still really lacks the capabilities for Account Management after the sale is done, in order to be considered as a full fletched CRM.

Is there any plan to add a "Customers" tab, similar to what you have done with "Leads" (which will be usable once email integration and insights are implemented)?

Right now, the only way I found to somewhat work with it is to duplicate deals to a new Pipeline, once a deal is Won. However, this comes with some issues and is only a half-baked workaround. We do need a way to properly manage existing customers for upselling, customer success, insights etc.

If this, or something similar is not planned, we might have to move away from PD which would be a real shame.

Thanks!

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited July 2022 #2

Hi @Karim Nemr 

I and the team here agrees with you! We're exploring at the moment internally how moving forward we can improve Account management inside Pipedrive. It will still take some time but expect us to work on that!

• Greg Horvath
    Greg Horvath Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #3

@Mike van der Valk any specificity on how long "some time" is. Just bumping this request. Cheers.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2021 #4

@Mike van der Valk any specificity on how long "some time" is. Just bumping this request. Cheers.

Hi @Greg Horvath at the moment it wasn't prioritised yet as we wanted to further focus on the core sales functionality. I know however that it's still on the wishlist, once we get bandwith in the team we'll further explore this but it's on hold at the moment.

• Scott Greenwald
    Scott Greenwald Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #5

Hello,

Any updates on this?  We have been using Pipedrive for years and think it's a great sales tool, but we are struggling with our account management needs and would love an integrated solution from PD.

Thanks.

Scott

• Benedikt Heinen
    Benedikt Heinen Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi @Karim Nemr 

I and the team here agrees with you! We're exploring at the moment internally how moving forward we can improve Account management inside Pipedrive. It will still take some time but expect us to work on that!

Hi Mike, 

any news about using pipedrive for Account Management?

• Gabriel Mafra
    Gabriel Mafra Posts: 5
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited June 2022 #7

Hi @Karim Nemr 

Hi, @Benedikt Heinen, good news for you, I guess. We have started exploring how the Account Management experience should be built into what Pipedrive currently delivers and our expectation is to have something useful before the end of the year. 

The team is prototyping some solutions as of now, so things are moving forward. 

• Mark Goosen
    Mark Goosen Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #8

Hi @Karim Nemr 

Hi there, any updates on the Account Management tooling? 

• Gabriel Mafra
    edited June 2022 #9

Hi @Karim Nemr 

Hey, Mark, yes, we have moved forward with our prototype and are in the process of finalizing our beta, which will be tested with a small batch of users. 

Once we get this initial feedback, and the feature itself looks stable, we will be inviting more users to it and hopefully have something for all of Pipedrive users soon!

• Mark Goosen
    Mark Goosen Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #10

Hi @Karim Nemr 

Thanks for the update.  Exciting times, looking forward to it! 

• Adam Pierce_83850
    Adam Pierce_83850 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #11

Hi @Karim Nemr 

Hi Gabriel, this is great news. Do you have an idea of when this will be rolled out for more users? Thanks!

• Gabriel Mafra
    edited July 2022 #12

Hello,

Any updates on this?  We have been using Pipedrive for years and think it's a great sales tool, but we are struggling with our account management needs and would love an integrated solution from PD.

Thanks.

Scott

Hi Scott, 

I just came across this message of yours, and I would like to tell you that we are currently testing a Beta for Account Management - we've opened to a few Pipedrive users in order for us to gather feedback and test some of the components we're building and hopefully we'll be able to launch a solution in the near future. 

If you would like to be part of our beta, please share with me your Pipedrive email, so I can send you the invite for the next batch of users we will be inviting. 

Again, thanks for showing interest!

• Gabriel Mafra
    edited July 2022 #13

Hi @Karim Nemr 

Hello, Adam, Mark and Benedikt, 

We have launched the beta to a few users about two weeks ago and the goal now is to gather some feedback, do some enhancements and then see if what we have is valuable to be released for a wider audience. 

I would like to invite you to join the beta, if you want, knowing that it is a testing phase, meaning that the feature is not done yet and that some things could be clunky. If you want to participate, please share with me your Pipedrive emails, so I can add you to our next invitation batch!

Thanks!

• Dora Palfi
    Dora Palfi Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #14

Hello,

Thanks.

Scott

Hi Gabriel! I would be interested in being a beta user, my pipedrive email is dora@imagilabs.com

• tmotzkus
    tmotzkus Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi Gabriel,

we would also be super happy to test the beta version! My pipedrive mail is torsten.motzkus@alpas.ai. Thank you!

• Rafa
    Rafa Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Hello Gabriel,

Can I still try the beta version? I would love to... thank you!!

My email is rafael.fer.3105@gmail.com

• Hi Gabriel,

can I still try the beta version?

I really like to try it out.

johan.lagerstam@nethouse.se

• hi @Gabriel Mafra

we'd love to participate in the BETA portion as well. can you please send me a note to test this out? we've been long-term users of Pipedrive, but really need to expand on our Account Management support as well through here. annie@webenertia.com

• Mark H
    Mark H Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hello, has this got any further since late 2022? I would also be interested in trying out the beta version of Account management.

• Julie Pickrell
    Julie Pickrell Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I would also be interested in beta testing. Julie.Pickrell@vizlib.com