Tagging for Micro-targeting, email marketing

Robert Ordway
Robert Ordway Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I have a personal (digital) Rolodex of over 10k people as I've been in various sectors of life: politics, business, non-profits etc. Some of these folks fall into multiple categories: I want to solicit them for fundraising for politics or perhaps a local do-gooder non-profit, others I'd like to do direct sales via my custom clothing or personal training business. 

While there are custom fields in PD, I dont see where I can add multiple tags to contacts so then I can filter and tailor a (email) marketing campaign directly without overshooting to uninterested parties. 

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Robert Ordway 

If you pick the multiple-option type of custom field you can do exactly that. If you want however tags for industy, hobbies you name it then you can also create multiple fields to tag them in and combine those in filters.

• Vanessa Warheit_46284
    Vanessa Warheit_46284 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2021 #3

Hi @Robert Ordway 

If you pick the multiple-option type of custom field you can do exactly that. If you want however tags for industy, hobbies you name it then you can also create multiple fields to tag them in and combine those in filters.

Can you say more about this? "create multiple fields to tag them in and combine those in filters" I had the same question, figured out the first workaround (multiple-option type of custom field) - but I don't understand the second option. Thanks!