Prospector- Leads-Double Company records

Options
Hans van der Schaaf
Hans van der Schaaf Member Posts: 10
First Comment

Hello PD,

I see that Leads generated via Prospector create a double company registration. 

For example, I select a company in prospector in order to search for extra DMU contact details. When I want to import a new DMU it is only possible by creating a  new Lead. The new Leads contains the DMU name and e-mail and is connected to their current company. But when this company already exists in Pipedrive, the new lead creation registers a double records of the company. Why is that? Why don't I get the chance the connect the new DMU to an existing company myself?

A part from this, why are only the name and the e-mail address imported by creating a new lead? The information shown in Prospector contains so much more valuable information!

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited September 2020 #2
    Options

Hi @Hans van der Schaaf 

Thanks for that info, passing it on to our team here working on the Prospector. And I'll get back to you on it.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Hans van der Schaaf can you tell me what you mean by DMU?

• Hans van der Schaaf
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #4
    Options

Decission Making Unit  = the responsable person making  the decissions and signs contracts.

In our case CFO's, COO, CHRO ect.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #5
    Options

Thanks @Hans van der Schaaf our team looked into it and we found indeed some discrepancies, we'll work on it, thanks for letting us know!

Regarding the other valuable data. Our team is working on custom fields support for leads, once that's done we can better store this, right now we do it in a note.

• Hans van der Schaaf
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

Thanks @Mike van der Valk  that would be great for us and our team.  I just discovered that the prospector isn't available for us anymore. I thought you arranged that the Beta period was extended for us until 22nd of sept ?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #7
    Options

Thanks @Mike van der Valk  that would be great for us and our team.  I just discovered that the prospector isn't available for us anymore. I thought you arranged that the Beta period was extended for us until 22nd of sept ?

@Hans van der Schaaf let me check it out!

• Hans van der Schaaf
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #8
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  Sorry Prospector is open now, thanks 

• Hans van der Schaaf
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #9
    Options

It's oke it works, sorry must have been a hick-up