What Marketing Automation software do you use?

Options
James Callaghan
James Callaghan Member Posts: 6

Hi,

Keen to hear from others with tips and recommendations for marketing automation software that links well with Pipedrive.

We currently using ActiveCampaign and not overly delighted with it. Evaluating ActiveDemand later this week but have reservations on that.

What MA apps do you use and would you recommend them?

Ta,

James

Comments

• Janis Rozenblats
    Janis Rozenblats Posts: 169 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2020 #2
    Options

@James Callaghan obviously it depends on the use case, promblem you are solving and tools you are looking for. I can recommend to look at http://mailigen.com email marketing automation platform acquired by Pipedrive recently. With it's robust integration https://support.mailigen.com/mailigen-pipedrive you could get a lot done.

• James Callaghan
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Janis,

Thanks for the reply. Funny enough I'd taken a quick look at Mailigen last night and from your link there it looks like a good fit. Will roadtest it and feedback.

Cheers,

James

• Janis Rozenblats
    Janis Rozenblats Posts: 169 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2020 #4
    Options

Hi Janis,

Thanks for the reply. Funny enough I'd taken a quick look at Mailigen last night and from your link there it looks like a good fit. Will roadtest it and feedback.

Cheers,

James

That's great. If you need any assistance getting started then @Gints Branks will be your go to person ;) 

• Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

@James Callaghan , if you go to marketing automation category in PD marketplace , you'll see more possible solutions, ranked by popularity.

I'm an ex-Pipedriver and co-founder of Outfunnel that's handily ranked among the first, most probably because of our super tight Pipedrive integration. Plus our revenue marketing features like website tracking, lead scoring and integrated reporting. I'm biased, but would recommend checking it out. 

• James Callaghan
    edited September 2020 #6
    Options

Hi Janis,

Cheers,

James

Thanks again Janis!

• James Callaghan
    edited September 2020 #7
    Options

@James Callaghan , if you go to marketing automation category in PD marketplace , you'll see more possible solutions, ranked by popularity.

I'm an ex-Pipedriver and co-founder of Outfunnel that's handily ranked among the first, most probably because of our super tight Pipedrive integration. Plus our revenue marketing features like website tracking, lead scoring and integrated reporting. I'm biased, but would recommend checking it out. 

Thanks for the reply Andrus. Vendor bias is all good! ;-)

I did look at Outfunnel but found the Mailchimp requirement a bit odd. I'd need to have MC to make OF function, is that right?

Is your website tracking IP based? We're a B2C company so tracking via IP would be the only way to get user activity data. It's a bit of a crucial feature for us, so we know who to call and when.

Ta,

James

• Andrus Purde
    edited September 2020 #8
    Options

We offer our own email functionality, so using MC is not a pre-requirement but an additional option for users that need lots of design and template options. 

Could you elaborate what you mean by IP-based website tracking, or how you'd like the web tracking to work? Our web tracking is based on user cookie that is identified either upon clicking an email or filling a form on your site. Once identified, we track all their subsequent website visits and record these to Pipedrive.

• James Callaghan
    edited September 2020 #9
    Options

Yeah that's exactly the feature I mean. Subsequent web visits, email reopens and link clicks all raise the lead score for us.

Do you have a link to an example of your email templates? We don't need anything particularly in-depth, just fresh, modern design options.

Ta,

James

• Andrus Purde
    edited September 2020 #10
    Options

Right now Outfunnel's default is simple, personal-looking emails (that you can add images etc to). We're looking to add our first batch of modern b2b email templates in Q4, so alas I can't send you a link at this stage.

There's also the workaround of importing html created in other tools such as Mailchimp or specific template creation tools eg. Stripo 

• James Callaghan
    edited September 2020 #11
    Options

Great. Thanks for that Andrus. I took a trial account there to look at the editor.

We send a lot of plain text comms but do need some decent templates on a regular basis for now so this wouldn't quite hit the mark just yet.

I'll keep an eye on developments in Q4 and see if we have a good fit then.

Ta,

James