Creating a deal through Zappier

Emmanuel clemot
Emmanuel clemot Member Posts: 3

hello, I am trying to send my MQL  from my marketing platform(Plezi) to pipedrive. For some reasons i manage to create the deal, but in my zap i specified where to get the organsation name and the person name, but those fields are not filled in pipedrive. Any idea why the organisation name and the contact name are not repprted? Thanks

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited September 2020 #2

Can't say for sure if you're doing this already, without seeing your setup, but you need to first search the Org ID and the Person ID and pass this information to the Deal.

• Emmanuel clemot
    Emmanuel clemot Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #3

ok. thanks Amit. So does this mean that you need to create first the org id and the person id. Can't this be done automatically when creating the opportunity as we do it manually in pipedrive?

Cheers

edited September 2020 #4

ok. thanks Amit. So does this mean that you need to create first the org id and the person id. Can't this be done automatically when creating the opportunity as we do it manually in pipedrive?

Cheers

As I said, I can't say for sure without looking at your ZAP setup.

Even in Pipedrive, even though it may seem that you're creating both/all 3 at the same time, beneath the surface, the order of creation of records is: the Org, the Person, the Deal.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited September 2020 #5

@Emmanuel clemot if the contact and org are not there yet in Pipedrive you need to create these first. In the following order: org, person, deal. 

If they are already in Pipedrive then like Amit suggested, add the search step for them first to retrieve the ID to link it to.

edited January 2022 #6