First name and last name locking

Options
Kevin Meynard
Kevin Meynard Member Posts: 6
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi, I've been trying to find a solution to this problem, but so far no luck. I would like to lock or precisely give to my contact a first name and a last name so that when I do group emails they don't get mixed up with middle names, and double barrel last names.

F.ex I have quite a few contacts such as John Van der Smith, which when I put a first name in my email template sends an email with "Dear John Van".

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 188 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Being Dutch, I'm guessing you've seen this problem a lot. Any good solutions you recommend?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Kevin Meynard ,

Quite recently we implemented some new logic for these type of names. If you edit the name and then save it again it should work properly. We also created a new feature where you could split first- and last name into 2 different fields. Let me know if you'd like me to enable that for you :) 

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Separating First Name & Last Name would resolve this issue

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2020 #5
    Options

Separating First Name & Last Name would resolve this issue

@Boris Tsibelman we have a new feature we are working on that does this, it's not fully rolled out yet we're working on it :) 

• Kevin Meynard
    edited March 2020 #6
    Options

Hi @Kevin Meynard ,

Quite recently we implemented some new logic for these type of names. If you edit the name and then save it again it should work properly. We also created a new feature where you could split first- and last name into 2 different fields. Let me know if you'd like me to enable that for you :) 

Yes that would be great. I have lots of these names, and I end up having to manually send emails as opposed to just mass sending. Thanks!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2020 #7
    Options

Hi @Kevin Meynard ,

@Kevin Meynard Please logout and back into your account and check the details of your contact persons, it should be live now to split up the first- and last name field. Let me know if it worked out :) 

• Kevin Meynard
    edited March 2020 #8
    Options

Hi @Kevin Meynard ,

Hi Mike, yes seem to be all good now! Thanks!

• Paul van Heeringen
    Paul van Heeringen Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Hi Mike, please enable the new feature which allows my team to split first- and last name into 2 different fields. Thanx in advance!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #10
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Hi Mike, please enable the new feature which allows my team to split first- and last name into 2 different fields. Thanx in advance!

🚀 done @Paul van Heeringen 

• Paul van Heeringen
    Paul van Heeringen Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2020 #11
    Options

Works great! Thanx.

• Hugo Porras
    Hugo Porras Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #12
    Options

Hi Mike, can you activate this function in my account please? I want to input first name and last name manually and separately, Thank you @Mike van der Valk 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #13
    Options

Hi Mike, can you activate this function in my account please? I want to input first name and last name manually and separately, Thank you @Mike van der Valk 

Hi @Hugo Porras 

It's switched on, enjoy!

• Jean Létourneau
    Jean Létourneau Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #14
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Hi mike can you activate this function in my account also, please? I would like to contact my clients using the last name first. I want to know if there is a way we can change the way we see the alphabetic filter on people's view I have É and I would like to see it next to E not at the end

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #15
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Hi mike can you activate this function in my account also, please? I would like to contact my clients using the last name first. I want to know if there is a way we can change the way we see the alphabetic filter on people's view I have É and I would like to see it next to E not at the end

Hi @Jean Létourneau it's on, have fun!

• Fréderique Debecker
    Fréderique Debecker Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #16
    Options

@Mike van der Valk can you activate this function on our Pipedrive account too.

many thanks for your help and support

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #17
    Options

@Mike van der Valk can you activate this function on our Pipedrive account too.

many thanks for your help and support

@Fréderique Debecker it's on! :) 

• David Yerks
    David Yerks Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #18
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Can you activate this function on our Pipedrive account as well?

Thanks for your help!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #19
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Can you activate this function on our Pipedrive account as well?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @David Yerks it's on have fun!

• Katerina Alimpieva
    Katerina Alimpieva Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #20
    Options

@Mike van der Valk heyy can we also have this function? Also, will it be shown in Contacts forms? I see that it actually has the ability to split names if I compose an email in pipedrive but there's no dividing when looking at Person.  It's critical for us in integration with zapier -  will name be divided when integrating google sheets to pipedrive via zapier? for now, we only have the option to import "name". 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #21
    Options

@Mike van der Valk heyy can we also have this function? Also, will it be shown in Contacts forms? I see that it actually has the ability to split names if I compose an email in pipedrive but there's no dividing when looking at Person.  It's critical for us in integration with zapier -  will name be divided when integrating google sheets to pipedrive via zapier? for now, we only have the option to import "name". 

Hi @Katerina Alimpieva it's on for your account. You can now split up the names in your contact list by adding the columns there and you will also in the detail view of your contact person in the left detail panel see the first- and last name split up. 

When you request the contact person via API we also split up the first- and last name fields. So technically Zapier should be able to handle it. In case it doesn't yet then it's an update on their end they have to make.

• Stephen Holmes
    Stephen Holmes Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@Mike van der Valk

Would it be possible to activate this on our account as well please?

Thanks, Steve.

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

@Stephen Holmes done, have fun!

• Eric Super
    Eric Super Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Hey, this looks wonderful. Is there a way we could test this feature on our account please ?

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi @Eric Pellerin it's on now :)

• Eric Super
    Eric Super Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2022 #26
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk, is there any chance we could activate this feature on our sandbox please ?

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

@Eric Super it was already on I can see :)

• salmawisoky
    salmawisoky Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited June 2023 #28
    Options

@Drift Boss This looks wonderful.