Feature Request - Deal Approvals

Options
Jay Graves
Jay Graves Member Posts: 14
5 Likes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

It would be great if a sales leader could approve a Deal before it either moved to a specific stage or could be marked as Won. That would save us a lot of headaches before we move a sold deal into production.

Tagged:

Comments

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

You can do this with a custom field like "approved" and a single option "yes". And the professional license with the required fields. And use some workflow automations for the approval process. Alternatively, with the advanced license you do have a "workflow alarm system". Receiving an email when a deal is moved without the approved checkbox marked. 

For further best practices I would need some more background information on your process :-) 

Besides that: I heard that a functionality like this is "taken into consideration" for the new document creation functionality. Not on the roadmap yet, but the idea is not new :-)

• Tony Howell_54778
    Tony Howell_54778 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021 #3
    Options

You can do this with a custom field like "approved" and a single option "yes". And the professional license with the required fields. And use some workflow automations for the approval process. Alternatively, with the advanced license you do have a "workflow alarm system". Receiving an email when a deal is moved without the approved checkbox marked. 

For further best practices I would need some more background information on your process :-) 

Besides that: I heard that a functionality like this is "taken into consideration" for the new document creation functionality. Not on the roadmap yet, but the idea is not new :-)

Bernd - great ideas and definitely a way to create the "alert" that something moved and was missing certain information such as "approved" - even auto-move it back to the stage from whence it came...!

I'm interested in creating a "deal summary or abstract" with the primary terms of the deal that are needed for review and consideration as part of the approval....

Any recommendations?  "Custom Field Panel" // "SmartDoc"

Management doesn't want to wade through the PD - they want "just the facts" germane to their review...