First activity date/time

Options
Perlin Gentil
Perlin Gentil Member Posts: 5

Hello Pipedrive Team,

Just wanted to reiterate my proposition to create a column "First activity date" for the deals filters. I proposed this a year ago already.

All the inbound leads coming from our website are automatically and immediately integrated to Pipedrive. It creates a deal in the first stage of the Pipeline.

Replying fast to a warm lead is a very very important factor in the win rate. Calling someone in 5 minutes. 1 hour or 1 day makes a HUGE difference (I don't need to explain you this). 

For this reason, it is very very important to track this very closely and challenge our teams. The only way I see to do this would be to check the time difference between deal creation date/time and first activity date/time. Correct me if I am wrong, but "First activity date/time" doesn't exist yet (?)

Do you plan to have this feature at some point? Would be great to know if somehow your product managers have this in the development pipeline or if they have thought about it before. 
If yes, to have an estimation when it could be delivered. 

I am surprised that you don't have this field already. I can't be the only one asking you for this. 

Regards,
Perlin - JamesEdition.com

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited September 2020 #2
    Options

Hi @Perlin Gentil 

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately we don't have plans for this at the moment but I do see your use case. I'll make sure our team sees your suggestion, I agree this would be a great addition to Pipedrive.

There's one way for you right now to already get this information, but it takes a little effort unfortunately. You could use our open API for this: https://developers.pipedrive.com/docs/api/v1/?showExamples#/

You could pull all the deals and indeed the information of when they were created. You can then also pull all activities with their creation and marked as done times. If the activities are linked to deals they will have that ID visible as well. On your side you can then compare these times of the activities with the creation dates/times of the deals linked to them.

It's not ideal and takes some custom work but could be done by someone with the technical knowledge.
    Hope at least it helps a bit or gave you some ideas. Nonetheless, I'll make sure our team sees your suggestion!

• Perlin Gentil
    Perlin Gentil Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2020 #3
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Hi, 

Thanks for the answer! Def something we have the capacities to do. 
    This is great! Didn't know about it. 

• Fredrik Holmén
    Fredrik Holmén Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2021 #4
    Options

Amir in support came up with the idea to do an automation together with a custom field. Here is his film - https://sharing.pipedrive.com/tUa5UH

So step by step:

• Create a custom field for ( deal/leads ) date type
    • create an automation ( deal is created ) action ( update lead field > select the custom field and select in the same day )
    • when the lead is created > the automation will update the custom field with today's date
    • when the lead is converted to deal > you will be able to add the custom field in the deal list view so you can have both fields the deal created and also the lead created custom field date
  • Tony Bobo
    Tony Bobo Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Options

Hi Everyone, we are looking for the same. That metric is so important to track and it would be great to have a simpler way than having to do some custom work via the API.

I can see that this conversation is from a while ago, do you know if Pipedrive created a possibility to track this or do we still have to do it via the API?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

Can be done via Automation, and maybe a calculated field. If not, can be done using Make/Integromat or Zapier.