Hello to the best community ever! Please advise me further on this - GoogleDrive integration.

Hossein Mohsenian_8278
Hossein Mohsenian_8278 Member Posts: 78
5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

GoogleDrive integration

I have accessed GoogleDrive via Pipedrive (Documents - BETA) and uploaded a file (Share Link). Plus in the 'setting' I have set SHARE ALL GOOGLE DRIVE FILES WITH OTHER PIPEDRIVE USERS IN YOUR COMPANY!

Despite the above any other user in my company is having difficulties to access the file. If I have to set the access (a file in GoogleDrive) to individual people, then why we have the above option? (SHARE ALL GOOGLE DRIVE FILES WITH OTHER PIPEDRIVE USERS IN YOUR COMPANY!)

Comments

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 188 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Hossein Mohsenian ,

I can understand the frustration here in needing to share it in both locations, but it's essentially a safety mechanism so that if they're shared only on Drive, but you don't want them shared in PD they won't be. Same with the Settings in PD. Again, just an issue of extra security (that can be a bit of a hassle).

• Flip Nolen
    Flip Nolen Member Posts: 94
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

@Hossein Mohsenian what is your exact use case here so I can replicate and see if there's a better solution for what you're doing?

• Hossein Mohsenian_8278
    edited October 2020 #4

Hi @Hossein Mohsenian ,

I can understand the frustration here in needing to share it in both locations, but it's essentially a safety mechanism so that if they're shared only on Drive, but you don't want them shared in PD they won't be. Same with the Settings in PD. Again, just an issue of extra security (that can be a bit of a hassle).

@David Lorbiecke THANK YOU. That is understood, however it's about practicality and user friendliness. 

• Hossein Mohsenian_8278
    edited October 2020 #5

@Hossein Mohsenian what is your exact use case here so I can replicate and see if there's a better solution for what you're doing?

Using GoogleDrive storage instead Pipedrive is the main objective. 'Storage' is the key. @Felicity Nolen  Thank you in advance

• Flip Nolen
    edited October 2020 #6

@Hossein Mohsenian so what sort of documents for "storage"? Are you meaning you're wanting to save documents you're sending to clients via email to Google Drive?

• Hossein Mohsenian_8278
    edited October 2020 #7

@Felicity Nolen Our business requires to attach many files for a deal, sometimes 50 to 100 MB per deal. Hence we would like to make sure we S T O R E the attachments in Google Drive and not necessarily Pipedrive. Why?

1. In Google Drive we have better folder structure
    2. As we have unlimited space with Google we are not worried if Pipedrive limits the storage per deal (or per account) in the future
    3. To access those files by another software in our company we'd NOT necessarily need to integrate with Pipedrive, but common and easy integration with GoogleDrive would help.

Cheers Felicity, I am writing for you from Adelaide (Australia), what about you?

• Flip Nolen
    edited October 2020 #8

Hey there @Hossein Mohsenian

I'm in Leeton in the Riverina, NSW :)

If you are sending 50-100 files per deal, perhaps you could consider creating an individual client folder in Drive, saving all the documents there and then giving the client access to the folder via a shared link?

I'm assuming you're using Pipedrive for your email?

• Hossein Mohsenian_8278
    edited October 2020 #9

@Felicity Nolen Good to know, keep safe!

The keyword is 'storage'. We might send 2 or 5 MB of these to customers, but we do need to store some files for each deal due to  various reasons. 

Hence we are not sending 50-100 MB to a customer. :)

• Flip Nolen
    edited October 2020 #10

Sorry, @Hossein Mohsenian I misunderstood!

Where do the original files originate from?

• Hossein Mohsenian_8278
    edited October 2020 #11

@Felicity Nolen Salesperson's camera, client's emails, etc.

You are MOST welcome. Check your LinkedIn too :)

• Flip Nolen
    edited October 2020 #12

Ah, gotcha. So have you considered using Zapier for this?

• Hossein Mohsenian_8278
    edited October 2020 #13

Zapier makes everyone happier! I am using it where-ever it can do the job! For more sophisticated integration give a try to tray.io , for basic integration Zapier is great! @Felicity Nolen THANK YOU FLIP.