Email threads not updating real time for shared Deals

Tim Felix
Tim Felix Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi,

I share all Deals with a colleague as standard but they do not always see the updated mail threads straight away. Is this a known issue or something wrong with our setup?

Kind Regards

Tim

Comments

• Blair Bondar
    Blair Bondar Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi Tim, 
    This reminded me that we have a similar problem. We would like our entire team to be notified when their is an update on a deal. We continue to use a product called Basecamp because it does this very well, but our hopes were we could eliminate basecamp with Pipedrive. Are we missing something in our setup?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #3

Hi @Tim Felix !

As long as your colleague can see the deal and the email messages include him as recipient (in To, CC or BCC), or are set to "Shared" in the original sender/recipient's Pipedrive inbox, they should be able to see them too.

If your colleague is not included in the message thread (in To, CC or BCC) he won't the the email in his own Pipedrive inbox but only inside the deal the emails are linked to. This follows the same logic as sending an email from Gmail, for example: you don't see the conversation in your inox unless you're actively included in it.

Learn more here:

Hope that helped clarify it! 🙏

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #4

Hi Tim, 
    This reminded me that we have a similar problem. We would like our entire team to be notified when their is an update on a deal. We continue to use a product called Basecamp because it does this very well, but our hopes were we could eliminate basecamp with Pipedrive. Are we missing something in our setup?

Hi @Blair Bondar , thank you for your input!

I would suggest using our native Workflow Automation feature to create an automation that, for example, sends the team a Slack notification and/or an email alerting them to the changes in the deal. 

Learn all about it here. 🚀