Add Participants to Deals if person is within same organization linked to Deal

Martin Pfeiffer
Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
5 Up Votes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Dear Community,

quick idea of today!

Imagine I add new leads/person manually or via other misc integrations to Pipedrive and of course I would link them to an existing organization or create a new one therefore.

My challenge NOW: How can I create a Zap in Zapier that links all person working at Deal Organization directly to all deals the organization is part of.

Trigger: NEW Person (linked to an organization)

Filter: all Deals linked to organization

Action: Adds all person linked to organization as participants of all linked deals?

Does this make sense?

Also I would love to understand more about your API end-points maybe someone from the community could share insightful links therefore. 

Much appreciated and have a great day!

Cheers

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited October 2020 #2

Hi @Martin Pfeiffer 

With our open API you should be able to set it up yourself.
    Unfortunately, it's not possible in the current automation.

I haven't seen this request before as most often not everyone inside an organization is involved in every deal. Can you help me understand your use case a bit better please. Why would everyone always be involved in every deal? I can then pass on your feedback to our team here.

• Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Thanks Mike for your response,

I totally agree with You that not all contacts in a company are part of a every deal. However for most of our jobs we anyways will only save relevant contacts who are part of the project and they are usually in most of the cases the same few Marcoms people. But there are always exclusions (global players, governments and large scale regional institutions...) to a rule which need to be defined. We usually have quite a lot of annual recurring jobs and it would certainly help if Pipedrive recognizes a regular pattern (which people are always added to a deal of main organization) and because of that suggests the user if they like to add specific people to it...

Otherwise for us it makes sense if:

• NEW DEAL created with linked Organization 
    • triggers a dialogue of all related organization contacts to be added (user can exclude some of the contact prior confirming)

With kind regards

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited October 2020 #4

Thanks Mike for your response,

I totally agree with You that not all contacts in a company are part of a every deal. However for most of our jobs we anyways will only save relevant contacts who are part of the project and they are usually in most of the cases the same few Marcoms people. But there are always exclusions (global players, governments and large scale regional institutions...) to a rule which need to be defined. We usually have quite a lot of annual recurring jobs and it would certainly help if Pipedrive recognizes a regular pattern (which people are always added to a deal of main organization) and because of that suggests the user if they like to add specific people to it...

Otherwise for us it makes sense if:

• NEW DEAL created with linked Organization 
    • triggers a dialogue of all related organization contacts to be added (user can exclude some of the contact prior confirming)

With kind regards

Thanks for the clarification @Martin Pfeiffer I passed it on to the team. Just a disclaimer, at the moment it's not something we're working on but potentially we will in the future.