Recommendation for Managing Won Deals w/ Products

Leo Shortland
Leo Shortland Member Posts: 7
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi All,

I'm looking for advice and suggestions from others on how they manage the actual fulfillment of won deals in Pipedrive. 

At the moment there seems to be no way to automatically push the data from a won deal to any other platform / gsheet / anything and also include the products associated with that won deal.

Due to this, if one of our reps closes a deal for 10 x Product A and 10 x Product B (closed by received a PO from the customer), and then marks that deal in Pipedrive as won, they still have to manually confirm all the product details / quantites to our order fulfillment team.

This is incredibly time consuming and leads to a large amount of double-entry work - has anyone found a good workaround? Even w/ Zapier or other integration tools, PD doesn't support the product info on deals going to other platforms.

Very keen to see what workflows others may be using! 

Thanks,

Leo

Comments

• Derek Dimmick_13383
    Derek Dimmick_13383 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #2

so Is the process this way because the actual fulfillment of the order gets passed to a different department? Because i Have a couple of ideas. 

• Lliam Green
    Lliam Green Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #3

If you have all of the details in the deal use the automation features

when a project is marked as won - send email with template - then use a template that inputs all of the product details 

• Leo Shortland
    edited September 2020 #4

so Is the process this way because the actual fulfillment of the order gets passed to a different department? Because i Have a couple of ideas. 

Yes - that's exactly it! 

The PO can just be forwarded to fulfilment anyway, but if the rep is filling in all the information in the PD Deal already I'd rather someone else doesn't have to duplicate that!

• Leo Shortland
    edited September 2020 #5

when a project is marked as won - send email with template - then use a template that inputs all of the product details 

Great Suggestion! Any way to push that email to Google Sheets?

• Bastiaan van den Berg
    Bastiaan van den Berg Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #6

https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations/pipedrive/9210/add-pipedrive-deals-reaching-certain-stages-to-google-sheets-rows

I think with Zapier you can.  But reaching the stage should then be deal criteria 'WON'

• Amanda Schaffner ~ Silverman Mortgage Group
    edited February 2022 #7

If your other department uses pipedrive as well, a workaround we use is that we continue working leads after won by having another  pipeline we move them to with various stages or maybe in your case a department? That way the lead is continued to be updated along the way but moves along to another department/situation stage. Not sure if that is helpful but thought I'd add some content for you in case it is.

• Leo Shortland
    edited September 2020 #8

If your other department uses pipedrive as well, a workaround we use is that we continue working leads after won by having another  pipeline we move them to with various stages or maybe in your case a department? That way the lead is continued to be updated along the way but moves along to another department/situation stage. Not sure if that is helpful but thought I'd add some content for you in case it is.

Appreciate the suggestion Amanda! At the moment it's just sales that uses Pipedrive but I hadn't even though of using a pipeline for order management, so I'll investigate how that could look! 

• Leo Shortland
    edited September 2020 #9

Thanks Bastiaan - unfortunately at the moment Product info can't be pulled from PD to GSheets w/ zapier or any other integration software.

• Amanda Schaffner ~ Silverman Mortgage Group
    edited September 2020 #10

Happy to help even in a small way :)

• Lliam Green
    Lliam Green Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020 #11

Option 1

Win deal in pipedrive 

Goto Won Deal 

Export deal as XLS, should have all the information for you.... 

Then create an Excel template that sorts the data for you... 

have a Master "sheet 1" in Excel and paste the exported data 

In "sheet 2" then you would create a pivot table to sort the data for you  and who to send the orders to at procurement 

Unfortunately products aren't that clever in pipedrive just yet to send emails to product owners when a deal is won so needs some external support. 

• William Kelly
    William Kelly Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #12

We do digital fulfillment in our sales/implementation sequence. We have set up a final step in the sales pipeline called "Implementation". The deal is marked as "Won" when a purchase order is received (which triggers invoicing through SaasOptics), and the deal is moved to "Implementation". We have an automation set up that alerts our implementation manager that a deal is ready to implement with both a new Pipedrive activity, and an alert on Slack. Implementation has their own Pipedrive account, and look at the deal details to figure out the specifics of the implementation. 

Hope that's helpful.

• Andy Newbom
    Andy Newbom Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #13

We use three pipelines for different purposes. We sell to integration partners who sell to biz/gov clients.

1. Projects - these are individual projects that our partners are working on - therefore we can have multiple Deals/projects for different end users for the SAME partner
      1. We can use the same pipeline if we get an end user, then we scope the need, then connect them with partner.
      2. Each deal has a max of one quote (can do many revisions)
    2. Partners - we use this to move NEW partners through our lead to partner - and then Partner to onboarded process - 1 Deal per partner ever.
    3. OEM partner - they have a different order flow so we track it separately

Once we WIN a deal it is put into Asana (BOY would we like to have it add products!) and we do all order tracking and processing there. However we could easily make an order pipeline as well.

• David_Zisner
    David_Zisner Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary Elite + Premier Solution Provider 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #14

Hi @Leo Shortland ,

We perform this type of processes all the time - using Integromat, you can use the "List Products in a Deal" action to fetch the array of products with their names, quantities, price and custom fields.

You can then push this data to your fulfillment sheet.

Have you tried using Integromat?

• Daniela Theart
    Daniela Theart Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #15

We need signed quotes for our project handover.

Our project tool is Monday.com and Pipedrive,  and once they won a deal, the Projects Board gets updated (Pipedrive integrates with Monday.com).  I had to create a custom field for the team to add what type of solution was sold ie Hosted PBX, Fibre, APN etc.  Our  projects team sees this info then on the project board the moment the deal is won.

• Leo Shortland
    edited October 2020 #16

Hi @Leo Shortland ,

We perform this type of processes all the time - using Integromat, you can use the "List Products in a Deal" action to fetch the array of products with their names, quantities, price and custom fields.

You can then push this data to your fulfillment sheet.

Have you tried using Integromat?

Hi David - thanks very much for the recommendation! I will check it out.

• Leo Shortland
    edited October 2020 #17

We need signed quotes for our project handover.

Our project tool is Monday.com and Pipedrive,  and once they won a deal, the Projects Board gets updated (Pipedrive integrates with Monday.com).  I had to create a custom field for the team to add what type of solution was sold ie Hosted PBX, Fibre, APN etc.  Our  projects team sees this info then on the project board the moment the deal is won.

Thanks Daniela - I will check this option out as well!

• Velvet Harrington
    Velvet Harrington Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #18

Hi Leo, 

Our team uses Pipedrive and Trello. Once the deal is marked as WON it is automatically sent to a Trello Board that is managed by our Project Management team. We use this to calculate MRR, ERM, and other data required for our business. We also have it integrated with Slack. Once a deal is added and as it moves to a certain stage, we have a slack channel specifically for those notifications that are pushed through our automation with Zapier. 

• Luiz Centenaro
    Luiz Centenaro Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #19

We've hacked Pipedrive to manage our onboarding too. This post helped: https://www.pipedrive.com/en/blog/customer-success-falcon-social

When CS takes over, they duplicate the deal & move it into our onboarding pipeline.