Synchronize recurring calendar events and block them in the activity list / scheduler!

Right now if you have a recurring calendar event it will only block the first event but not the following recurring events which leads to overbooking existing meetings with the pipedrive scheduler and also missing activities as the recurring events do not show up anymore in the activity list.

Please add this feature!

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Rob Bakker
    Rob Bakker Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #2

Would be a very good feature. I use it for somerepetitieve tasks I won't wanna forget. 

Have to use Zapier right now.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited October 2020 #3

Hi @Franziska Palumbo-Seidel 

Sorry about that experience. The expected behaviour is:

1. Set up recurring calendar event outside of Pipedrive which syncs to Pipedrive
    2. The first activity shows up on the list view
    3. All other recurring ones show up as grey on your calendar (don't show up on the list) and will block off that time slot
    4. This should avoid people booking this time slot via the scheduler.

In case the recurring activities don't show on your calendar and block it off for the scheduler then please reach out to our support team via the in-app chat or support@pipedrive.com so they can help you resolve this.

• Franziska Palumbo-Seidel
    Franziska Palumbo-Seidel Member Posts: 7
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 2020 #4

Okay thanks! Now I can see that it actually blocks the calendar. I just have to take that first activity from the list view and move it to following week. But really good that it blocks the calendar on the scheduler so no one can over book it. Thanks for answering!

• Donna Ward
    Donna Ward Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

the recurring activities show grey on my calendar  but they are scheduled 25 hours after the scheduled time in my native calendar (Outlook)

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited October 2020 #6

the recurring activities show grey on my calendar  but they are scheduled 25 hours after the scheduled time in my native calendar (Outlook)

@Donna Ward I'd recommend to talk to our support team about this via the in-app chat or support@pipedrive.com

Perhaps your calendar and Pipedrive are set to different timezones?

• RI
    RI Member Posts: 15
    First Comment

Are there any plans to change (fix) this?