What about this feature for note template?

Rolf Hægeland
Rolf Hægeland Member Posts: 2
First Comment
Pipedrive 2020-09-30 kl. 14.11.31.mov
Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Dana Coates
    Dana Coates Member Posts: 20
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #2

Good idea

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Rolf Hægeland so just clarifying you're suggestion to have note templates right?

• Rolf Hægeland
    Rolf Hægeland Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #4

Hi @Rolf Hægeland so just clarifying you're suggestion to have note templates right?

HI @Mike van der Valk
    That's correct. I would love the possibility to make templates for notes. Now with the new comment feature for notes, it would be really good. And it would make it unnecessary for us to use a third-party management system in one of our companies. 

Thank you for your reply. 

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    Jörgen Sjöstrand_231 Member Posts: 80
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #5

Why limit it to note, why not have templates in activities as well - a lot of the time you have the same to fill in for each customer. We have templates in the mails (see my nice collage below) buts its even more useful in activities/notes because we do a lot more of those than emails, like 10:1.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2021 #6

Why limit it to note, why not have templates in activities as well - a lot of the time you have the same to fill in for each customer. We have templates in the mails (see my nice collage below) buts its even more useful in activities/notes because we do a lot more of those than emails, like 10:1.

Thanks @Rolf Hægeland and @Jörgen Sjöstrand I've passed on the suggestion for note and activity templates to our team.

• Jhon LeBaron
    Jhon LeBaron Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021 #7

This would be an AMAZING feature!
    When doing in home estimates we have a template we follow. If there was a way to pull up a template it would save so much time when creating a note...

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2022 #8

Hi @Jhon LeBaron @Rolf Hægeland and others,

Is there a specific reason why the information should be in a note? If you want to store the same information each time, why not create custom fields to store this data?

Can then then make bulk actions, filter, etc..

• Romain Codron
    Romain Codron Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #9

love it !

• GuydeCarufel
    GuydeCarufel Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited January 2021 #10

Is there a specific reason why the information should be in a note? If you want to store the same information each time, why not create custom fields to store this data?

I was looking for the same feature or similar. My use case is to have a Q&A section to qualify prospects, where I can just fill in the Answer to template questions, and be able to update it as the prospect progresses through the pipeline. Making them fields could work, but if there was a way to group fields for a specific "template" form that would be even better.  While we are at it, if that form could be written in markdown, that would save tones of time.

• GuydeCarufel
    GuydeCarufel Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2021 #11

Seems that the new document feature has the ability to build templates off of Fields, which is pretty close to what I was looking for.

• Kurt Uhlir
    Kurt Uhlir Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #12

I would love to have the ability to add a template option to notes.

• Matthieu Rodrigues
    Matthieu Rodrigues Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #13

Hello guys, any news about this feature idea?

• Emil Gorczyca
    Emil Gorczyca Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #14

+1 from our team. This feature would be great. 

• 黃彥傑
    黃彥傑 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021 #15

+1 from our team. Any news about this?

• Jason W
    Jason W Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #16

Hi @Mike van der Valk 

I would like to +1 this suggestion again. 

The use case for us is simple but crucial: It gives a way for sales management to template the type of "business intelligence" that need to be collected at each stage of the pipeline before progressing a deal forward. 

If you can make it so that the note templates can be matched to default/custom fields and can automatically populate these fields upon submitting the form, that would be next level. 

Also, ActiveCampaign provides an option to request a task outcome before completing the activity. 

It's a very simple but effective feature that should be added to Pipedrive. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2021 #17

Hi @Jason W I'll do my best to highlight this again to our team. However for your use case, perhaps this could be the solution? 
    https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/required-fields

• Andrew Lawley
    Andrew Lawley Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021 #18

+1 - I would love to have this feature. It would extremely important. When will this be included?

• Romain_78027
    Romain_78027 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #19

PLEASE DO this feature, notes templates would be perfect.

When you contact somebody, you have always the same kind of questions. Today I am obliged to copy-paste these questions from my TextEdit app (mac) into the notes before starting a call. So much time wasted.

THANKS !

• Alison Cheek
    Alison Cheek Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #20

This is a great idea for a discovery questions. Same questions every time - if they could be added to a notes template, would make a big difference. Any update?

• Bob Harper
    Bob Harper Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #21

It would be better in notes because I don't want a tone of custom fields cluttering up my sidebar. Plus, I want to be able to take call notes in one place. The template would just provide a prompt to ensure I don't forget any important questions. If there is a better way to do it with custom fields, I'm open to seeing an example. As for now, I agree that a note would be better.

• Sufi
    Sufi Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Is there any news about developing templates in activities & notes?

It would REALLY save a lot of time for our team!

Thanks

• Try using tools like Blaze or TextExpander.

• Julie Pickrell
    Julie Pickrell Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

+1 vote for this - either notes or activity templates. Both would be super useful.

• parnell
    parnell Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic

+1 here too. would be very helpful