Web visitors strategy

TM Admin
TM Admin Member Posts: 22
First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hi, we're interested in the Web Visitors add on.

Practically, what is your strategy on contacting a website visitor? Just calling head quarters or email the info address and saying "Someone from your company has visited our website, who might this be?" Sometimes it are huge companies with thousands of employees.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas.
Rob

Tagged:

Comments

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #2

My method is to always reach out to the person I want to speak with in that organisation and use the visits to leverage or pique interest in why they too should be visiting. 

For me it is either CTO, CIO, or CEO. 

• TM Admin
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Thanks @Paul McKenna. Its cool to see a web visitor from a large company coming in. It would be great to have that company as a customer. But isn't it like seeking for a needle in the hay steck to find that person who visited your website? 

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #4
    TM Admin said:

Thanks @Paul McKenna. Its cool to see a web visitor from a large company coming in. It would be great to have that company as a customer. But isn't it like seeking for a needle in the hay steck to find that person who visited your website? 

I keep most of my marketing campaigns very targeted, to specific roles and industries. When I get web visitors they are generally the outcome of sales targeted leads or marketing campaigns. I know who I want looking at my site, ergo that's who I want to speak with. The visitors function is a good net for measuring the real impressions/clicks etc. of those campaigns.

The greatest difficulty I see with the service right now (mid pandemic) is the fact that most of the searches are coming from people working in their homes, so who knows where they work. 

• TM Admin
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #5
    TM Admin said:

Exactly, that is the difference we see with the webvisits in Google Analytics that are much higher than from the pipedrive app. Fair (or sad) enough ;-)

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    Jeremy Gulley_11062 Member Posts: 80
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited October 2020 #6

We're using web visitors in an after action way as well. Generally this tool is utilized after a campaign is sent and we can see which organizations have checkout out the site. If we find an org that we don't currently have as a lead, we generally don't call around all day to investigate. Good feature to have but, definitely doesn't add too much value to our overall strategy.  

• Maximilian Thieme
    Maximilian Thieme Member Posts: 28
    Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited October 2020 #7

That question is really really important. Upfront: never start with "hey, you visited our website...." No one wants to get treated like that and wants to hear it. Imagine yourself if you receive a call with this intro, huh?

There are several use-cases to use this technical function to improve your sales experience and sales skills.
    1. Use the web visitors for cold out reaches.
    Just create a standard workflow for your outreach. One of the biggest parts you have to master is the contact research, which gets very easy if you done this enough times. 
    As Paul mentioned, you will also have your basic contacts you want to talk with, so normally nothing changes till here.

The only thing that changes now, is that you have way more informations than your potentiell prospect is capable to think of. Use these informations to your advantage and implement it into your pitch. Its funny, because if you are doing the outreach right, you won't get the classic no's. You already know whats relevant for the prospect.

Hey Mike, this is TM Admin, i was thinking of ABC(interest on your website) as benefit for your company, if that makes sense for you bla bla bla....

2. Use web visitors everywhere

You can use it to improve your upsells. You can use it to improve campaign performances, etc... the idea behind is always the same. Use the information and create a natural conversation with your prospect about the benefits for them, if they buy the upsell, join the campaign offer, etc... hope that makes sense.

Best

Max

max@online-vertriebsberatung.de | online-vertriebsberatung.de

• Maximilian Thieme
    Maximilian Thieme Member Posts: 28
    Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited October 2020 #8
    TM Admin said:

That's also a good point. But don't forget that the people who search for your services are mostly the people (hopefully) with the decision-making authority, so they are definitly connected through VPN of the company, etc... :) 

• TM Admin
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #9

Hi Max and Jeremy, 

Thanks a million for your contributions to my question. Very helpful to share with my collègues! I'm learning a lot!