Linking multiple emails to a deal

Options
Adam Baker
Adam Baker Member Posts: 7
First Anniversary Photogenic

Hi All, 

I have the email synch enabled on Pipedrive and any email that is addressed to or from the participants ends up on the deal , which is great.  However there are a number of deal related emails that do not automatically end up on the deal as the emails do not include the participants.  

It would be great if I could select multiple emails and then link to the one deal in one movement.  Right now I have to go into each email and link individually.  This is too laborious so I do not do it and therefore sometimes miss an important email on a deal.  

Does anyone have a work around?  Is this something that Pipedrive are going to implement in the future?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Comments

• Rob Bakker
    Rob Bakker Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

There would already be some time won if you'd could link the mail in the inbox overview. Give us the option to "edit" this column like you can in the Organisations- or Contactslist. 

The only workaround we use in our company is to strictly use the implemented mailing in PD. But everybody agrees that it is a step back from Outlook.

• Adam Baker
    Adam Baker Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2020 #3
    Options

There would already be some time won if you'd could link the mail in the inbox overview. Give us the option to "edit" this column like you can in the Organisations- or Contactslist. 

The only workaround we use in our company is to strictly use the implemented mailing in PD. But everybody agrees that it is a step back from Outlook.

Thanks Rob.  Yes committing to Pipedrive inbox and doing away with Gmail would be a big step that I don't think I am ready to take.  It's great that we can link emails to deals, but the Pipedrive Inbox does not compare to our current gmail set up.

Thanks for the reply.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2022 #4
    Options

Hi @Adam Baker , thank you for your feedback!

A good way to save yourself that trouble and to avoid that some emails fall through the cracks is to use the Smart Email BCC. It will ensure that every message that includes it gets linked to the respective deal. @Rob Bakker I think this might be a handy tip for you too.

In any case, I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team for future developments.

• Jeffrey_20451
    Jeffrey_20451 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #5
    Options

@Inês Batata, buidling on what @Rob Bakker said, it would be so helpful to be able to select multiple emails from the inbox view, and then link them all to a deal at the same time. I find I'm often going into each email, finding and linking to a deal, and the coming back to the inbox to do it over again - it's quite very time consuming! I'd like to be able to link many emails to a single deal at the same time. 

• Patrick Joy
    Patrick Joy Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #6
    Options

This would be a very useful feature, especially when migrating to Pipedrive from another CRM.

• Daniel Hungerford
    Daniel Hungerford Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #7
    Options

Also sometimes pipedrive Assigns an email from a client that has a no. of deals, to the wrong deal and it is time consuming changing one email at a time, a bulk assign would be the perfect solution to this.

• Mark Griffiths
    Mark Griffiths Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2022 #8
    Options

There are a number of post about this going back two years - Pipedrive, you really need to resolve this as it's the singularly most frustrating part of the system. Do you have an update on the situation? 

• Joachim BRINDEAU_32281
    Joachim BRINDEAU_32281 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

Is there any progress on this request?

I would really make use of this feature.

Any workaround is welcome.

• Joachim BRINDEAU_32281
    Joachim BRINDEAU_32281 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2021 #10
    Options

• Amber Cawley
    Amber Cawley Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #11
    Options

I've been asking for this functionality for YEARS now.

Without it it makes the email functionality clunky.

I regularly have 500 plus emails at a time that need syncing and it is so frustrating.

Given we can already filter and select certain emails; surely it is not difficult to add a bulk deal update? @Inês Batata 

• Amber Cawley
    First Comment
    edited November 2021 #12
    Options

I filter and search emails by subject and then do a copy paste of deal title to individually link them. If you click the back button... the filtered list remains and you can do the next one - then I archive in bulk. it makes it slightly faster but still time consuming.

• Amber Cawley
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #13
    Options

The other option that may support this delayed feature... would be changing the criteria for the linking of emails.

This is currently done via "Owner"... but owners have multiple deals so this isn't effective.

I'd love to see automatic linking to a deal based on subject line... as most of our unlinked deals reference the deal name or deal ID in the subject line. @Inês Batata 

• Amber Cawley
    First Comment
    edited November 2021 #14
    Options

A good way to save yourself that trouble and to avoid that some emails fall through the cracks is to use the Smart Email BCC. It will ensure that every message that includes it gets linked to the respective deal. @Rob Bakker I think this might be a handy tip for you too.

In any case, I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team for future developments.

The Smart Email BCC doesn't work with multiple deals and single owners.

• Illyés Péter
    Illyés Péter Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2022 #15
    Options

Inês Batata, 

Do you have good or any news from your dev. team about the status of this long-awaited development? 

• Nat Simmons
    Nat Simmons Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I just went to do this as we have just moved to PipeDrive and I have 6 months worth of emails that I want to link to deals associated with particular clients.

• lifeofleon
    lifeofleon Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    Options

This is actually nuts. Pipedrive response to anything:

"We'll look into it".

It's actually astonishing how many features I search for that don't actually exist. Truly.