Is our current permissions and visibility setting not suiting your needs 100% at the moment?

Options
Najme Esmaili
Najme Esmaili Posts: 6 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Comment Pipedrive Team
edited February 14 in Research and Beta Testing #1

Good news, we are planning to improve the permission & visibility but we need help from you.  🚀

We have some ideas on how the solution would be and we would like to map this with your current implementation to make sure we are covering all of your needs.

What do we need?

We need to identify your most complicated visibility groups & permission sets and map it out with our envisioned solution.

How do we want to do it?

Does your company have more than 7 layers of visibility groups and more than 4 permission sets then you are our hero! Reply to this post and we will get in touch and ask about your team structure and use cases so that soon our permissions and visibility will cover all your needs. 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Comments

• Stephen Phillips
    Stephen Phillips Member Posts: 16
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

We really need the ability for admins to "lock" custom fields. We use custom fields for critical bits of info but hate the fact that any user can edit them. Ideally, we would like to have custom fields with the options of view only or even hide for non admins so that we can control and secure our data in a better way!

• Vygantas Lasys
    Vygantas Lasys Member Posts: 14
    First Comment 5 Likes
    edited October 2020 #3
    Options

We really need the ability for admins to "lock" custom fields. We use custom fields for critical bits of info but hate the fact that any user can edit them. Ideally, we would like to have custom fields with the options of view only or even hide for non admins so that we can control and secure our data in a better way!

Our clients also need to hide some custom fields  (or  their values) from some users - manufacturing costs, client discount, etc.  

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #4
    Options

Custom fields AND the deal value!!! I do have customers who are ok with sharing informations on each deal, but want to avoid, that everybody is able to calculate the overall turn over easily!

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #5
    Options

User private notes please

• Alberto Juárez Garrido
    Alberto Juárez Garrido Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2021 #6
    Options

Manejamos un sistema de franquicias donde se producen varios trabajos

1. Prospección de Franquiciados
    2. Prospección de clientes para franquiciados
    3. Gestión de los clientes para la ejecución de servicios/venta de productos mediante órdenes de trabajo a franquiciados

Entiendo que Pipedrive nos podría ayudar en las dos primeras, puesto que PipeDrive no tiene en la actualidad un sistema de flujo de trabajo para operaciones con clientes.

Bien, como se puede observar la primera parte es exclusiva para miembros de la empresa raíz que se encargan del reclutamiento de franquiciados, mientras que la segunda, es para la parte comercial que sirve de soporte para nuestros franquiciados, con lo que:

1. Los campos personalizados que se crean para el reclutamiento (1) no son los mismos que se utilizan para la parte comercial (2), con lo que me gustaría que se pudiera segmentar esta visibilidad de campos
    2. El embudo que se utiliza para para el reclutamiento (1) no es el mismo que se utiliza para la parte comercial (2), como lo que me gustaría que se pudiera segmentar esta visibilidad de embudos en base a grupos/equipos. 
  • Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #7
    Options

Permissions & visibility of Leads. I would like there to be a "visible to" and a "default view" for Leads.

It is a bit clunky to open up with everyones leads. 

• Elena Kazarov
    Elena Kazarov Member Posts: 18
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #8
    Options

Here is our scenario:

I work at Company A. We subcontract some work to Company B. We want Company B to ONLY have access to a portion of our data, while the rest of the users (Company A) have access to all data (Company A + Company B). To me, the visibility groups follow the logic of "who can see what this group creates", but what we want is "what can this group see/not see." We tried the following:

Group: Company A. Settings: Owner's visibility group (I read this as: only Company A staff can see items created by this group). 

Group: Company B. Settings: Entire company (I read this as: entire company can see items created by this group - which we want). 

The problem with this is we have to go through EVERY other deal that we work on for Company A, and re-assign it to "Owner's visibility group", which is unsustainable. It would be easier if the logic of the settings was flipped: "members of this group can see/cannot see....XYZ."

• Elena Kazarov
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #9
    Options

Here is our scenario:

I work at Company A. We subcontract some work to Company B. We want Company B to ONLY have access to a portion of our data, while the rest of the users (Company A) have access to all data (Company A + Company B). To me, the visibility groups follow the logic of "who can see what this group creates", but what we want is "what can this group see/not see." We tried the following:

Group: Company A. Settings: Owner's visibility group (I read this as: only Company A staff can see items created by this group). 

Group: Company B. Settings: Entire company (I read this as: entire company can see items created by this group - which we want). 

The problem with this is we have to go through EVERY other deal that we work on for Company A, and re-assign it to "Owner's visibility group", which is unsustainable. It would be easier if the logic of the settings was flipped: "members of this group can see/cannot see....XYZ."

To expand: when we create a visibility group, it's because we don't want this group to see everyone else's data. We want this group to be in a bubble with a two-way mirror: everyone else can see in, but the group cannot see outside of their bubble.

• Elena Kazarov
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #10
    Options

@Josh Monifi @Catherine Bailey add anything I may have missed

• Najme Esmaili
    Najme Esmaili Posts: 6 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited November 2020 #11
    Options

Thanks for pointing this out. I might reach you for further discussion or even some testing. Thank you again. @Elena Kazarov 

• Elena Kazarov
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #12
    Options

I would also add, that we'd like the ability to have users be in two groups. We have employees that need to be able to see the entire company's data (they are part of Company A), but they also work on the data required to be in Company B group. So, if we put them in just one of the groups, they can't see some data they need.

• Elena Kazarov
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #13
    Options

@Najme Esmaili we would love that, thanks!

• Jacob_36470
    Jacob_36470 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 2021 #14
    Options

How about splitting up permissions/visibility for Activities associated with a Person or Deal. So employees in a certain visibility group or with a certain permission set can see the Person object and certain fields, but cannot see associated Activities like notes, calls, etc. if they are sensitive.

Some Activities may be sensitive and either have sensitive notes appended or info, so they should be restricted, but the Person object itself shouldn't be. A good use case is closing a new Deal. Maybe there are specific sensitive information exchanged and recorded, like payment info or financial info, which other higher-tiered users need access to to move them along, but the initial sales rep shouldn't see this. But to do that now, the initial sales rep would need to lose visibility to the entire Person object, which doesn't make sense.

Top this off with more granular permissions for the fields in the Person/Deal object, like locking or hiding the field's values entirely, and this adds tremendous value to any organization who needs to instill data governance policies to stay compliant/secure.

• Rob at USP
    Rob at USP Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

You wrote:

How about splitting up permissions/visibility for Activities associated with a Person or Deal. So employees in a certain visibility group or with a certain permission set can see the Person object and certain fields, but cannot see associated Activities like notes, calls, etc. if they are sensitive.

So how do I split permissions for activities for a person or deal. I cannot see how to do it.

This discussion has been closed.