Salesforce campaigns

Lionel Dubois_16092
Lionel Dubois_16092 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I've used PD before when doing self-employed consultancy work but I'd like to bring it to my current firm to replace Salesforce which over the last year hasn't done for us what it needs to. However, I'm struggling to replicate one crucial element, campaigns.

Campaigns:

At the moment, we select a group of contacts on SF using filters to give us a target list for a new campaign to sell a particular product. We then email that target list an introductory email about the new product.

We then refer to that campaign list and use it as our main activities page: we look at who has been emailed and then follow up with discrete emails and telephone calls to talk about how the product might help them, etc. with the aim of a final sale.

In PD, would I have to set up a separate deal for each contact in order to be able to replicate this type of facility? And if so, is there a way to automate that since I'm looking at a dozen products with up to 100 contacts for each product?

Thank you!

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited October 2020 #2

Hi @Lionel Dubois 

Actually what you can do is filter out your group of contacts you want to approach. Then you can give them a certain contact label or create a custom single- or multiple option field through which you can "tag" them. You can then save a filter that finds contacts with this tag so you always have that group close by. Learn more on custom fields and filtering here.

Now you can set up an email template with merge fields that make sure all emails are personalised with information from the contact itself. With our group email feature you can then send them all the same personalised email in one go.

Hope that helps!

• Omer Shani
    Omer Shani Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

As for Campaigns, I know what Lionel is looking for, since I used to work with SF as well, and they give a 360 overview on a specific campaign, which is currently lack in PD. For example, total investment, ROI and many more insights and data on online/campaign.

It would be a great feature in PD as well.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #4

As for Campaigns, I know what Lionel is looking for, since I used to work with SF as well, and they give a 360 overview on a specific campaign, which is currently lack in PD. For example, total investment, ROI and many more insights and data on online/campaign.

It would be a great feature in PD as well.

Gotcha, we actually have started to dive into that area with the acquisition of Mailigen a marketing tool which also handles campaigns. 

It will still take some time but expect us to do great things in the future when it comes to Marketing and Campaigns in Pipedrive.

• Lionel Dubois_16092
    Lionel Dubois_16092 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #5

Thank you, @Mike van der Valk , that's really helpful.

I've got that far with the filters so I'm glad that's the route you recommend. I'll then set up a custom field to indicate that the emails have been sent and use the answer Yes to trigger two automations, one to set up a deal per contact emailed and the other to set up a follow-up activity such as a call a couple of days later. Hope that makes sense to you, but that's as far as I've got!

Thanks again,

Lionel

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #6

Thank you, @Mike van der Valk , that's really helpful.

I've got that far with the filters so I'm glad that's the route you recommend. I'll then set up a custom field to indicate that the emails have been sent and use the answer Yes to trigger two automations, one to set up a deal per contact emailed and the other to set up a follow-up activity such as a call a couple of days later. Hope that makes sense to you, but that's as far as I've got!

Thanks again,

Lionel

Hi @Lionel Dubois I think that's a great solution for now. I've asked our team who's going to look at more Marketing type of functionality for Pipedrive to look at these comments, they might reach out to you down the road to get some of your insights 🙏

• Jana Waldschmidt_66
    Jana Waldschmidt_66 Pipedrive Team Posts: 12 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited October 2020 #7

Hi @Lionel Dubois !

I am a Product Manager here at Pipedrive, currently working on email marketing related topics.

Would you be willing to talk with me a little bit more in detail about campaigns? I would really appreciate your input.

Feel free to reach out to me directly on jana.waldschmidt@pipedrive.com